The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• I'm very glad to see many taking an interest into Papers Please, definitively consider looking it.

I was very skeptical when I looked into it, but it really presents an experience the likes of which are rare in video games, and everything in the game works together in an amazing way. I can also say that an event in the game resulted in the most powerful emotional outburst I've had with any games, movies, books, etc. If you let yourself into the situation the game presents you are not gonna regret it

Besides the game is like 10$, and shouldn't take more than 10 hours to get a few of the endings.

For the last games

Life is Strange:

i didn't think of it for my list, but I maybe should have added it, really liked it despite its shortcomings.

Dragon Quest VIII

meh, I didn't finish it, but I was close to it, it was fun but I'll never go back to it, and probably won't touch other DQ games (other than heroes), the world feels to empty and unreal for me to get into it.

Star Fox 64

I wouldn't put it too high, so I guess it is ok at this spot.

• Crash Team Racing
    I loved this game a lot, but I guess I just don't like the racing genre enough for any to enter my top 30. Honestly though, I preferred Diddy Kong Racing to CTR.

Papers Please
    I haven't played this either. Never did look like my kind of thing.

Kingdom Hearts II
    I adore the series and own every game but 1. I prefer Birth by Sleep and 2. still none managed to break my top 30. Goes to show how many games I love...

Life is Strange
    One of my favourite games of this generation, but again, there's games I like more lol.

Dragon Quest VIII
    This was my first Dragon Quest game and while I did enjoy it, I hold quite a few PS2 Jrpg's over it. I personally like a more ... involved plot, for need of a better word. While DQ was certainly charming, its setting, story and characters aren't all that me.

Star Fox 64
    Fantastic game. Played it over too many times to count, but picking 30 as you know...

• I think CTR is one of my favorite "racing" game just behind OG Mario Kart but alas both didn't make the cut. There were more games I liked more as a whole.
    I also liked KH more than KH 2.
    LiS is such a good game. I remember liking it very much last year and bought it thanks to Huber and Elyse
    Modern Warfare is my favorite first person shooter but those sequels were such a mess and I don't really much care about them but nice that it made the list. Barely.
    Ico was a nice game but I wasn't that much invested in it because I had played Rain before that. Still great though

• Life is Strange, cool. I'm maybe a bit disappointed to myself that it didn't make into my 30, as I really, really liked it when I played it on summer. Got me emotional. Nevertheless, happy to see it here now.

• Global Moderator

I am just worried that one of the games I put high up on my list and hoped for to show up won't show up xD I wont say which it was, but I still hope it comes up on the list!

• 91.Life is Strange
    Not for me, I do hope though that Zombie Horse will LP this someday though, they are hilarious.

90.Dragon Quest VIII
    Amazing JRPG.

89.Star Fox 64
    Great shoot'em up that still holds up very well imo.

• Life is Strange
    Yes, every day. Amazing, turbulent game! Every week, every day—let's play.

Papers, Please
    Of all time?

• Loving the variety thus far! Glad to see some of my choices have made the list. I just started dreading the backlog I'll have after this is all done o_O

• I'm glad Knack hasn't shown up yet, he deserves to be in at least the top 20.

• Little Bonus for today:

alt text
    88. Xenoblade Chronicles (2010) - 65 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #3 Musou Tensei

Developer: Monolith Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS

Life in the world evolved on the bodies of two giant motionless world-gods named Bionis and Mechonis. In this world, Shulk, a young man with mysterious origins, comes across a magical sword named Monado, that allows him to see glimpses of the future. Shulk finds himself caught in the struggle between the humans from Bionis and the machines from Mechonis. Along his quest to defeat the machines he will have to help the inhabitants of Bionis rebuild their world.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a Japanese-style role-playing game with several distinguishing characteristics. Exploring the vast world takes a significant part in the gameplay. Weather and day/night cycle influence the availability of quests and characters. In such an open world it is not uncommon to encounter creatures much stronger than what Shulk and his allies can manage. When the player dies he is teleported to the last save point with no penalty. Objectives can be completed in any order and many side quests are available.

Other Votes: FF7Cloud (10.), Nillend (15.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

The next two rankings will have some debate potential for sure! ;)

• @Exist-2-Inspire said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

Highest Vote: #3 Musou Tensei

Synchronicity. It all falls into place.

• That low? This is the best modern day JRPG, I'm very disappointed, I'm literally shaking right now, I swear if Xenoblade X is on this list I will scream internally.
    :P

• Being unavailable all day has made me crave to see the newest entries and it did not disappoint. Sadly, I can only speak legitimately about two entries, but I have thoughts on others as well

CTR: SUPER stoked it made the list! While not in my top 30, I really enjoyed this game. However, there are more modern games that made the bulk of my list, but still this entry brought a smile to my face!

Kingdom Hearts II: This is my introduction to the countdown and I'm happy to see others agree its a great game. While not in my top 15, it's still a standout title and has, unequivocally for me, the best story moment of the ENTIRE series (The moment you leave Space Paranoids for the first time to when you get kicked off the world). @jsackel , @naltmank , and @FF7Cloud , I tip my cap to you all!

Much like the Witness, I'm enthused to see Papers Please! and Life is Strange being so recent. While neither appeals to me, I'm happy to smaller games with bigger heart make their impressions, and presence, known.

Star Fox 64: Not shocked its represented. Even though I don't see any personal value with it, I respect its fans to know this game is special.

I am LOVING this right now.

• @Musou-Tensei said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

This is the best modern day Japanese role-playing game...

alt text

alt text

• Global Moderator

I've a lot of fond memories with CTR. Seeing this list is really going to make me miss the old days of local co op.

• @tokeeffe9 There's always Overcooked to bring that golden age back.

• The controls in Star Fox 64 are SO good. SO smooth. The art style is clear and sharp, and the production/direction is almost perfect. Only reasons I didn't put it higher are it's a tiny bit dated, and the concept is a bit simplistic. There is some depth, more than you would expect even, but after playing through it a few times, the emptiness becomes more apparent. Every facet still shines to some degree, though. ^_^

• @Haru17 Huh?

• Global Moderator

@SabotageTheTruth Oh for sure. There are plenty of excellent local co op games.

It's just not the same now with how things have changed in life and having grown up too is all.

Same thing goes for several other things I reminisce about.

• @Musou-Tensei "Modern day" is a lot.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text