The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• alt text

• It's looking more and more like Shadow of the Colossus will be the one to miss out the list. I can't imagine any of the others being left out.

• @Axel Agreed. And it seemed like a surefire game to appear still when like the Top 15 was missing etc.

• Oh the guessing and anticipation. This is getting better and better :joy:

• Wow I can't believe I forgot RE4! Though SoTC, Ocarina, ME2, and TLOU are in my top 10.. this should be interesting!

• There's no way ICO makes the list and SotC doesn't.

• #5 entry soon, please? People are falling into pieces here otherwise.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

#5 entry soon, please? People are falling into pieces here otherwise.

Let them fall! Much fun, waiting is! :D

• We are propably waiting for the #1 game AND the US presidential election results at the same time at this rate. That amount of anticipation could be lethal.

alt text
    5. Final Fantasy VII (1997) - 299 Points - 13 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 Brannox, Exist 2 Inspire

Developer: Square
    Publisher: Square
    Genre: RPG
    Platform(s): PlayStation, Microsoft Windows, iOS, PlayStation 4, Android

The seventh installment of the Final Fantasy series takes place in a post-modern, steampunk, sci-fi world where high technology reigns and where robots and bio-engineered mutants co-exist with humans and dragons. The story focuses on Shinra Inc., an evil mega-corporation responsible for all the world's high technology. Shinra supports this technology with Mako Energy, Shinra's patented source of power. Unfortunately Mako is the lifeblood of the living planet and by using it up Shinra is slowly upsetting the balance of nature. In comes AVALANCHE, a rebel group of disenfranchised citizens who have taken it upon themselves to oppose Shinra's ambitions. The main character is an ex-Shinra soldier named Cloud Strife, an angst-ridden fellow with a complex history that is explained as the game goes on. Cloud joins up with AVALANCHE as a mercenary for hire, and together they take on Shinra's maniacal executives and their army of shock-troops, robots, and mutants. However, after a while it becomes apparent that there are other forces at work, and ultimately Cloud must not only fight against Shinra, but also stop a powerful man from his past from destroying the world.

Like its predecessors, Final Fantasy VII is a role-playing game in Japanese style, featuring turn-based combat with a real-time (ATB, "active time battle") element against randomly appearing enemies. Customization in the game revolves around a so-called "Materia" system. Instead of magic spells, abilities, and bonus stats being saved to a single character, they are saved to Materia orbs, allowing the player to change a character's spells and abilities from the equipment menu at any time. Materia orbs can be bought in stores or found during exploration. The series' trademark summoned monsters are also contained within specific Materia. Beside experience points, characters also receive ability points that gradually upgrade the abilities of the currently equipped Materia.

Other Votes: BlazingBahamut (4.), Sheria (2.), blakynt (2.), Sentinel Beach (13.), jipostus (6.), Inustar (18.), SabotageTheTruth (7.), Musou Tensei (2.), Tokyo Slim (20.), FF7Cloud (2.), Sieghardt (26.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Sad to see it so soon, it deserves Top 3.

• wow 6 top 2 votes the game hasnt aged well, but here it is the first entry in the top 5.

• Wow. I had honestly envisioned FFVII as #1. This was a surprise.

Nobuo Uematsu's music changed my life with this one. Truly a classic in every sense of the word.

• First off: TOP 5!!! Super happy to see my favorite game of all time make it so deep! Sure, I would've loved top spot, and it would've been nice to medal, but I can not complain.

Second: Even though I'm not hung up at all about where it placed, I must (comically of course) cry out: ONE POINT from 300. If only ONE person put it down as their #30 game. Ahhhh!! ;-)

Third: I've gone into great detail for every entry I voted for, but because the game is so high on the list, I would be preaching to the choir. So instead, I want to do something a little different: I want to share my favorites: Moment, song, area, and character.

Fourth: Favorites -

Moment: Assaulting Shinra HQ (Both times). I don't know what it is, but that theme pounding during both raids, the story implications, and the overall aesthetic look so cool. It is without a doubt, my personal favorite moment in gaming.

Song - This is a slight cop-out because its a remix of the original version, but it's called, "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon," based off of course "Valley of the Fallen Star." But shout out to Cid's Theme!

Area - Midgar. Need I say more?

Character - Believe it or not, it's not Cloud or Sephiroth. In fact, it's Vincent. I find his motivations sorrowful and his past both irritating, and infuriating. While he is tricky to use, he is the most compelling member of the cast. And to think you can bypass him (literally) entirely!

Fifth: As always, I want to shout out everyone who voted for games I did as well, but because this is my favorite game, I recognize that I could probably get along with you all the most.

SO: My heartfelt thanks and "Hell. Yes." to: @BlazingBahamut, @Sentinel-Beach, @jipostus, @Inustar, @SabotageTheTruth, @TokyoSlim, @Sieghardt. Also: A resounding high five to: @Sheria, @blakynt, @Musou-Tensei, and @FF7Cloud with and an additional question: What game do you like better? I ask because whatever you enjoy must be one hell of a game :thumbsup: And finally to @Exist-2-Inspire, you rock. Simple as that.

Sixth and FINALLY: I'm pretty confident in saying I no longer have a game in the running. I still could, but I don't think so. I can give my reactions to where they place, and potential thoughts on if I've played them, but I believe I have nothing further to contribute to the thread beyond that.

Love and Respect Allies!! <3

• @Brannox my number 1 is 100% goin to be on this list maybe even next entry so i wont spoil it

• FF 7. A classic. No surprise that it's here. No need to say more.

• @Brannox

My #1 isnt gonna be on the list but I think most people will find it a reasonable pick and it is Grandia. I love the stories of both Grandia and FF7 but I genuinely believe the Grandia series has the best battle system of any RPG ever and that gets it to the top of my list

• @Sieghardt I've never played Grandia, so I can't speak to it, but cool! Thanks for sharing!

• FFVIi only 13 out of 44(?) put this on their top 30? Makes me more annoyed about missing the voting.

For me the best part of the game were putting together some amazing material combinations, people were still coming up with new ones years after the release.

The first game I've ever played which had mini games just blew my mind, I remember spending hours at the Gold Saucer, couldn't get enough of the battle arena.

Just experimenting with different tactics and combinations of taking on Ruby Weapon (the one near Gold Saucer) was one of the most engaging gameplay moments I've ever, I remember the pure relief and that "yes!" moment when I finally took down the toughest enemy in the game, it began the journey of taking on the baddest and best bosses the series had to offer.

I think it had a story or something.

• Ew, why'd you all nostalgia-vote for Pokemon?