The EZA Top 100 Videogames!

• @Sentinel-Beach you're right, thanks, i fixed it!

• Global Moderator

@Axel Yeah thats why I like this list morethan a "normal" list. We really could go for what WE liked and I expect more "odd" games to show up, even though Im guessing towards the top there will be some Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games.

• I'm really happy that I have the honor of backing up Crash Team Racing the most for this TOP 100 list, a lot of thanks also to @Lotias, @Sentinel-Beach, @jipostus and @Billy for also nominating this true kart racing GEM!

But I'm actually also a little disappointed it only sits at 94, this game deserves an incredible amount of praise, I still play it regularly even in 2016, even the graphics hold up for me, it has aged like fine wine, which is really impressive considering it is a Playstation 1-era game!!

I can't say much about 93) Papers, Please, I have never heard about it before, but I'm gonna check it out for sure.

And last but not least, 92) Kingdom Hearts II, I'm also surprised it only got spot 92), but that is my fault as well, I was expecting a lot of EZA votes for this one, and it didn't make my TOP 30 list, but it absolutely deserves to be here, good job @jsackel !

• 94.Crash Team Racing
    Don't care.

93.Papers, Please
    Got it in a Humble Bundle, not for me.

92.Kingdom Hearts II
    Great action RPG that mixes FF with Disney, sadly the series got too convoluted with spin offs that I completely lost track and interest, and 3 still hasn't been released yet.

• Again missed the boat for Crash and Kingdom hearts, so don't care about them, but I still understand why people would like them. I passed over Papers please, and I'm really surprised that it left so big of an impact on some of you. Still waiting for a game that I actually played and liked...

• alt text
    91. Life is Strange (2015) - 62 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #8 Brandon_Reister

Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Genre: Graphic Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, XBOX One, XBOX, 360, Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X

Life Is Strange is an episodic graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment and published by Square Enix. It is available for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and consists of five episodes released periodically throughout 2015.

The game's plot focuses on Maxine Caulfield, a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. After having foreseen an approaching storm, Max must take on the responsibility to prevent it from destroying her town. The player's actions will adjust the narrative as it unfolds, and reshape it once allowed to travel back in time. Fetch quests and making environmental changes represent the forms of puzzle solving in addition to using branching choices for conversation.

Other Votes: Nillend (29.), Haru17 (14.), Joetown (12.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    90. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (2004) - 63 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 Divinity

Developer: Level-5
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Genre: RPG
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, Nintendo 3DS, iOS, Android

The court jester Dhoulmagus of the kingdom of Trodain stole a powerful magical scepter sealed beneath the royal castle. Using the power of the scepter, Dhoulmagus destroyed the castle, placed a curse upon the kingdom and its people, and turned King Trode into a troll and the princess into a horse. A sole surviving castle guard journeys with the king, the princess, a reformed bandit named Yangus and a few other companions in search of the evil jester and a way to break the curse.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King is a traditional Japanese-style role-playing game with random enemy encounters, simple turn-based combat mechanics, and management of a party consisting of four characters, each belonging to a clearly defined class. Unlike its predecessors in the series and most Japanese RPGs in general, the game features a continuous world with fairly vast landscapes and integrated towns and dungeons, as opposed to world map traveling and locations represented by icons. The game features full camera rotation and optional first-person view. Like in the previous Dragon Quest games, many objects can be interacted with; for example, barrels can be physically lifted, carried, and broken, to reveal items hidden within.

Other Votes: BlazingBahamut (15.), Tokyo Slim (14.),

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

alt text
    89. Star Fox 64 (1997) - 64 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #8 FF7Cloud, Oscillator

Developer: Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Rail/scrolling shooter
    Platform(s): Nintendo 64

Fox McCloud returns to once again rid evil from the Lylat System in this 64-bit remake of the SNES hit.

The main aim of the game is to fly your Arwing through many levels of deadly enemies and huge end bosses with three wingmen (Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare, and Falco Lombardi) following to help you out. Every once in a while, you will also use the Blue Marine submarine and the Landmaster tank. The 15 levels range from forward scrolling levels (much like Panzer Dragoon or some elements of Star Wars Arcade) to full 3D arenas, each with a certain goal to achieve or boss to destroy. The bigger your frags are at the end of each level determines which direction you take on the universe tree, which is split into three levels: easy, medium, and hard. All three link back to the end for the final level. Multiplayer modes are also included, allowing four people to battle in Arwings, or if you complete every objective in the single player missions, they can battle on-foot, where the four main characters run around with laser cannons.

Other Votes: TechnoRage1127 (28.), jasackel (16.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

• Global Moderator

@Nillend Yeah I think stuff in this list also are nostalgia and "being at the right place at the right time". I havnt played papers please either, but people seem to really like it! Don't really feel like picking it up though

• @Lotias I feel you.
    @Exist-2-Inspire I'm pretty sure that star fox 64 isn't from 2015. Unless you meant Star fox zero.

Also, LIFE IS STRANGE!!!! Woooooooooo!!!! Really glad this game made it. Definitely worth playing.

• I'm very glad to see many taking an interest into Papers Please, definitively consider looking it.

I was very skeptical when I looked into it, but it really presents an experience the likes of which are rare in video games, and everything in the game works together in an amazing way. I can also say that an event in the game resulted in the most powerful emotional outburst I've had with any games, movies, books, etc. If you let yourself into the situation the game presents you are not gonna regret it

Besides the game is like 10$, and shouldn't take more than 10 hours to get a few of the endings.

For the last games

Life is Strange:

i didn't think of it for my list, but I maybe should have added it, really liked it despite its shortcomings.

Dragon Quest VIII

meh, I didn't finish it, but I was close to it, it was fun but I'll never go back to it, and probably won't touch other DQ games (other than heroes), the world feels to empty and unreal for me to get into it.

Star Fox 64

I wouldn't put it too high, so I guess it is ok at this spot.

• Crash Team Racing
    I loved this game a lot, but I guess I just don't like the racing genre enough for any to enter my top 30. Honestly though, I preferred Diddy Kong Racing to CTR.

Papers Please
    I haven't played this either. Never did look like my kind of thing.

Kingdom Hearts II
    I adore the series and own every game but 1. I prefer Birth by Sleep and 2. still none managed to break my top 30. Goes to show how many games I love...

Life is Strange
    One of my favourite games of this generation, but again, there's games I like more lol.

Dragon Quest VIII
    This was my first Dragon Quest game and while I did enjoy it, I hold quite a few PS2 Jrpg's over it. I personally like a more ... involved plot, for need of a better word. While DQ was certainly charming, its setting, story and characters aren't all that me.

Star Fox 64
    Fantastic game. Played it over too many times to count, but picking 30 as you know...

• I think CTR is one of my favorite "racing" game just behind OG Mario Kart but alas both didn't make the cut. There were more games I liked more as a whole.
    I also liked KH more than KH 2.
    LiS is such a good game. I remember liking it very much last year and bought it thanks to Huber and Elyse
    Modern Warfare is my favorite first person shooter but those sequels were such a mess and I don't really much care about them but nice that it made the list. Barely.
    Ico was a nice game but I wasn't that much invested in it because I had played Rain before that. Still great though

• Life is Strange, cool. I'm maybe a bit disappointed to myself that it didn't make into my 30, as I really, really liked it when I played it on summer. Got me emotional. Nevertheless, happy to see it here now.

• Global Moderator

I am just worried that one of the games I put high up on my list and hoped for to show up won't show up xD I wont say which it was, but I still hope it comes up on the list!

• 91.Life is Strange
    Not for me, I do hope though that Zombie Horse will LP this someday though, they are hilarious.

90.Dragon Quest VIII
    Amazing JRPG.

89.Star Fox 64
    Great shoot'em up that still holds up very well imo.

• Life is Strange
    Yes, every day. Amazing, turbulent game! Every week, every day—let's play.

Papers, Please
    Of all time?

• Loving the variety thus far! Glad to see some of my choices have made the list. I just started dreading the backlog I'll have after this is all done o_O

• I'm glad Knack hasn't shown up yet, he deserves to be in at least the top 20.

• Little Bonus for today:

alt text
    88. Xenoblade Chronicles (2010) - 65 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #3 Musou Tensei

Developer: Monolith Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS

Life in the world evolved on the bodies of two giant motionless world-gods named Bionis and Mechonis. In this world, Shulk, a young man with mysterious origins, comes across a magical sword named Monado, that allows him to see glimpses of the future. Shulk finds himself caught in the struggle between the humans from Bionis and the machines from Mechonis. Along his quest to defeat the machines he will have to help the inhabitants of Bionis rebuild their world.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a Japanese-style role-playing game with several distinguishing characteristics. Exploring the vast world takes a significant part in the gameplay. Weather and day/night cycle influence the availability of quests and characters. In such an open world it is not uncommon to encounter creatures much stronger than what Shulk and his allies can manage. When the player dies he is teleported to the last save point with no penalty. Objectives can be completed in any order and many side quests are available.

Other Votes: FF7Cloud (10.), Nillend (15.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Mobygames
    Gameplay on Youtube

The next two rankings will have some debate potential for sure! ;)

• @Exist-2-Inspire said in The EZA Top 100 Videogames Countdown!:

Highest Vote: #3 Musou Tensei

Synchronicity. It all falls into place.

• That low? This is the best modern day JRPG, I'm very disappointed, I'm literally shaking right now, I swear if Xenoblade X is on this list I will scream internally.
    :P