Dragon Quest Builders: If You Build It, They Will Come

• @ZyloWolfBane That makes me just want to stay in chapter 1. I really need to finish it but I'm having too much fun with it.

• I completely ignored this game before release because I don't like Minecraft but seeing footage of it and now knowing it has an endgame makes me really want to play it.

• @NeoCweeny I don't like Minecraft either, so I feel you there. At the very least, try out the demo to see if you enjoy it.

• When I got to chapter 2 and found out that you literally lose everything (even recipes and HP upgrades) I was kind of bummed. Having no progression from one chapter to the next kind of sucks, but I'm still really enjoying the game overall. Probably one of my favourite games of 2016 so far.

• @Cypher said in Dragon Quest Builders: If You Build It, They Will Come:

When I got to chapter 2 and found out that you literally lose everything (even recipes and HP upgrades) I was kind of bummed. Having no progression from one chapter to the next kind of sucks, but I'm still really enjoying the game overall. Probably one of my favourite games of 2016 so far.

I'm torn on this.
    On one hand I like the structure and progression (in each chapter) since each chapter ends up playing differently and having a different feel. The second chapter is very different from the first chapter, both in terms of the stuff you have to deal with but also work with. This helps the game stay fresh.
    On the other hand it kinda sucks that you have to start from scratch every single time at chapter start, as you said.
    But overall I think this was a good thing. It helps seperate it from other similar types of games and ends up making the experience more enjoyable.

The only real bummer for me with DQB (which is otherwise a fantastic game) is the free play mode. It's not quite what I wanted it to be.
    But on the other hand I can't wait to see the improvements the second game will have.

• I'm not to bothered by losing my stuff, the only things I truly I miss are my boots for double jump and no fall damage I found in chapter 1.

• Banned

How playable is this on Vita? I heard the framerate is garbo, but I really think I would prefer playing this on the go.

• I'm now in chapter 3 and the game actually throws a feature on me that grinds my gears, those gosh darn breaking blocks that are all over caves, sometimes even 2 or 3 stacked. I really hate them, I hope they are gone again in chapter 4.

• @Musou-Tensei They're fairly easy to avoid, but I know what you mean, I almost ended up trapped due to them once. If it stresses you out too much, you could always relax in the hot baths with Glutimus and Burley.

• I started playing yesterday. I'm enjoying it so far!

• Brandon's review is finally up!

Youtube Video

• I have the demo for PS4 and Vita in the queue. I gotta be honest and say I can't see what makes this game so great, but everyone seems to be loving it.

I'm not totally into Minecraft. But I did sit down with it for a couple of days and could see myself really getting sucked into Survival mode. Once you gather so many resources and craft so much, it's hard for it not to become personal.

This game seems great in that it offers a full action/RPG experience with NPCs. I'll have to get around to trying the demo.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Dragon Quest Builders: If You Build It, They Will Come:

Brandon's review is finally up!

Youtube Video

So I played the demo after watching the EZA review. I noticed one of the gripes was that there was no way to easy way to build multiples of the same thing "having to press X a lot". I noticed you can press Square and it will build as many as possible. Are they not aware of that? I do find it odd that there is no in between. Either build one at a time by pushing X or build 40 pushing Square. Is there any fast way to construct somewhere in between?

• @matt That's what Brandon was referring to, that you either made one or all at once. I'll admit, he didn't phrase it very clearly though, the YouTube comment section was nothing but pointing this out. Brandon is aware though, he talked about it at greater length during one of his Dragon Quest streams. It's a weird oversight on their part though, I wonder if they'll ever patch in a fix.