Movie Recommendations.

• Sleep Furiously
    Youtube Video

• Henry V, the Branagh version. It's my favourite Shakespeare adaptation. Also Patrick Doyle does an amazing soundtrack, and it has an amazing cast.

Rashomon. The best Kurosawa movie imo.

Ladyhawke. It's got a cheesy soundtrack sure, but it's a great romantic fantasy. Rutger Hauer is great in it.

• I thought about recommending what my little quote thing ("Words, words. They're all we have to go on") at the bottom of each of my posts is from.

It's from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead which is one of my favorite stage plays and the movie adaptation is pretty awesome, with Gary Oldman and Tim Roth as the title characters. If your looking for something a bit absurdist (technically an absurdist, existential tragicomedy) it's about the minor characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern from Hamlet who are stuck playing out a part and find themselves both unaware and unable to stray from the script that means they will ultimately die as a minor plot point in Hamlet.

The entire thing is full of some of my favorite quotes and monologues (one of which I have performed before as part of a drama exam), including "We're actors! We're the opposite of people."

If your in the mood for something different I think it's worth a watch. The actual play itself is also worth a read if you're into scripts.

• @EmptyMorgue Ooooh I love Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. It might be cheaty but I might consider it my second fave Shakespeare movie. Roth and Oldman are amazing, though I wasn't overly fond of Richard Dreyfus in it.

• @EmptyMorgue
    Awfully pretentious but as a teenager a friend and I would play the word tennis game found in the Stoppard script.

It's bloody difficult.

A rose is a rose is a rose

• Not a movie really, but if you have any appreciation for Shakespeare, or want to see a humorous take on the material, check out The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged. It's all of the works, done in like an hour and a half, and by three guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmfrqAVeK0

• @flower_arrangement I feel like everyone's entitled to being a pretentious teenager at some point. That game is so difficult to play, I tried with some friends as well.

• @Inustar Same, but I will say Iain Glen has always been one of my favorite movie Hamlets since seeing Ros & Guil.

• @EmptyMorgue You know, now that I think of it, I have never been overly fond of any movie Hamlet. I always prefer the other actors in their roles. So yeah, Iain Glen probably does rank pretty high for me.

• Dollars Trilogy - A Fistful of Dollars (1964) For a Few Dollars More (1965) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)