Tips for Persona 3?

• Heya Allies,

I just started Persona 3 and was wondering if there were any tips / tricks I should be aware of as a newbie to the franchise. Is there is a preference of what clubs to join, how often to go into the dungeon, stuff like that? A bit afraid to google it cause of spoilers so I figured I'd just ask here = )

Or would you guys recommend to just go in blind on everything and fumble my way through = p

L&R,
    DarthPrince

• Honestly, it's best to go in blind. Maxing out social links is very rarely done on a first playthrough, so just spend time with the characters you have the most interest in. As far as exploring the dungeon, I usually try to knock that out of the way as quickly as possible, that way I have extra time in there if a particular boss is giving me problems or if I breeze through it, that's just extra time to work on my links. That's just how I play it though and there's nothing wrong with doing things differently. Experiment and have fun!

• My plan for Tartarus is always: Visit once a week, beat a boss each time you go in. Do that and you should conquer the tower with ease.

• As mentioned just try to get to a checkpoint everytime you go to Tartarus, which clubs you choose make no difference.

As for social links there are a few that I think are not very interesting, bu the following I'd definitively recommend:

Hanged Man
    ! Hermit
    ! Sun
    ! All of the party members

So if anything I'd prioritize those

1. Don't put a certain self-loathing guy in your party..
    2. Aigis is best girl in any game ever.
    3. Get ready to download the soundtrack
    4. Make sure Protag has a variaty of different persona's with differental elemental abilities so you can take on any threat.
    5. Yukari is best healer

• @Michster said in Tips for Persona 3?:

1. Don't put a certain self-loathing guy in your party..
    2. Mitsuru is best girl in any game ever.
    3. Get ready to download the soundtrack
    4. Make sure Protag has a variaty of different persona's with differental elemental abilities so you can take on any threat.
    5. Yukari is best healer

You spelled Mitsuru wrong, fixed it for ya :wink:

• @bard91 Maybe... if she ever stops the mindcharge/bufudyne-train. :p

• @Michster I will always put that self-loathing guy in my party. Respect for one of my favorite characters!

• @SabotageTheTruth

Maybe, but you'll have to do some serious grinding after a certain point.

• @Michster He's worth the grinding.

• Thanks for all the tips guys. Sorry for being MIA in my own thread... will definitely keep those suggested links in mind. Good to know the choice of club doesn't matter.

Will try to hit one boss a week for the dungeon... feels odd coming up with a schedule for within the game lol. Can't say I've played a game like this before.

But mostly, I'm now curious to meet Aigis and Mitsuru =p

• Its been awhile not sure if these tips work for the version you play but here we go.

Having the arcana of the social link equipped when you do them gives you a small boost.
    You can see how much they enjoyed hanging out with you by how many musical notes pop over their head.
    Most of the time don't try to focus on one Social link at a time. you could get stuck with days not being able to social link with anyone. since the only one available is already maxed out.

• Helel... And Satan.

You're welcome.

• @PlayerPi said in Tips for Persona 3?:

Its been awhile not sure if these tips work for the version you play but here we go.

Having the arcana of the social link equipped when you do them gives you a small boost.
    You can see how much they enjoyed hanging out with you by how many musical notes pop over their head.
    Most of the time don't try to focus on one Social link at a time. you could get stuck with days not being able to social link with anyone. since the only one available is already maxed out.

Didn't realize that! That's pretty awesome. Will try and diversify my social link portfolio too =p

@Paper-Lion said in Tips for Persona 3?:

Helel... And Satan.

You're welcome.

Thank you! Correct grammar always makes me happy lol =D

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.