The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• Most of my list is 20th century stuff.

• @Billy Oh it's downright hilarious. Just never try it yourself X-D

• @Haru17 twilight was on my list beu it wasnt high

• @Divinity, whoo, we got Transistor on this list!

Some of the best music I've ever experienced in a video game. For those of you saying the game isn't for you, that's cool, but seriously, check out the soundtrack when you get a chance. I'm still listening to it years after completing the game.

• Global Moderator

Really happy to see Ico make the list. I can totally understand why people might not enjoy it as much but in terms of pure design, it's fantastic. Mark Brown explains it a lot better than me if anyone wants to watch his video on it.

Also I know it's very recent but it's pretty cool to see The Witness on the list. Another example of fantastic game design

• @Exist-2-Inspire Will you make a different thread each day or keep everything here? I'm afraid the visibility will become a problem if we keep this thread for the entire countdown, given the amount of comments each entry generates.

My suggestion would be to make a different post each day, and when all is said and done, make a big post with the full list for posterity, something along those lines.

What do you guys think?

• Also, to all of you, Skyward Sword is the best 3D Zelda, so you can stop arguing between OoT, MM, WW and whatnot ;)

• The cool thing about this list is that 99% of them are going to be well known games that many of us have played. None of my games were in the bottom 5 so I guess that means my choices are all MUCH higher (they better be, lol).

• @Axel said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

Also, to all of you, Skyward Sword is the best 3D Zelda, so you can stop arguing between OoT, MM, WW and whatnot ;)

cool.

alt text

• @Axel That's why i have a Qucklink list in the second post, so you can get to the positions qucik without scrolling through all the stuff, i would like to have all in one thread tbh!

• Wow, good work dude. Now I'm sad I didn't submit myself. I look forward to seeing the full list. You are doing a great service.

• @Exist-2-Inspire Awesome work! Just so I know, I sent mine through on the last day, did it get in okay? If not, no worries, but I thought I'd check!

• alt text
    94. Crash Team Racing (1999) - 60 Points - 5 Votes - Highest Vote: #7 BlazingBahamut

Developer: Naughty Dog
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Racing
    Platform(s): PlayStation

Crash Team Racing (CTR) is a kart racing game a la Mario Kart, featuring popular characters from the Crash Bandicoot series of games - Crash, Coco, Neo Cortex, N. Gin, Penta Penguin, Polar, Pura, Papu Papu, Komodo Joe, Pinstripe, Tiny, Dingodile, Ripper Roo, Fake Crash and N. Tropy.

The player can race a full storyboard game as any one of the characters, fighting to beat the ultimate (and cheating) racer from another planet, Nitrous Oxide, who wants to turn the Earth into a car park. Each of the main races are against 7 other AI competitors, with 5 "boss" races against a single boss character.

To help you along your way are a whole bunch of weapons, ranging from missiles and rolling bombs to booby-trapped TNT crates and the leader-seeking orb.There are also a few arcade modes, sub-games and battle games against up to 4 other players.

Other Votes: Lotias (24.), Sentinel Beach (19.), jipostus (25.), Billy (20.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    93. Papers, Please (2013) - 60 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #3 Bard91

Developer: 3909
    Publisher: 3909
    Genre: Puzzle
    Platform(s): Microsoft WIndows, Linux, iOS

Papers Please is a simulation game based on the life of a immigration inspector charged with checking passports at the border of a fictional communist state, Arztoska. The game is set after the conclusion of a six year war with neighboring Kolechia, the war has moved the combatants boarded and left the city of Greznin split. Kolechia controls the west and Arztoska the east. The game begins with the player being selected for border duty in Arztoska's monthly labor lottery. He (the player character is unnamed) and his family are relocated to the city of Greznin.

Gameplay takes the form of checking the documents of people wishing to cross the border. Initially this is a task of making sure that no documents are expired or that cities and countries where the documents come from are real. However, as events such as the deterioration of relations with neighboring powers and terrorist attacks on the border, take place the D.O.I. (Department of Immigration) require documents to become more complicated. The player will have to juggle checking, crosschecking and rechecking supplemental IDs, work permits, vaccination records, and more. Complications can include anything from simple misspellings to changing heights, or circumstances that require strip searches.

Other Votes: Joetown (25.), Ringedwithtile (5.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    92. Kingdom Hearts II (2005) - 61 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #10 jsackel

Developer: Square Enix
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 (as HD remaster)

Sora, Donald, and Goofy are back in the third installment (second for PS2) of the Kingdom Hearts series, continuing where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories left off. The trio awakens from their sleep and goes to Twilight Town. When the game begins, you will first have control over a boy name Roxas who wields a dual-Keyblade. He is trying to enjoy the remainder of his summer vacation with his friends but he keeps having flash-backs of someone else's memories. When he meets up with Sora, the two learns they have a special connection with one another. Afterwards, the group will continue their search for King Mickey and Riku. This time, they will travel to new worlds and work with various characters from the Disney and Final Fantasy universes. This includes worlds from not only Disney's animated movies but other movies as well like Pirates of the Caribbean and TRON.

In Kingdom Hearts II, Sora and his friends will battle various enemies including the Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, but also a group of enemies called Nobodies. Nobodies are "nonexistent beings" who are under the control of Organization XIII - a group of 13 members in black coats that Sora and his friends have reduced down to just half. Gameplay is very similar to Kingdom Hearts: the player controls Sora with Donald and Goofy helping with their magic and attacks. Sora can use various magic powers as well as use Summon which will call upon the aid of special Disney characters that will temporarily fight alongside him. A new feature of combat are "Reaction Commands". Some enemies will leave themselves open during attacks, and if the player presses the Reaction Command button when prompted Sora will take advantage of the situation, either turning an enemy's attack against them, striking from a defenseless side for extra damage, or avoiding an otherwise unavoidable attack.

Other Votes: naltmank (13.), FF7Cloud (24.), Brannox (16.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Global Moderator

So glad Crash Team Racing were on the list! I got so many fun memories with this game as multiplayer on my PS1 with friends. I really deserves to be on here! :sunglasses:

• Lol this list is SOOO not going the direction I expected so far.

• @Lotias Yes! And not only that, it was incredible to see a good campaign in such a fun racer, boss battles and all. And then you had those extra tasks within races to earn relics and tokens to unlock the true ending... So good!

• @TokyoSlim haha what did you expect? :D

• Yeah, CTR! My first on the list. But shouldn't there be reading 5 votes instead of 4?

• FFFFFFFFFF YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH Papers Please made it @Ringedwithtile and @Joetown you guys know what is up!!!

I'll never stop saying it Papers Please is legit one of the best games ever, and the probably one of the best artistic achivements of the medium. I really thought it was not going to make it, and it is nowhere near where I think it should be, but oh well, at least it is in there.

• Another batch of games I've never played, but I'm so glad to see such diversity in genres and "fame". Half of these games would never make the Top 100 list of any regular videogame publication, because they're too "small" or niche, but it's obvious we've been voting with our hearts here, not just for big names (although I fully expect the top 50 to be much more traditional in that sense).

Adding Papers, Please next to Transistor on my list of EZA recommended games to play!