The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• 15. Final Fantasy IX
    Okay... why isn't this on my list you might ask, well, you see, as a normie uropeen child that never imported something nor did knew about most non-PAL games, the 1st contact with FF was VII since it was the 1st one ever brought to europe (not counting Final Fantasy Adventure which is called Mystic Quest here and has nothing to do with FF anyway). After that came VIII which i also played. What have these 2 in common? They play in technolized worlds. My brother bought FFIX and when I wanted to play it I was appalled by the medival theme of it and I also didn't like the character design being more unrealistic (I was a weird child). Long story short I quit the game after the 1st fight and never played it again. I do own a copy nowadays but I havn't got around to play it, dunno if I ever will, a PS4 re-release with comfort options like FFVII got would make the decision easier for me.

14. Metal Gear Solid 3
    Never played.

13. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Great Pokemon game which lead to disappointment in the 3rd gen that unlike Gen 2 doesn't let's you visits at least Johto, that was one hell of a post game, going back to Kanto was fantastic and unexpected.

I expect my #2 game to appear in the top 10 but most probably nothing else from my top 10.

• @Brannox I really really really doubt that it wouldn't appear, given that P3 is in, and P4 is the most well known one, and usually the one that gets the most recognition. Besides even if Persona can be considered niche I'd hardly say that it can be considered niche in the context of this forum.

And if for some reason it does happen to not appear then you can expect a veritable shitstorm from part.

• Global Moderator

Witcher 3 will definitely come up on the list.

• No matter what happens, my excitement is at an all time high!!!!!! Every game that makes it, deserves it. :thumbsup:

• Global Moderator

Oh I just wanted to add the real boxart for 2nd gen Pokemon!

alt text

This game is the only reason I had a gameboy colour. It's just such an incredible game.

And this year I plan on getting Pokemon Sun, the first pokemon game I've played since Silver!

• the games i expect to appear in no particular order

Final fantasy 7
    ocarina of time
    persona 4
    dark souls
    Mario 64
    Mario 3
    San Andres
    chrono trigger
    and my dark horse hope legend of dragoon

• Hell yes, Gen 2!!! Probably my favorite games of all time (definitely have played Silver more than any other game), but I am capable of saying that they're not the best of all time (hence why I put them at #4). Still got some big guns left in the tank. Can't wait to see if they make it!

• @FF7Cloud I voted for 5 of those.

• While not voting for 2nd gen of pokemon games, I still appreciate them. Good times.

alt text
    12. Super Mario 64 (1996) - 222 Points - 11 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 Faaip

Developer: Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Platformer
    Platform(s): Nintendo 64

Mario is invited to Peach's castle, but when he arrives Peach is nowhere to be seen. He soon learns from Toad that Bowser has once again kidnapped her. The Koopa King has also put a spell on her castle, imprisoning her subjects. So it is up to Mario to break the spell and rescue Peach.

Super Mario 64 is the first Mario game done entirely with 3D graphics. The core gameplay is similar to previous platform installments, focusing on jumping, avoiding obstacles and defeating enemies. Levels can be explored without time limits. Stars must be collected in order to unlock new areas, eventually gaining access to various parts of Bowser's castle. Defeating Bowser on each floor procures keys necessary to unlock big doors and enter other floors, which contain more areas. Mario has more moves at his disposal in this installment. Besides running and jumping, he can now walk, crouch, crawl, climb, and punch enemies. Double and triple jumps, long jumps, wall jumps and backflips can be executed as well. Swimming underwater now depletes Mario's oxygen level. Items must be picked up and carried in some instances in order to solve puzzles.

Other Votes: DeweyDecibel (7.), Alex840 (19.), Hero of Lime (22.), Dogtype (7.), TechnoRage1127 (6.), naltmank (5.), jsackel (3.), Churchy (3.), Musou Tensei (30.), FF7Cloud (16.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Wow I'm really surprised Mario 64 didn't make it into the top 10!

It may not be my all time favorite, but I think it is the most important game in my gaming upbringing. While I was super into the few NES games I had, getting an N64 with Mario 64 was the defining moment for me in gaming and every time I revisit it, I still get the same enjoyment that I did back then. Some of my greatest memories involve playing this game, exploring, finding secrets, the music, having a super hard time with the haunted house level and eventually beating it. I believe it was the first game that I ever beat on my own and I felt like it was a huge accomplishment that I still remember to this day!

• I can't see Mario's picture, the game cover. I wonder if that's just me. The others are fine, as I scrolled up.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

I can't see Mario's picture, the game cover. I wonder if that's just me. The others are fine, as I scrolled up.

Yes, I get a 403 when I try to view it.

• I linked a other pic, does it work now?

• @Exist-2-Inspire Ja, das kann ich jetzt sehen!

• Well, at least I got one prediction right. :-D

Anyway, I played a little of this in its original version on a cousin's system, and don't get me wrong: It's fun. I got the DS version with all the new bells and whistles. But I can't put my finger on why it doesn't grab me like I think it should. It deserves its spot.

alt text
    11. Chrono Trigger (1995) - 231 Points - 10 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 Pyro, naltmank, Tokyo Slim, blakynt

Developer: Square
    Publisher: Square
    Genre: RPG
    Platform(s): SNES, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, iOS, Android

A young man named Crono is about to enjoy a carefree day: he plans to go to the Millennial Fair, where his friend Lucca intends to demonstrate her newest scientific invention: a teleporter. Upon his arrival Crono meets a young girl named Marle, who volunteers to be the first to test Lucca's new device. However, Marle's pendant affects the teleporter's mechanism in a mysterious way, and as a result she is teleported four hundred years into the past. Crono and Lucca quickly recreate the time portal and follow Marle. They find out that her unexpected appearance has created some confusion, and proceed to fix the error, which in turn leads to unforeseen consequences, eventually compelling the heroes to travel to different time periods and change the history of the world.

Chrono Trigger is a Japanese-style role-playing game in which the player takes control of a party consisting of up to seven characters, developing the combat skills of its members and managing their equipment. There are no random encounters in the game: all the enemies are either visibly walking on the field maps and can be avoided by the player, or are waiting to ambush the party. No enemy encounters occur when the player navigates characters over the world map.

Other Votes: jsackel (25.), BlazingBahamut (22.), Joetown (17.), Axel (10.), Tearju Engi (12.), jipostus (3.), Musou Tensei (18.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Make that two predictions.

Chrono missed the top 10? Huh. But LOOK at that top line!! FOUR #1 votes. I've never played the game and I have no desire to, but four 1st place votes? That's what's up. Mad respect to Chrono Trigger.

• I know it essentially makes me a heathen but... I think Chrono Trigger is okay. I recently played through it for the first time at the beginning of this year and I had a decent time. I love the concept to death and I'm surprised very few games have ever really attempted it again, but a lot of the encounters are hit/miss for me. Praise I will give to the game - Frog is a badass and that music is classic.