The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• 03. Shadow of the Colossus
    Sorry but no, it was a nice experience and the bossfights are pretty cool, but else it's very boring imo.

02. The Last of Us
    Really?

01. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    It's a fantastic game for sure, but #1? Nah.

Okay here is my list, like I said I completely forgot Mass Effect and if I would make the list today it would look different for the simple fact that I played 100's of games in my life.
    1 Mystical Ninja starring Goemon (N64) (I was probably the only one who played vozed for it)
    2 Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    3 Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
    4 Lost Odyssey (XB360) (Why?)
    5 Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
    6 Bayonetta (Wii U)
    7 The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
    8 The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)
    9 Secret of Mana (SNES)
    10 The Guardian Legend (NES)
    11 Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
    12 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    13 Mystic Quest (GB) (aka Final Fantasy Adventure)
    14 Blast Corps (N64)
    15 GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    16 Super Mario World (SNES)
    17 Mischief Makers (N64)
    18 Chrono Trigger (DS)
    19 No More Heroes (Wii)
    20 No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)
    21 Resident Evil Remake (GC)
    22 Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) (surprised this one didn't make it)
    23 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox) (really surprised this one didn't make it)
    24 Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
    25 Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)
    26 Terranigma (SNES)
    27 Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
    28 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    29 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (XB360)
    30 Super Mario 64 (N64)

• @Musou-Tensei said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown! (COMPLETE):

Okay here is my list, like I said I completely forgot Mass Effect and if I would make the list today it would look different for the simple fact that I played 100's of games in my life.
    1 Mystical Ninja starring Goemon (N64) (I was probably the only one who played vozed for it)
    2 Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    3 Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
    4 Lost Odyssey (XB360) (Why?)
    5 Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
    6 Bayonetta (Wii U)
    7 The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
    8 The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)
    9 Secret of Mana (SNES)
    10 The Guardian Legend (NES)
    11 Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
    12 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    13 Mystic Quest (GB) (aka Final Fantasy Adventure)
    14 Blast Corps (N64)
    15 GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    16 Super Mario World (SNES)
    17 Mischief Makers (N64)
    18 Chrono Trigger (DS)
    19 No More Heroes (Wii)
    20 No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)
    21 Resident Evil Remake (GC)
    22 Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) (surprised this one didn't make it)
    23 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox) (really surprised this one didn't make it)
    24 Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
    25 Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)
    26 Terranigma (SNES)
    27 Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
    28 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    29 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (XB360)
    30 Super Mario 64 (N64)

Heh, nice to see a list kinda similar to mine. High on Nintendo/Xbox/older games, low on Sony. And dat Blast Corps. :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3msWx4nW6k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYhUmWX0ME
    Youtube Video

Here's mine:

#1 Worms Armageddon (PC)
    #2 Perfect Dark (N64)
    #3 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
    #4 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
    #5 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Dreamcast)
    #6 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    #7 Halo 1 (Original Xbox)
    #8 Star Fox 64 (N64)
    #9 Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
    #10 GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    #11 Rayman 2: The Great Escape (N64)
    #12 Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
    #13 Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube)
    #14 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GameCube)
    #15 Burnout Revenge (Original Xbox)
    #16 SimCity 2000: Special Edition (PC)
    #17 Pikmin 1 (GameCube)
    #18 Project Gotham Racing 2 (Original Xbox)
    #19 Pokémon Red & Blue (Original Game Boy)
    #20 Blast Corps (N64) :heart:
    #21 Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)
    #22 Jet Set Radio Future (Original Xbox)
    #23 Unreal Tournament 2003 (PC)
    #24 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (Xbox 360)
    #25 Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
    #26 Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (Arcade)
    #27 Robotron 64 (N64)
    #28 MechAssault (Original Xbox)
    #29 Star Wars Episode I: Racer (N64)
    #30 Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Original Xbox)

I previously highlighted my top 5 here:

http://forums.easyallies.com/topic/185/my-top-5-games-of-all-time/

• Xenoblade is the culmination of so much incestuous bad taste that it threatens to suffocate the entire genre.

• @Haru17 loved the games story and characters loved the mission structure loved the affinity system. the only weak part was the battle system dosnt matter where you are you you could be halfway across the map and the enemy could still hit you (still the best jrpg of last generation)

1. Super Mario World
    2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    3. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
    4. Braid
    5. Gears of War
    6. Pokémon Red and Blue
    7. Inside
    8. Grand Theft Auto IV
    9. Fallout 3
    10. Dead Space
    11. Banjo-Kazooie
    12. Super Smash Bros.
    13. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    14. Mario Kart 64
    15. ESPN NFL 2k5
    16. Assassin’s Creed
    17. GoldenEye 007
    18. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    19. Super Mario Galaxy
    20. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon
    21. Guitar Hero II
    22. Shovel Knight
    23. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
    24. Warcraft II
    25. Limbo
    26. Halo 2
    27. Castle Crashers
    28. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    29. NBA Jam Tournament Edition
    30. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

• Well, why not, here is my glorious list.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Uncharted 4 (PS4)
    Super Mario 64 (N64)
    Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Wii U)
    Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    Portal 2 (PS2)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
    The Last of Us (PS3)
    Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)
    Zone of the Enders 2 (PS2)
    Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
    The Witness (PS4)
    Infamous 2 (PS3)
    StarFox 64 (N64)
    Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (DS)
    Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (NES)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS)
    Shenmue (Dreamcast)
    DuckTales (NES)
    Journey (PS3)
    Katamari Damacy (PS2)
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Chrono Trigger (PS)
    Bloodborne (PS4)
    Vanquish (PS3)
    Tetris (NES)
    Gunstar Heroes (Sega Genesis)
    Marble Madness (NES)

In total:

• 19 games made it from my list

• 36 games listed are ones that I enjoyed

• 64 games listed are ones I don't care for (either by not liking or no interest in playing)

• @jsackel Goldeneye made it

• Thanks! I don't know how I missed that when reviewing the list.

• Been away for a bit and I'm currently very tired so won't be commenting too much on the last 15 or so entries I missed right now.

Just wanted to thanks @Exist-2-Inspire for all the hard work and mention that the topic has been pinned. I think it's a really nice starting point for anyone who joins the forums to see what the community is into!

• @tokeeffe9 Thanks for pinning it! I was really hoping it would. This thread DESERVES to be preserved! :thumbsup:

• Holy crap! That was a ton of fun!
    @Exist-2-Inspire you did a great job! You were a god, a very patient and detailed god, with an occasional evil streak since Dead Space 3 nearly gave me a heart attack.

So I don't really care too much about the Resident Evil series, but I am super surprised RE4 didn't make it at all. I constantly hear how great it is. I'll be interested to see how many points it got.
    Happy though that SotC, ME2, FFVII and Persona 4 made the top 10. My faith in everyone has been restored (really it had never actually gone away)

I'm gonna miss this thread, it was tons of fun.

• @Inustar @Sentinel-Beach RE4 got 46 Points and landed on 117.

• Ouch. And I alone gave it 22 of those points.

• @Sentinel-Beach Yep three votes total: 22 from you, 22 from benoit489 and 2 from Hero of Lime

• Oh so close!

@Inustar So long as it's pinned, it will never go away. I think I may pop back in this thread from time to time and re-read some of the wonderful conversations surrounding the reveals. Especially the fantastic musical discussion before the top 3 (the real ones ;-) to @Exist-2-Inspire ) were finally shown.

• I actually think this is the first one of these types of lists I've ever been remotely happy with.

• Alright I'm after recovering some bit so finally about to give some opinions! Starting off at 11 as that's when I was gone.

Super Mario 64 is a masterpiece. No doubt about it. I never owned a N64 but I played this a bunch at my friends and I think on the DS too and I loved it. Not much else to say.

Chrono Trigger is another masterpiece. I played it on the 3DS this year and absolutely loved it. Easily up there as one of my favourite JRPGs and it was damn close to making my list but because it was so fresh and I only completed it once, I left it out.

Persona 4 - Oh yes, and here is my favourite JRPG. It's just such a beautiful game I think. Once you get into it and meet all the characters more, increase your social links, it's so much fun to actually see that character development and story. The music is incredible and it's so damn colourful. This game was worth having the Vita alone.

Dark Souls - I voted Bloodborne higher but DS is an absolutely incredible game that I'll always remember. For me, it has arguably the greatest level design in a 3D game. When you see that map, see how all the shortcuts link, it's just incredible. Honestly it's a toss up between this and BB at times for me.

The Witcher 3 - This just makes me realise how fantastic last year was. Witcher 3 set a new standard for RPGs. It's not just the amount of content the game has, it's that it's all fantastic content. The side quests and main quest, just incredible. I have some gripes with it like witcher vision and the minimap but those are minor issues in such a detailed and beautiful crafted game. I look forward to Cyberpunk.

Metal Gear Solid - For me MGS3 is easily the overall best MGS game however there is no denying the impact MGS had on me and the entire industry. It has some of the most creative idea's I've ever seen in a game, breaking the fourth wall and also having one of the best stories and all round performances for a videogame at that time. It brought everything to a cinematic level which is something I love in games now.

Super Mario Bros 3 - Oh heck yes.. the confirmation we all deserved, SMB3 is the ultimate 2D Mario game. I've completed this game countless times and I love everything about it. The levels, the music, the power ups, the world map! It's just glorious. There is no nonsense in this game, no filler, just pure perfection! I did play the SNES version of this.

Final Fantasy VII - Not much to say here. I played it when I was younger, don't remember beating it.. it's an FF game. The combat is just way too slow and repetitive for me to love them but I definitely like aspects of them.

Mass Effect 2 - Another game where I don't love it like others. I played ME2 & 3 back to back and honestly in terms of game I thought ME3 was much better. Either way I think they are both a bit janky. So another I liked but don't love.

Shadow of the Colossus - My number one game. My word do I love SOTC. It's everything I want in a game. It's absolutely beautiful from a visual and audible aspect. Whether it be the design of the Colossus or just the environments. The music is beautiful yet the lack of it is also so impactful. The story isn't being beaten over your head. Again it's impactful and sad and it's told mostly in visuals. And then we just have the sheer scale of the game. It makes you feel so small everywhere you go, as you scale a building or a colossus. You don't spend your time upgrading your weapon, going around with detective vision. It's just you and your horse finding one colossi after another and figuring out how to take it down. It's just absolutely incredible to me. I love that the EZA community has such a strong affection for what is a relatively niche game, especially in comparison to the majority of the top 10-20. Now.. please be excited for The Last Guardian!

The Last of Us - Easily my favourite Naughty Dog game which is saying something as I pretty much love all of them. When it comes to all forms of media, I generally prefer a more serious, grim tone and I think that's why I gravitate to this so much. It's a post apocalyptic story that I really got into. I love The Road and I feel like this is the closest thing we'll get to that in videogame format. The performances are absolutely incredible throughout and gut wrenching. On top of that I love the gameplay. Trying to save as much supplies as you can, every bullet. Every situation feels so intense. On top of that it has one of the best multiplayer experience I've had. Again it's super intense but they also have a neat way of showing how well you're doing by your progress being shown in the camp you're building and the challenges you need to complete to try and get that camp as big as possible in the 12 weeks. I love it and can't wait to see what they do with TLOU2.

Ocarina of Time - I got around to OoT a little late. It was the third 3D Zelda game that I completed. The other two being Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword which is also my favourite Zelda... yet that's right, I said it. Anyway, OoT is a fantastic game and it's incredible how they transitioned it from 2D to 3D so smoothly. I had a load of fun with it but obviously things get refined a bit more with each iteration and I just ended up enjoying the newer Zeldas that little bit more.

• @tokeeffe9 said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown! (COMPLETE):

Shadow of the Colossus - My number one game. My word do I love SOTC. It's everything I want in a game. It's absolutely beautiful from a visual and audible aspect. Whether it be the design of the Colossus or just the environments. The music is beautiful yet the lack of it is also so impactful. The story isn't being beaten over your head. Again it's impactful and sad and it's told mostly in visuals. And then we just have the sheer scale of the game. It makes you feel so small everywhere you go, as you scale a building or a colossus. You don't spend your time upgrading your weapon, going around with detective vision. It's just you and your horse finding one colossi after another and figuring out how to take it down. It's just absolutely incredible to me. I love that the EZA community has such a strong affection for what is a relatively niche game, especially in comparison to the majority of the top 10-20. Now.. please be excited for The Last Guardian!

Finally someone explains what makes SotC so good! ;) Definitely sounds interesting, but I guess I'll focus on The Last Guardian for now.

and Skyward Sword which is also my favourite Zelda... yet that's right, I said it.

YES! There's two of us!

• why not for our next list do top 10 zelda games or top 10 zelda dungeons

• Global Moderator

Thought I would post my list as well.. if anyone are interested :D

1. Final Fantasy IX
    2. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    3. Halo 3
    4. Zone Of Enders 2: Second runner
    5. The Last of Us + Left behind DLC
    6. Pokémon Gen 2 (Gold/silver)

1. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    2. Dishonored
      9. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
      10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty
      11. Kingdom Hearts
    3. Darksiders
      13. Mass Effect 2
    4. Journey to Silius
    5. Crash Bandicoot: warped
    6. Suikoden 2
    7. Burnout 3: Takedown
      18. Assassin's Creed 2
      19. Bioshock Infinite
    8. Killzone 2
    9. Grand Turismo 5
    10. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (playstation 3).
    11. Ape Escape
      24. Crash Team Racing
    12. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    13. Pharao
    14. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
    15. Tekken 3
      29. Golden eye
    16. Mirror's Edge