The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• Bonus Drop:

alt text
    19. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (2016) - 173 Points - 8 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 Alex840, jsackel

Developer: Naughty Dog
    Publisher: Naughty Dog
    Genre: Action Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

A Thief's End continues the story several years after Nathan's last adventure and 15 years after his brother's death. Nathan Drake, once a treasure hunter, is now retired, living a quiet life and married to Elena, a girl he met on one of his adventures. Trying hard to stay off course of anything that would pull him back into the world of danger and adventure, he yields after his brother, whom he thought was dead, appears in his office and asks him for help. The story centers around the search for yet another hidden treasure, a 400 million dollar worth of treasure, which Nate and Sam tried to find in their younger days but leads they had just didn't pan out. This time, they need to get back on the trail of the treasure as Sam's life depends on it. All the while competing to the same goal with their ex-partner, Rafe, who teamed up with Nadine Ross, the leader of a mercenary outfit known as Shoreline.

The gameplay style and chapter-based singleplayer story presentation follows the path of its predecessors, with some additional features such as grappling hook which allows Nathan to climb, rappel, or swing across a chasm, and even combine that to take out enemy soldiers. Any tall grass can be used to hide and take out nearby mercenaries in a stealth manner. During cutscenes, Nate is sometimes given an option how to reply which does not affect the overall story but changed the conversation path or the outcome of a given even scene. In this game, a big emphasis is given to vehicles such as boats or cars, which can be driven around and even used to take out enemies blocking your way or pursuing you. During regular cover based combat, you can now mark enemy combatants to remain visible even when behind cover.

Other Votes: Brannox (3.), Divinity (6.), TechnoRage1127 (21.), Sentinel Beach (4.), Axel (27.), tokeffee9 (10.),

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• best uncharted!!!!

• HERE it is. Uncharted 4 is easily the best Uncharted for me because it is the culmination of a series worth of character development. The best looking game I've played to date, bar none. The conversations and game design are top notch and the performances are their absolute best.

For those that have played the game will understand this: Chapter 4 and the Epilouge are my favorite moments, hands down. The details, conversations, the callbacks, all expertly crafted and done so naturally. And shout out to the Easter Egg in both sections!

Also personal preference: Every time Elena was on screen, the conversations were the most powerful in meaning, if not always in tone. What's so great about this entry is it's the one with least amount of combat and in my opinion, the best treasure to go after (Pirate treasure > Shambala > El Dorado > Iram of the Pillars).

I love this game (as evidence by me placing it third) and I couldn't believe it beat out the Last of Us (PLEASE show up on this list) for my favorite Naughty Dog game.

@Alex840, @jsackel, @Divinity, @TechnoRage1127, @Sentinel-Beach, @Axel, @tokeeffe9 I salute you all for believing in, and loving (or at the least liking) this year's best PS4 game, and potentially GOTY (It is for me).

• Uncharted 4 really is an incredible game. The only reason I picked 2 over it was because of its impact on me as a gamer.. so although 4 may be a better game 2 still has that edge for me personally.

There are a lot of big games showing up. The top 20 and 10 should be pretty interesting since we're seeing a lot of potential candidates place lower on the list

• Global Moderator

21. Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
    I put Gen 2 on my list, but I doubt it will come up now as we are so close to the finish! I also think the winner should get an extra big post about its history etc - as it truly will be special.

Pokémon are one of those series that entered my life with a BANG. Even though I don't follow it as cloesly as I used to, I still now and then go back and watch an episode or two of the anime as well as play the older games. I am currently about to finish of Fire Red haha. I have a few favourite pokemons from this gen and I remember getting talked into buying Red and a gameboy by my brother and didnt look back at it since. Playing it in the car all the way to grandmas (5 hours) and driving dad crazy with the lights in the back of the car. Collecting monsters became something special for me. Fighting my rivals and just exploring this world. Even if it was black and white and my english wasnt the best at the time (still arent, lol) I felt so immersed into this world. I dont know how many hours I had spent when I first finished it, but I felt so so happy when I was the strongest trainer in that world.

19. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
    I am stoked about this game... I still have to take on part 3 and finish it before I sink my teeth into this - but I am looking forward to it (even though what I said about part 2 might seem a little offputting).

• I'm super pumped to see Super Mario Galaxy on the top 20! If I had made a list, it would have been in my top 10 for sure.

• Uncharted 4. Yes please. It proved to be the best in the series, and also serves as a perfect farewell for Nate and Elena (and Sully). Could not have ended in a more appropriate way, got me emotional there. The way the game took everything we'd seen and went through during the first three adventures and managed to utilize it all in molding this pirate treasure hunt was just wow. The writing, the characters (and performances), the action, the milieus. Stunning, all of them. My favourite game series.

• correction: Uncharted 4 did not come out on Playstation 3

alt text
    18. Red Dead Redemption (2010) - 178 Points - 11 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 Tokyo Slim

Developer: Rockstar
    Publisher: Rockstar
    Genre: Action Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Red Dead Redemption is a free-roaming western game and the spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver. The game is set in 1911, where players take control of John Marston; an outlaw who is forced to turn on his peers when federal agents threaten his family. He is sent to the American frontier to capture his former gang members, especially the notorious leader Bill Williamson.

In the open world, the player is free to pursue to the storyline or to partake in the various events that occur while exploring the West; similar in overall design to Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series. Horses are the main means of transportation, and the player can whistle for their mount at any time. Players can also visit towns, talk to other characters, and join or intervene in events such as public hangings, ambushes and robberies. Many of these are random, including dangerous animal attacks and bandit ambushes. Other activities include hunting, gambling, duels and standoffs, with guns as the main weapon. Based on the player's decisions, two morality systems (honor and fame) influence on how the environment and other characters react to Marston. Marston can shoot while riding a horse and capture people by lasso, combined with a cover system with specific targeting or wildfire. In the recharging Dead Eye targeting mode time is slowed down to target different enemies in specific locations, and then execute the shots in rapid succession. The player can also set up camps anywhere in the world to fast travel to known locations or save their game.

Other Votes: DeweyDecibel (6.), Churchy (20.), Demmue (20.), Dogtype (29.), Sentinel Beach (6.), benoit489 (10.), TechnoRage1127 (17.), naltmank (18.), Alex840 (5.), Exist 2 Inspire (30.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• RDR, baby! This was a no-brainer in the top 20 of this list, I assumed, and it did it. And 11 different voters ain't bad.

alt text
    17. Bloodborne (2015) - 189 Points - 11 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 Karu, Dogtype

Developer: FromSoftware
    Publisher: SCE
    Genre: Action Adventure/Role-Playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Bloodborne is an action RPG that builds on the mechanics of the developer's earlier games Demon's Souls and the Dark Souls series. This title has Gothic and Victorian influences and it is set in the fantasy city Yharnam. The player's character is one of the many travelers who go there to seek a cure for their ailments. The character creation process is a contract ledger at a clinic prior to a blood transfusion with the remedy. When the character wakes up it is discovered the entire city is overrun by an illness that has transformed the citizens into violent creatures. The character gets to explore the city in a non-linear way, meeting various inhabitants and defeating monsters to survive.

At the start a custom character can be created by defining a name, age, gender, origin and appearance. The starting statistics are a general starting level, starting blood echoes (the main currency), discovery (loot drop frequency), vitality, endurance, strength, skill, bloodtinge and arcane. The latter three influence who damages scales for certain builds. Origin replaces a general class system with different values for the statistics and a short back story. The available origins are Milquetoast, Lone Survivor, Troubled Childhood, Violent Past, Professional, Military Veteran, Noble Scion, Cruel Fate and Waste of Skin. Early on in the game Hunter's Dream is discovered, a location in another realm that acts as a central hub similar to The Nexus in Demon's Souls. It is possible to warp there from the main game world after locating lamps. These lamps replace the bonfires of the previous games and it is still only possible to save at those locations. The hub has different messengers to buy and sell items, a workshop to upgrade and repair weapons, a storage for inventory management and a memory altar (through Caryll Runes). Through the Headstones of Awakening it is possible to warp to different parts of the world and Ritual Altars to access the Chalice Dungeons. These dungeons are randomly generated dungeons away from the main city players can explore. Layouts can also be shared or be found online. The two main characters in Hunter's Dream are the wheelchair-bound Gehrman who provides advice and the life-size doll called Doll who helps leveling up. Next to the hub world it has the interconnect world known from the Dark Souls games.

Other Votes: jsackel (26.), Alex840 (23.), Churchy (6.), tokeffee9 (3.), DanteThePyro (10.), blakynt (30.), Browarr (17.), Faaip (4.), FF7Cloud (30.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Two good games that I haven't had a chance to play a lot, so well deserved I think, what is exciting is that we are reaching the 200s in points.

• RDR is next on my list of games to pick up!

Ah I'm not sure if Bloodborne deserved a spot in my top 5.. It completely blew me away and I loved every bit of it, but I played it far too recently to compare it objectively I think. Oh well!

• Yes. Red Dead Redemption and Bloodborne are in this top 20 and my own top 20. Fly my pretties! FLY!!!

• Global Moderator

I honestly thought Bloodborne would be in the Top 10. Either way, it's my favourite of the souls type games so far (even though it is a toss up at times between it and Dark Souls 1).

The thing that I love about it so much is just how tight the game is. Some might take that as a negative but I love how claustrophobic Yharnam, how intricate the areas are to each other, the design and just how intense the game is. The score is absolutely fantastic too and it easily has some of my most memorable boss fights (including the old hunters too)

The speed of the combat and the new risk and reward mechanics of the game are just the thing that really make it so special to me. I've played it countless times and still absolutely adore it.

It has flaws for sure, covenants weren't as well fleshed out and the Chalice dungeons while enjoyable, definitely lose their appeal after you've gone through them a few times. Try to improve those things in BB2 and I'm all in!

• Now we're getting into double digit vote category! Both of these games I don't like for very different reasons. I've already gone on record elsewhere about watching Red Dead Revisited to see what RDR is all about. Not my kind of game. As for Bloodborne, and any Souls game for that matter, I don't care for either in pretty much every respect. Not shocked that either are where they are.

• Yeeaah Bloodborne! So happy it made Top 20; it easily became one of my faves. Here's hoping that Bloodborne 2 happens!

alt text
    16. Super Mario World (1990) - 194 Points - 12 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 MiserablePerson

Developer: Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Jump N' Run
    Platform(s): SNES, GameBoy Advance

Mario is having a vacation in Dinosaur Land when he learns that Princess Peach Toadstool has been kidnapped by the evil King Koopa Bowser. When Mario starts searching for her he finds a giant egg with a dinosaur named Yoshi hatching out of it. Yoshi tells Mario that his fellow dinosaurs have been imprisoned in eggs by Bowser's underlings. The intrepid plumber has to travel to their castles, rescue the dinosaurs, and eventually face King Koopa himself, forcing him to release the princess.

Super Mario World is a jump-and-run platformer and a follow-up to Super Mario Bros. 3. The gameplay is similar to previous installments and includes fast-paced platforming in (mostly) side-view stages populated by various enemies and traps, which must be completed within time limits. Mario has access to his traditional power-ups — the Super Mushroom that makes him bigger, the Fire Flower that allows him to throw little fireballs at enemies, and others. A new power-up is the Cape Feather: when wearing the cape, Mario can spin to hurt enemies, and fly as long as the player is able to sustain his balance in the air. Another new feature is the possibility to ride the dinosaur Yoshi, who can eat enemies and gain special attacks from some of them. In order to unlock certain areas it is sometimes necessary to physically pick up and carry items (e.g. keys) and use them in appropriate places.

Other Votes: DeweyDecibel (29.), Pyro (26.), Dogtype (18.), blakynt (29.), NCartwright15 (2.), TechnoRage1127 (2.), naltmank (6.), Musou Tensei (16.), FF7Cloud (27.), Billy (18.), Exist 2 Inspire (5.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Global Moderator

Incredibly I only played Super Mario World for the first time (and beat it) a few weeks ago. I'd always assumed I'd played it as whenever someone brought up Mario, I always thought about Super Mario Bros 3.

But then the more I heard about it, the more I questioned if I ever played this. Just to add, I had a SNES and All Stars. That was back in the time of no internet etc so incredibly I never played Super Metroid, SMW, Chrono Trigger or A Link to the Past during my childhood (All rectified now).

So I come to this game with fresh memories and I really loved it. It's absolutely a fantastic game, has some wonderful levels and improvements over SMB3 but for me also has a few things I dislike about it. Overall though I'm glad I actually played it and it's awesome to see it so high.

Now... Bring on Super Mario Bros 3!