Dear Bosman - Live with YouTube Gaming

• Good to see the weirdness slowly sneaking its way into these :D

• Global Moderator

That bonus bit were beautiful, almost as the entire series have lead up to that moment! also, I'll be investing in the milkshake market

• So the guy who makes Drawn to Death (David Jaffe) seems a "bit" annoyed about the comments Kyle made...

• @dramaticslowmo Kyle is so happy he's on a media blackout right now

• How did Kyle even remember that game? I mean I haven't seen a single news story of it since its reveal two years ago at PSX. (Where it had zero impact on me.)

Had to rewatch that Dear Bosman, I didn't even register the Drawn to Death part the first time. I like Jaffe for giving us God of War, but man, that last tweet on the list to Kyle. Not cool.

• @dramaticslowmo Those Twitter responses are alarming. Also, the whole argument of, "He was mean to me, so fuck him," makes no sense, as it just perpetuates the bad vibes that Jaffe apparently is adamantly against. I'd say we should actively boycott that game, but it's not like anyone was planning on playing that heap of garbage anyway.

• Yeah, It's hard to imagine this being serious. The whole advertising campaign for that game has been equally as hostile, so I'm not sure whether this is as serious as it looks or if it's all just part of the gag.

But judging from his responses to other people sticking up for Kyle....I'd wager it's serious, which is a bit cruel. I don't usually agree with Kyle often, or appreciate his trolly nonsense, but....that was just uncalled for.

• Wow that guy really lost it.. the irony being that his tweets make him look far more stupid than Kyle's show ever could.

I guess it can't feel good to have someone poke fun at your game, but it seems pretty obvious that this show is totally a joke (I mean look at his sweaters).. oh well

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Dear Bosman - Live with YouTube Gaming:

The whole advertising campaign for that game has been equally as hostile, so I'm not sure whether this is as serious as it looks or if it's all just part of the gag.

...There's been an advertising campaign for that game?

It's kinda sad that he's going that nuts considering how little influence Kyle has in the grand scheme of things. Where was his attack on Kyle when he was constantly going on about how stupid Battleborn is? Does he agree that Battleborn is a stupid game whilst at the same time not know his game is a very similar type of stupid? He seems like someone who isn't very self aware, but at the same time if this gets picked up by any outlet it'll be the most press his game has got in the past 2 years so who knows it could be some sort of calculated dickery.

• Youtube Video – [10:23..]

This is spooky.

(or Kyle/Jaffe have had negative interactions before idk)

• @Ringedwithtile That's a good find.

• Holy cow, how deep is does this rabbit hole go? Does anyone have access to Bosman's old yearbook? I'd start there looking for clues...

• @Mr-M said in Dear Bosman - Live with YouTube Gaming:

@ZyloWolfBane said in Dear Bosman - Live with YouTube Gaming:

The whole advertising campaign for that game has been equally as hostile, so I'm not sure whether this is as serious as it looks or if it's all just part of the gag.

...There's been an advertising campaign for that game?

It's kinda sad that he's going that nuts considering how little influence Kyle has in the grand scheme of things. Where was his attack on Kyle when he was constantly going on about how stupid Battleborn is? Does he agree that Battleborn is a stupid game whilst at the same time not know his game is a very similar type of stupid? He seems like someone who isn't very self aware, but at the same time if this gets picked up by any outlet it'll be the most press his game has got in the past 2 years so who knows it could be some sort of calculated dickery.

Yeah, there was a youtube video they made where a character from the game insults bad user comments from a polygon article on the game.

Really great idea huh?

• To be fair Jaffe has a point with his comment about cynical, mean spirited journalism. It’s the reason I follow easy allies because it is not. If I member correctly Kyle also talked about how the artwork of the game looked like doodles and that’s why is pretty unappealing. This and that it is a just the 100th arena shooter nobody cares about. But I wouldn’t be surprised if those tweet actually really matter to Kyle. Jaffes last tweet about his game was not too long ago Nov.12. Wonder if it is normal for a developer to write for the official playstation blog. But yep the game still looks shitty as hell, and with only 6 playable characters, lol

• @Ikataishou I agree. Although I love Bosman and his comedy I found his Battleborn commnts a little anti-L&R.

It worked out in the end with BB having the last laugh, but I think that underperforming games don't need the additional dogpiling.

Jaffe would have had a reasonable tweet if he kept it at pointing out snarky commentary, but obviously went too far #TeamKyle

• @TheHashtag0nist On the other hand, no one or at least no one who doesn’t follow Jaffe on twitter heard about the game in maybe two years. Maybe he should be happy with any amount of PR. As sad as it is, but the only reason no other media outlet is shitting on the game is because nobody cares enough :( . If it wasn’t Jaffe there could be a reason to be this vile just for the additional PR. One time, when Randy Pitchword was promoting Battleborn at some press conference he looked really exhausted and then I feel just sad that he is unable to drop this project even if he might want to. Might be the same for Jaffe.

• The last time I heard of Drawn to Death, I stopped playing the beta and deleted it because it wasn't fun.

• Episode 8 is a bit good.

Stay weird Kyle Bosman.

• Wow.
    So I read all these comments about David Jaffe getting angry, and reading his tweets, before I watched that final episode.

I think I'm a little confused at what he got angry about. It wasn't exactly flattering, sure, but the way he made it sound in his tweets I was expecting Kyle to say "Drawn to Death Sucks!"

If there's more of Dear Bosman, I hope to see more of that ridiculous skit stuff ☺