The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• yay gen 2 best generation of pokemon i got Chrystal man that game was awsome.

• And people thought Gen 2 was going to get left off. Doubters. :smirk:

Anyway, it's good to see it here! Yes, it does so many things improved over the original games, but I prefer R/B over G/S. But they're all good games and games that make up the bulk of my child hood.

As odd as it is (because it would be cooler to say with a top 10), I'm going to predict IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER what games are remaining: I'm most likely wrong, but here is what I'm thinking will be the top EZA games (I'm confident in 9)

Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Last of Us
    Dark Souls (Dark Horse Prediction)
    GTA IV (Dark Horse Prediction)
    Super Mario 64
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    DOOM II (Dark Horse Prediction)
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 2
    Mass Effect 2

• @Brannox said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

As odd as it is (because it would be cooler to say with a top 10), I'm going to predict IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER what games are remaining: I'm most likely wrong, but here is what I'm thinking will be the top EZA games (I'm confident in 9)

Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Last of Us
    Dark Souls
    Super Mario 64
    Resident Evil 4
    Mass Effect 2

I think you're right about these. I'd add Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, and something else that I'm probably overlooking.

You might be right about GTA, but I'd guess San Andreas over IV.

• I'm surprised we haven't seen the original Super Mario Bros. yet!

• @Faaip There hasn't been a single NES game...

• @Brannox Mostly solid predictions, but you've forgotten The Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus. I also wouldn't count the original Super Mario Bros. out of it!

• This post is deleted!

• @Ringedwithtile My god you're right! No Contra, Megaman, Castlevania, Duck Hunt???

• Woah! Gen 2 ahead of Gen 1! Very interesting!

IMO, Gen 1's creature designs and campaign layout were superior, but Gen 2 has better music and atmosphere. I left Gen 2 off my list, but not for lack of quality, just personal preference.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• @Brannox Don't forget about Persona 4

• @DeweyDecibel @Ringedwithtile Your right about Chrono Trigger, Original Super Mario Bros., and SotC. It'll replace DOOM II, Resident Evil 2, and GTA. As far as The Witcher, I don't think it will have garnered enough, but in no way am I going to be surprised to see it. What I did for my predictions was look at the list and you'll notice most of them already have an entry represented. I didn't think of Chrono, nor Shadow because I didn't play the former and I can't stand the latter (and typically you don't think of things, initially at least, that you don't like).

@bard91 I do because it may, MAY, be to niche to place so high. Anything can happen, so it could place top 3, the very next entry, or not at all. IF Personal 4 doesn't place, it'll be an eye-opener. It's hard to predict because there are so many great games. To me, it's like a FF VIII situation: Not many votes, but the votes it does get, places it extremely high.

SO: After taking feedback this list feels more right:

Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Last of Us
    Dark Souls
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario 64
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Mario Bros.
    Mass Effect 2

Now that I've done this, several actually won't place. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love this thread.

• 15. Final Fantasy IX
    Okay... why isn't this on my list you might ask, well, you see, as a normie uropeen child that never imported something nor did knew about most non-PAL games, the 1st contact with FF was VII since it was the 1st one ever brought to europe (not counting Final Fantasy Adventure which is called Mystic Quest here and has nothing to do with FF anyway). After that came VIII which i also played. What have these 2 in common? They play in technolized worlds. My brother bought FFIX and when I wanted to play it I was appalled by the medival theme of it and I also didn't like the character design being more unrealistic (I was a weird child). Long story short I quit the game after the 1st fight and never played it again. I do own a copy nowadays but I havn't got around to play it, dunno if I ever will, a PS4 re-release with comfort options like FFVII got would make the decision easier for me.

14. Metal Gear Solid 3
    Never played.

13. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Great Pokemon game which lead to disappointment in the 3rd gen that unlike Gen 2 doesn't let's you visits at least Johto, that was one hell of a post game, going back to Kanto was fantastic and unexpected.

I expect my #2 game to appear in the top 10 but most probably nothing else from my top 10.

• @Brannox I really really really doubt that it wouldn't appear, given that P3 is in, and P4 is the most well known one, and usually the one that gets the most recognition. Besides even if Persona can be considered niche I'd hardly say that it can be considered niche in the context of this forum.

And if for some reason it does happen to not appear then you can expect a veritable shitstorm from part.

• Witcher 3 will definitely come up on the list.

• No matter what happens, my excitement is at an all time high!!!!!! Every game that makes it, deserves it. :thumbsup:

• Oh I just wanted to add the real boxart for 2nd gen Pokemon!

alt text

This game is the only reason I had a gameboy colour. It's just such an incredible game.

And this year I plan on getting Pokemon Sun, the first pokemon game I've played since Silver!

• the games i expect to appear in no particular order

Final fantasy 7
    ocarina of time
    persona 4
    dark souls
    Mario 64
    Mario 3
    San Andres
    chrono trigger
    and my dark horse hope legend of dragoon

• Hell yes, Gen 2!!! Probably my favorite games of all time (definitely have played Silver more than any other game), but I am capable of saying that they're not the best of all time (hence why I put them at #4). Still got some big guns left in the tank. Can't wait to see if they make it!

• @FF7Cloud I voted for 5 of those.

• While not voting for 2nd gen of pokemon games, I still appreciate them. Good times.