Scariest Moments

• Michael Huber is getting the Allies to share their scariest moments in videotapes on Huber Sydrome, I'd like to get your views on your scariest moments in either games, films, books or have you ever had any paranormal experiences?

My earliest memory of a game scaring me was Doom 3, those floating demon heads seriously made me panick and shut the game off.

• For me, there was 1 moment in F.E.A.R. where you drop into a vent and waaaaay down in front of you, you can see the outline of Alma (the creepy little girl) she begins moving at you quickly, then basically teleports right into your face. Definitely got a jump out of me. Something about the way she advances is so unsettling. Game has some other cool oents and some of the best close quarters shooting in any game ever.

• Global Moderator

For me its hard to pick THE scariest moment, but got a few that made me very uneasy. I remember playing Halo 1 on PC by myself and the first time encountering the flood. Not really knowing what they were and with thier scary sounds and all. I really had panic the whole time running out of the building and so on.. yuck

• I don't play horror games (although Twilight Princess and The Last of Us — action-adventure games with horror elements — are among my favorites). Everything in first-person games, however, is terrifying. Turning around in a Skyrim cave to come face to face with a falmer is always heart-stopping (they're so quiet!).

Last night I was actually playing Dishonored (that game is way better than it has any right to be) without sound and I scared myself when I looked back at the screen and something I didn't immediately recognize was happening. I was also very tired, so that's to be considered.

• I don't play a lot of scary games (or like any, ever) but the Demonica fight in Stretch Panic is so unsettling to me. It's not even a fight really, it's just you in a room with all these doors and windows and you're trying to keep this monster out. All you can see are the movements of the monster in tiny holes in the wall and it's silhouette or that of a hanging girl in the stained glass windows when lightning strikes. Scared the ever living crap out of me as a kid and still creeps me out today.

• Games: I also don't play a lot of horror games, but when I was younger, my friends and I found a disc for Resident Evil just lying in the snow. We brought it back to one of our places and popped it in. The slow head turn of that first zombie is forever etched in my brain.

Movies: This Shining is my favorite movie of all time. I think a lot of the horror in that movie comes from the constantly building tension as opposed to individual scenes, but there are a few standouts. This is my personal pick for the scariest scene in that movie:

Side note - I watched this movie with my parents for the first time when I was around 14. It was a little too quiet at one point, so my dad (named Lloyd) got up to turn up the volume a bit more. At the exact moment he stood up, Jack Torrance looked directly at him and said, "Hi Lloyd... A little slow tonight isn't it?" Before laughing maniacally. My dad literally screamed. It was beautiful.

Books: There's a scene near the beginning of It where Bill looks through a photo album for pictures of his younger brother. Naturally, weird shit starts to happen. If you haven't read the book yet, I highly suggest you at least read up until that point. That whole scene is so good that it makes the rest of the book seem mediocre in comparison. I read It for the first time a couple years ago, and even though books don't scare me (ever), that scene kept me up at night.

• @Lotias said in Scariest Moments:

For me its hard to pick THE scariest moment, but got a few that made me very uneasy. I remember playing Halo 1 on PC by myself and the first time encountering the flood. Not really knowing what they were and with thier scary sounds and all. I really had panic the whole time running out of the building and so on.. yuck

Encountering enemies not knowing what they're capable of reminds me of the chainsaw wielding guy (Dr Salvador) from Resident Ebil 4, every time I heard the chainsaw after that sent me running for the hills / exit.

I was really hoping to read some real paranormal experiences.

Closest I came was going on a ghost walk in Nottingham, England.
    Things I remember;

• There were around 30 of us in total, We went in a group of 5 friends and didn't recognise anyone else.
    • There were 3 leading the group, 1 claimed she could see and was firms liar with multiple spirits there.
    • Not long after getting into the cave 1 of the girls in the group couldn't stop laughing and had to leave for a while (she didn't know why she was doing it)
    • 1 group of friends took a group picture early on, when looking at the image you could see what appeared to be a figure dressed in a black cloak sitting next to them.
    • One of my friends heard someone say "stop it" from beside her but there was no one there.
    • at the end of of the night we formed a line and were saying the Lord's Prayer, part of the group on the opposite end appeared /claimed to be pushed back.

I had no personal experiences, I remember being in pitch black room
    With a friend calling out for someone or anyone but got nothing tried ouwija board and table tipping but no results. Still not sure if they planted some people in there or if they were genuine.

• Silent Hill 2 is an absolute masterpiece and one of my favorite games of all time, yet when I think about the series, there's so many more moments from 3 that freak me out. Here's a few (gameplay is not my own):

And my personal favorite -

Of course, PT is also glorious for everything it does as well.

• I don't know if this necessarily qualifies but I'll give it a shot:

In Left 4 Dead 2, during the Hard Rain campaign, all veteran players know of the Sugar Mill. If you don't know the Sugar Mill, good. The place is FILLED with Witches, the game's toughest enemies. It was the most tense moment in gaming I've ever had. Outside of that, typical jump scares are probably the worst that I've played for myself. Just one of many examples is playing Gears of War on Insane and when Dom comes across my vision while hunting down one or two remaining Locust... I've cussed him out at length.

I don't play horror games or watch horror movies cuz I'm a wimp. With that said, I've watched Mr. Huber's streams of Resident Evil VII and that first one wasn't kind to me. Although, courtesy of it being archived I could freeze frame it and come to terms with the demo's ending.

@Lotias Yes. Yes to that. I quit Halo because of them. I got the original game because I only knew of the Covenant, not those Godforsaken parasites. I finished the first, but when I heard the second had them, I cold quit and it took YEARS for me to get back into the franchise. &%#$ the Flood. AND the Library.

• Global Moderator

@Brannox Yeah same here! I had NO idea that they would be in there. When I first encountered them I felt scared haha! they jump so high/far and made these horrible noices! and the library were a terrible level!

• Rise of the Tomb Raider has a pretty effective jump scare in its first level.

• @Lotias It's funny now, because going through that on Legendary after finding out the things you can do to bypass fights; was a weird feeling the first time I finished that.

• First jump scare would be Resident Evil (dog/window). But being truly scared would be Silent hill. My friends wouldn't play it so I had to play the whole thing while they watched. Many screams. (Cat/locker)!!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.