The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• Global Moderator

67. TimeSplitters 2
    SO glad this made the list! I remember playing this a lot growing up and it really left an impact on me! awesome multiplayer worth playing even today.

66. Bioshock Infinite
    Second Bioshock game I played. Even if it got a bit dragged out in the middle it left so many memories with me. I spent like an hour in the first 10 minutes of the game and the ending were a real "mindf*ck" for me. It got fun references and solid gameplay.. also the best companion in a game ever? I still listen to the soundtrack now and then <3

• I can't speak to TimeSplitters 2, but Bioshock: Infinite is a game I have mixed feelings on. To start, I have only played it once, and I enjoyed it, to some extent. I have from time to time thought it would be good to have a second go at it, but I never really got fully behind the idea. Its a fun game, with the combat arenas really alive with open areas that are accentuated with the rails for speedy traversal and the story is interesting. I think what ultimately has me stopped from replaying is the story. Because I know the twist, I need to go back and see what was always staring me in the face, but the back half of the game was.... I'm going to call it a headache. Also, a BIG shoutout to "By and By." Love that song.

• I don't really like Infinite, it was fine, but it got boring, and I feel like the most interesting things about the game were very underdeveloped.

Timesplitters on the other hand, I'm very surprised to see here, I know next to nothing about them, so I have to wonder how they hold up today, to see if I should give them a shot.

• Bioshock infinite was for me one of those games that somehow got save file corrupted (or something, idk) and I would have to start all over again. Don't like it that much, but it was fun while it lasted.

• Global Moderator

@bard91 It'd be tough to go back to now really as it's the multiplayer that made it. Although I did like the challenges and SP stuff too.

That said there is some people working on remastering the games (with the blessing of the publisher I believe) - http://www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/

So here's hoping.

• Glad to see Mario Kart make the list!

I really enjoyed Bioshock Infinite.. but it didn't quite make my list. I'm curious to see where the first game ends up

• 67. TimeSplitters 2
    Great FPS, I have it on GC.

66. Bioshock Infinite
    Don't have it, never played it, don't really care to do so.

• Uuh, Bioshock Infinite, my second game here now. I didn't put it that high, but it did make my list, nevertheless. A really wonderful world and interesting characters, and the plot itself tickled my curiosity from beginning to the end. The DLC tying EVERYTHING Bioshock together was also really rewarding.

The trailer was also spectacular. "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt.", and then Nico Vega's "Beast of America" starts playing. So good.

• Just thought I'd say good job everyone. This is an awesome list so far. It's great to see a TimeSplitters game in there too!

• alt text
    65. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000) - 83 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 BlazingBahamut, Axel

Developer: BioWare
    Publisher: Black Isle Studios
    Genre: RPG
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux

Some time after the events described in Baldur's Gate, the protagonist and his friends Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira have been captured by an elven mage called Jon Irenicus. His intentions and connection to the heroes unknown, Irenicus conducts experiments on them, holding them in cages somewhere in his vast underground complex. During his absence, the heroes manage to escape, and soon find themselves in the city of Athkatla in the country of Amn, where they confront Irenicus. However, at that moment several wizards arrive and arrest both Irenicus and Imoen for unlicensed use of magic. The first task at hand is to raise the money needed to rescue Imoen, before facing Irenicus again and unraveling his true goals.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is a party-based role-playing game using the AD&D rules. The basic gameplay is similar to that of its predecessor: the player navigates a party of up to six active combatants over isometric environments, conversing with non-playable characters using branching dialogue, and fighting enemies in real-time, free-movement combat that can be paused to issue specific orders to the characters. World traveling now occurs by selecting locations on a map rather than exploring wilderness areas to reach the destination. However, the game world is larger than in the previous game, with more individual locations to visit and side quests to perform.

Other Votes: NCartwright15 (6.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    64. Ōkami (2002) - 85 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #3 Ringedwithtile

Developer: Clover Studio
    Publisher: Capcom
    Genre: Action Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii

From Capcom's Clover studios, the team behind Viewtiful Joe 2, comes a 3-D cell shaded action adventure in the world of feudal Japan. Ōkami tells the tale of a wolf-goddess named Amaterasu who must prevent an evil being known as Orochi from taking over the beautiful world of feudal Japan. Ōkami takes the already well established cell shading technique and turns it into a traditional Hokusai-style Japanese woodblock print visual.

To give the player a sense of being in a painting, Amaterasu is given a paint brush in which the player can cut enemies down with, create bridges or wind, and restore the forest to its natural beauty. With each defeated enemy, color returns and the natural life force slowly regenerates. While playing, players call up a canvas where they can draw with the celestial brush. New abilities and techniques are acquired as you progress. Ōkami is filled with large worlds and dungeons to explore on your quest to restore the lush trees and wildlife to their former glory. Many monsters and large epic boss battles come between Amaterasu and her goal. To fulfill her objective there will be many people along the way that will help her if she helps them.

Other Votes: BlazingBahamut (19.), Inustar (9.), Haru17 (8.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Another two games I can't speak to (I think this may be more common the higher we go, but we'll see). I'm not a PC gamer so I have no thoughts on Baulder's Gate II. As far as Okami, my only knowledge of it is I used it as an example of how games are, in fact, art in my History thesis. That thing earned my undergrad degree.

• Bioshock Infinite made the list? I wholly expected that to be shunned because it's super hip to hate the game, but that's a reminder this gaming community does things (thankfully) different. I literally have a copy of Okami sitting next to my TV, I should actually play it one of these days.

• What I hope the most is that for Christmas, EZA crew would make this list into a video, and Brandon would read this list out loud with that amazing voice that he has.

• @jipostus Haha let him know! :D

• Global Moderator

I'm so happy Okami made the list. I was debating for ages how I could fit that and Catherine in my list but just couldn't make room for it.

It's a bit of a slog initially (like all long games apparently) but damn is it charming, colourful and fun. It was always so cool to see the world explode in colour.

• Okami! Daaamn, I didn't include it, totally forgot. Super happy to see it getting some recognition here. I finally played it on PS3 on spring '13, I believe it was, all the way to the platinum trophy. Really an excellent game, "PlayStation's Zelda", I've heard people saying. And so pretty! So pretty.

• @jipostus @Exist-2-Inspire I submitted that as my Love and Respect topic this week because I thought since my questions and games don't get taken, I was hoping a quick shout-out at the end of the segment would work. But he's not going to be on the podcast, so hopefully another Ally will let him know.

• @naltmank said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

In which @Inustar says "fuck the haters" and follows his heart. I respect it. I personally loved Mass Effect 3, even with its ending. I just thought 2 was better, and since the whole series is so closely related, I only wanted to put one from the franchise on my list.

First off "her heart"

Secondly, man this was one of the hardest decisions I made on this list. I do really think that ME 2 is a better game but 3 was the one I actually played first. It's the one that made me fall in love with the series. It also had simpler combat which was better for someone like me who sucks at shooting.
    What really placed it that high though was the Citadel DLC. It's a perfect end to the series. I loved getting to party with everyone.

• 65. Baldur's Gate II
    Never played.

64. Ōkami
    Amazing Zelda inspired action adventures, one of several masterpieces by Hideki Kamiya.

• the latest 4 games i have no opinion on as ive never played them but if people think this highly of them maybe i shall