The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• @Nillend One could say that, but I think we could make our own, separate Hall of greats as well, but we need others to have their say on subject.

• I think the hall of greats should be run differently than a top 100 list. I don't really know how that works in a forum setting yet, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. I like the "challenge" portion of the nomination process.

I also like that a limited number of games at a time get in.

• @TokyoSlim also with this format games that revolutionized the medium should get more votes, games like galaga and pacman should get more attention in a hall of fame format.

• @FF7Cloud Now that I thought about this more, yes I agree. It has to be separated from this list, as this list represents more our favorite games rather than those games that innovated, pioneered and helped to shape the industry we know and love. That is what Hall of Greats should be all about.

And I think we could do it in our own way, by having a topic, in which we all add one game before close off date, after which we could have a strawpoll, which will decide which two games gets into our own Hall of Greats.

• @jipostus sounds like it could work.

• The nominees should be capped though imo, like max 10 maybe 15!

• @Exist-2-Inspire agreed, there should be limit to how many games there will be submitted to the voting process. But that would mean that not everyone gets their nominee in to the vote.

What I think would make it interesting is that before game is added to the voting process, it needs vouching from at least two different members of the forum, giving more people a chance to have their say on games that should be put in to the vote. And that would also make it so that the voting list doesn't fill up instantly, giving it little more thought perhaps.

• All of this sounds awesome and I'm willing to contribute to such an endeavor if there is a consensus to do it. The stream was really fascinating to watch and the quirks I had with it really would apply here, so I'm all for it.

• maybe everyone could nominate 5 games that they believe are historically significant, revolutionary and hold the test of time, and see how much overlap their is.

• @FF7Cloud I think that changes the format of what we're going for.
    I think each person nominating one game within a time limit, making as good a case for that specific game as they can, and then the community voting on a consensus pick is the way to go.

If you're making a multiple game list, you're going to have to come up with multiple arguments why someone should vote for each of your five games over any of the other games on your list.