The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• I'm bummed that the only racing games we've gotten are kart racers, and that there probably won't be anymore at this point.

• I can't speak about either of today's entries, but I do have a thought related to FF IX: I love seeing the overall jolly vibes I read when any Final Fantasy makes the list. While we all have our favorites and we may disagree about particular entries, I'm emboldened to say: Final Fantasy just rules. Period. As a series, there is something for everyone and I'm so stoked a lot of different entries are getting represented. I mean, comparing it others, there may only be very few rivals like Mario and Zelda (hmmmm.... This gives me an idea :smiling_imp: )

Everytime I check back in on this thread, it puts me in such a good mood. Love and Respect fellow Allies!

• Global Moderator

@Oscillator Don't get me started. No Burnout on the list!! Also really surprised we probably won't see an SSX either :(

• I didn't vote for it, but definitively a well deserved spot for MGS 3.

• When I think that Snake Eater is the second best in the series, it's a fucking good series. Although I just about tip the original Metal Gear Solid over Snake Eater overall, Snake Eater features some of the best innovations and ideas you'll ever find in video games. It's an incredible game and I'm so glad it's seriously high up.

But I have a feeling Metal Gear Solid will be even higher.

• Yeah! MGS3 is so fucking good!

• Never playing MGS3 is a mark of shame for me... How's the 3DS port?

• Global Moderator

@naltmank I've no idea but I can only imagine it'd be a struggle on that device. As someone who's completed the game countless times, it was a bit harder on Vita but I'd put that ahead of the 3DS version.

Try and get the HD collection if you can.

• @naltmank it wouldnt be too bad on a new 3ds on the original 3ds it uses the shoulder buttons for camera control

alt text
    13. Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (1999) - 221 Points - 12 Votes - Highest Vote: #4 naltmank

Developer: Game Freak
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: RPG
    Platform(s): GameBoy Color

Pokémon Gold takes place several years after Red, Blue and Yellow, and puts the user into a brand new world, Johto. The gameplay is very similar to the previous games, but with several improvements. These include new functions for the player's PokéGear, a Pokédex that can now be sorted by evolution type, and, of course, new Pokémon. Once again, the objective of the game is to become the champion trainer, and try to complete the Pokédex. To become the champion, the player battles Gym Leaders to obtain various badges. Completing the Pokédex requires a different set of actions, and involves capturing wild Pokémon, battling various trainers to obtain money, and trading Pokémon with NPC's and other owners of Pokémon games.

Other Votes: DeweyDecibel (8.), Alex840 (17.), NCartwright (19.), tokeffee9 (8.), DanteThePyro (15.), SabotageTheTruth (20.), Lotias (6.), Karu (21.), Demmue (26.), BlazingBahamut (5.) , FF7Cloud (12.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• yay gen 2 best generation of pokemon i got Chrystal man that game was awsome.

• And people thought Gen 2 was going to get left off. Doubters. :smirk:

Anyway, it's good to see it here! Yes, it does so many things improved over the original games, but I prefer R/B over G/S. But they're all good games and games that make up the bulk of my child hood.

As odd as it is (because it would be cooler to say with a top 10), I'm going to predict IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER what games are remaining: I'm most likely wrong, but here is what I'm thinking will be the top EZA games (I'm confident in 9)

Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Last of Us
    Dark Souls (Dark Horse Prediction)
    GTA IV (Dark Horse Prediction)
    Super Mario 64
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    DOOM II (Dark Horse Prediction)
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 2
    Mass Effect 2

• @Brannox said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

As odd as it is (because it would be cooler to say with a top 10), I'm going to predict IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER what games are remaining: I'm most likely wrong, but here is what I'm thinking will be the top EZA games (I'm confident in 9)

Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Last of Us
    Dark Souls
    Super Mario 64
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Resident Evil 4
    Mass Effect 2

I think you're right about these. I'd add Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, and something else that I'm probably overlooking.

You might be right about GTA, but I'd guess San Andreas over IV.

• I'm surprised we haven't seen the original Super Mario Bros. yet!

• @Faaip There hasn't been a single NES game...

• @Brannox Mostly solid predictions, but you've forgotten The Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus. I also wouldn't count the original Super Mario Bros. out of it!

• This post is deleted!

• @Ringedwithtile My god you're right! No Contra, Megaman, Castlevania, Duck Hunt???

• Woah! Gen 2 ahead of Gen 1! Very interesting!

IMO, Gen 1's creature designs and campaign layout were superior, but Gen 2 has better music and atmosphere. I left Gen 2 off my list, but not for lack of quality, just personal preference.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• @Brannox Don't forget about Persona 4