The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• What I hope the most is that for Christmas, EZA crew would make this list into a video, and Brandon would read this list out loud with that amazing voice that he has.

• @jipostus Haha let him know! :D

• I'm so happy Okami made the list. I was debating for ages how I could fit that and Catherine in my list but just couldn't make room for it.

It's a bit of a slog initially (like all long games apparently) but damn is it charming, colourful and fun. It was always so cool to see the world explode in colour.

• Okami! Daaamn, I didn't include it, totally forgot. Super happy to see it getting some recognition here. I finally played it on PS3 on spring '13, I believe it was, all the way to the platinum trophy. Really an excellent game, "PlayStation's Zelda", I've heard people saying. And so pretty! So pretty.

• @jipostus @Exist-2-Inspire I submitted that as my Love and Respect topic this week because I thought since my questions and games don't get taken, I was hoping a quick shout-out at the end of the segment would work. But he's not going to be on the podcast, so hopefully another Ally will let him know.

• @naltmank said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

In which @Inustar says "fuck the haters" and follows his heart. I respect it. I personally loved Mass Effect 3, even with its ending. I just thought 2 was better, and since the whole series is so closely related, I only wanted to put one from the franchise on my list.

First off "her heart"

Secondly, man this was one of the hardest decisions I made on this list. I do really think that ME 2 is a better game but 3 was the one I actually played first. It's the one that made me fall in love with the series. It also had simpler combat which was better for someone like me who sucks at shooting.
    What really placed it that high though was the Citadel DLC. It's a perfect end to the series. I loved getting to party with everyone.

• 65. Baldur's Gate II
    Never played.

64. Ōkami
    Amazing Zelda inspired action adventures, one of several masterpieces by Hideki Kamiya.

• the latest 4 games i have no opinion on as ive never played them but if people think this highly of them maybe i shall

• Okami and Katamari! So happy to see two of my personal favorites on the list.

• @tokeeffe9 Such good memories with Virus. Hospital with shotguns only was amazing.

• @Exist-2-Inspire I just thought of an idea, but if it's too much work, then please disregard: Once the full list is out, instead or, or in addition to, posting a list of games that didn't make the cut, do you think it would be a good idea to hyperlink all of our names with our lists so we can look at each others to see who ordered what? I was looking at my list and it occurred to me how razor thin my middle 15 or 16 were and was wondering if everyone else had as tough a time as I did. If it is too much, again, don't worry about it. Thanks again for putting this together!

• Okami is a good call. I didn't spend a lot of time playing it, but I'm always for media that doesn't make a total mockery of Japanese mythology.

• @Brannox after my top 15-20 things got really hard

• @FF7Cloud For me, I came up with about 27 or 28 I had to think a while to come up with the remainder. This isn't to say I only like the 30, its just I wondered what I felt should be deserving of my personal 30. It was easy to order the first 6 or 7 and finish out the last 5 or 6. It was the middle that was the nightmare.

• @BlazingBahamut @NCartwright15 High-five!

I'm surprised Baldur's Gate II didn't get more votes, is it a case of it being forgotten, or not many Allies being PC players (I'm not really one myself)? This makes me worried for the rest of my list haha, I thought this one was going to be an easy Top 50 at the very least. :)

Anyway, I just posted this in another thread, but I'll put it back here to explain my choice:

Just thinking I played this entire trilogy (I'm counting Throne of Bhaal as a third game essentially) over the span of several years, traveled to so many places, met so many characters, fought so many battles... That was without a doubt the biggest adventure I've had in gaming.
    But the one thing that makes it stand out even more is that as I grew up playing this series, my role-playing evolved too. I started out as a goody-two-shoes paladin, always picking the good option because I like to see myself as a good person. Ah, the innocence of youth.
    And as I progressed through those games over the years, I found myself responding a lot more cynically to NPCs, accepting a lot less bullshit from them, etc. To the point where I was still a "good guy", but not a carpet anymore. So just like in any good story, my character followed an arc and was changed by the end of it. But it wasn't my character, it was me. Realizing this in retrospect made a huge impression.
    And I honestly don't think there's ever going to be another game that impactful in my life.

• I've always wanted to play Okami, what would you say is the definitive version to play it today?

• The HD version on PS3 is the absolute best way to play Okami. There's a case to be made about the Wii versions controls, but after playing all three versions I enjoyed HD the most. But I will say that the game is beautiful and a joy to play regardless of the version.

• Maybe I should have considered Okami for my list, I got the first 15 fairly easily, but in the bottom of the list I have some dubious choices, I just didn't want to spend a lot of time on it, but Okami may have been a better choice than some of the other games on my list.

• I've gotten through the first few areas in Okami (Wii version), and it's not bad. Looks and sounds great, fantastic atmosphere, but though it tries to be deep with all kinds of moves, items, and levelling, the enemies are as dumb as a bag of hammers, making each battle play very similar, and between battles, the amount of hunting around for collectables and secrets is tedious. The Wii controls work well the majority of the time, but the battle camera is a pain to deal with, and the Celestial Brush demands a bit too much precision.

• Okami's a great, 10/10 Zelda game. It's not better than Twilight Princess, but it is miles above The Wind Waker. So... eff the rest of the list ;)