The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• @Haru17 I finished it and loved it, so I'm disappointed in myself. I also completely forgot Metal Gear Solid existed as a franchise when I made my list, but I get the feeling it'll still get represented pretty well here.

• @SabotageTheTruth I don't remember if I put Vesperia on my list. I probably forgot it, but it's definitely better than some of the 20-30 entries.

• @Haru17 Now you switched to "modern day" but in your 1st post you pointed at the JRPG part.
    But yes, I think Xenoblade Chronicles is superior to those 4 games.

• @Musou-Tensei The list shall decide superiority! Fairly certain Persona 3 and 4 will be making appearances at some point. I wouldn't want to let Nanako-chan down.

• @SabotageTheTruth This list has 0 impact on my personal tastes, as I said, I'm almost certain my #1 game will not be on it, it wouldn't even surprise me if most people here never played it, doesn't lessen my love for it in the slightest. My #2 though I expect at least in the top 50 as it's fairly well known and loved.

• My dark horse in this race will probably never make it either.

alt text

• @Brannox i loved kingdom hearts 2 its gameplay is leaps and bounds better then the original however the story kept it from being higher on my list the first had a much cleaner focused narrative

• @FF7Cloud I actually fondly look at the original more than II over time (Guess that shows one game higher on my list X-D ). For a while, I thought the sequel was better, but as time has gone on, I've found myself appreciating the original more and more.

• @Brannox that is excatly how i feel as well and the first is on my list too

• @Exist-2-Inspire said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

@TokyoSlim haha what did you expect? :D

Might just be the fact that this "top 100" is made up of combined top 30 lists. I think it's throwing my expectations as to what 100-80ish should look like. Glad one of my submissions showed up though.

DQVIII was my first and so far, favorite DQ game, and it's incredibly jolly.

• I feel so bad that I haven't played Xenoblade, I bought a long time ago, and tried it for less than 10 minutes, I wish I could make time for it :(.

• @bard91 you only need 80 to 120 hours

• @Musou-Tensei said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

@Haru17 Now you switched to "modern day" but in your 1st post you pointed at the JRPG part.

How disingenuous.

• Life is Strange
    Also on my todo list, I'm sure I will love it, there's just no time!

Dragon Quest VIII
    Never played any Dragon Quest game, but from what I hear this is the best one. I'm skipping Dragon Quest VII on 3DS because I can only take so much JRPG in one year, and FF XV will take priority. But I'm probably going to jump on DQ VIII when it releases next year.

Star Fox 64
    Only played it when it came out on 3DS, and I really wasn't impressed. It's ok, it's alright, it's simple fun, but it really didn't age well to be honest. It's still functional but there are so many much better games in the genre now. It was probably awesome at the time, but I don't see the appeal in this day and age. (And I feel the same about Star Fox Zero)

Xenoblade Chronicles
    Probably the best Wii game I haven't played :) But I played Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U and really enjoyed, despite some big flaws, so I suppose I should add that one to my bursting-at-the-seams backlog...

• Extremely happy that Xenoblade chronicles made the list, though I hoped it would be higher. One of the best plots in game that I've EVER seen and one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

• alt text
    87. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008) - 66 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #8 MCRMJ

Developer: Kojima Productions
    Publisher: Konami
    Genre: Action-adventure, stealth
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the fourth major game in the Metal Gear Solid series developed by Hideo Kojima. It ties up all of the loose plot points of the previous games while bringing back a number of characters from the earlier games in the series such as Colonel Campbell, Naomi Hunter, Otacon, Meryl Silverburgh, Mei Ling and many more. The game's main antagonist is Liquid Ocelot. Most of the story and the relationship is explained through cut-scenes with a considerable length. Due to the series extensive history, knowledge of the prior games is recommended to fully understand the story.

As the story begins Solid Snake, now looking like an old man due to accelerated aging, is being deployed in the Middle East on a mission to stop Liquid Ocelot. The game is set in 2014, five years after the Big Shell Incident of Metal Gear Solid 2. Liquid aims to take control of Sons of the Patriots, the nanomachine system used to enhance the capabilities of the mercenaries of different factions. By this he plans to assemble an army. The game is divided into five acts followed by an epilogue and a briefing. The various missions bring Old Snake to more than one location, including the Middle East, South America, Eastern Europe and few more that can surprise the players familiar with the franchise.

Other Votes: jipostus (24.), naltmank (17.), Divinity (9.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    86. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2008) - 67 Points - 5 Votes - Highest Vote: #4 MCRMJ

Developer: Konami
    Publisher: Konami
    Genre: Action-adventure, stealth
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3

In 2007, two years after the Shadow Moses incident, Solid Snake - now working for a freelance organization known as Philanthropy - infiltrates the oil tanker U.S.S. Discovery, investigating the development of a new Metal Gear-type weapon. A confrontation with a Russian military group as well as an old acquaintance from Snake's past adventure leads to a massive detonation, after which Snake is presumed dead.

Fast-forward to the year 2009: the player takes control of Raiden, a rookie agent operating under the order of the Colonel, apparently member of a reformed Foxhound unit. His initial assignment is to infiltrate the offshore clean-up facility Big Shell and rescue the President of the United States of America, who was kidnapped by members of a terrorist organization known as Sons of Liberty. However, the matters become increasingly complicated as almost everyone Raiden communicates with appears to have a hidden agenda, and it is hard to tell a friend from foe...

Other Votes: DeweyDecibel (24.), Tearju Engi (22.), Bard91 (28.), Lotias (10.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Global Moderator

My favourite video game series of all time but I already had too many MGS games on my Top 30. I couldn't include MGS2.

At the time, I was a huge fanboy and I'd defend any MGS anyday. MGS4 was the greatest thing of all time when it came out to me. But now that I'm older and wiser (maybe not the latter) I can definitely see that 4 had a lot of issues and was way too far on the fan service side. It's biggest crime being it had awful bosses in both personality and fights. Crazy for an MGS game. That said I did go back and play it before MGSV and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

MGS2 on the other hand is fantastic. This might be the game I've completed most (if not it's SMB3) on every difficulty, collecting every dog tag, every secret item. MGS2 was just a playground. The amount of different ways you can tackle a situation and what you were able to do. Sure the story can go over your head and is full of nonsense but it still has does awesome moments, twists and fights that an MGS game has. It was so close to getting on my list.

• Global Moderator

@Exist-2-Inspire said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

the MGS games are amazing! I decided to keep 1 game per series in my list. I am PRETTY sure I put Sons of liberty on my list! so you might have to look at the scoring again - sorry.

The story is lovely because it is so ridiculous at times. Spies, double spies and triple spies, and la-li-lu-le-lo <3

• @Lotias Oh yeah sorry misread it, it was not BlazingBahamut but you with the 10th place!

• Back to back MGS games? This continues with the surprises! For a time, I thought about getting into the series, but after a lot of thought, I decided against it. Now I'm expecting 1 and 3 to be much higher.