Selective Creation: Make the Top 25 PSP List!

• Well I'm surprised on the turn-around for these Selective Creations. Maybe I got so used to the life-long marathon that was the mammoth 200 game Kill Your Babies!. Anyway, let's keep to the handhelds, and personally speaking, my personal favorite handheld, the PSP. So let's get to it! As always: Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games that the system will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title per game, then you can give one for every three people that have added after you OR 24 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. If you hate PSP, then get to trolling if that makes you happy.

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 games the Playstation Portable MUST have?

Have fun!

1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

The game that made me buy a PSP.

• 1.crisis core

1. jeane d'arc

love that game to death not a all time great or anything but a quality game with great character

• @Musou-Tensei Y. E. S. (Vigorous head nod)

• 1.Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

1. Jeanne d'Arc
    2. Metal Gear Ac!d 2

I like turn based strategy, I like Metal Gear, and I like card games. The 2 Ac!d games are a combination of all three of these things that has the added bonus of allowing you to open card packs without micro-transactions.

• 1.crisis core

1. jeane d'arc
    2. Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    3. Persona 3 P

I've actually never played with a PSP, but I played in the VITA, not the best version, but had some interesting things in there, and I'll be damned if it is not in the least

• 1.crisis core
    2.jeane d'arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P

5: Wipeout Pure

I still have my Japanese UMD of Wipeout Pure in my games collection, even though I haven't had a PSP in like 9 years. A racing game with speed, soundtrack, replayability, and a good challenge and learning curve.

• 1.crisis core
    2.jeane d'arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure

6. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

I never owned a PSP but I own this particular game. It fixed a lot of problems with the PS1 original like the shady localization and added in the Snow Queen storyline - basically an entirely different way to complete the game. Plus, adjustable difficulty settings and cut scenes... it took the very first RPG I can ever remember playing in my youth and gave it new life for others to appreciate. Jolly.

That also means no more Persona games can get nominated. Sorry Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, you'll have to go elsewhere.

• 1.crisis core
    2.jeane d'arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    6.Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

7. Half-Minute Hero

Because this game was very different and made you think how you played this genre. I've never had more fun on the PSP. I only wish the sequel was easier to play.

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon

Patapon is pure jolly rhythm fun with a great deal of depth to its leveling and crafting systems.

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    9.The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter

One of the first games I got for the system. Really enjoyed it!

• Global Moderator

1.Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter
    11. Tekken: Dark Resurrection

This game was THE game I played on my PSP. It had what the other Tekken games had in terms of gameplay. I THINK this were the part that introduced Devil Jin (I might be wrong though). I played this trying to learn more characters and beat each mode. Then lets not forget the bowling mini game that were in as well. In the end I think that I almost played this more than the main game. I also played VS one of my school mates at the time! fun times.

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter
    11.Tekken: Dark Resurrection
    12.Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Great remake of Rondo of Blood that has the original and even Symphony of the Night as unlockables.

• @Lotias God bless Tekken Bowling. Played that so much on my copy of Tekken Tag Tournament. Yoshimitsu would do the robot if he got a strike. So good.

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter
    13.Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter
    14. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

I was shocked and delighted to see how good a Metal Gear game could be on a portable console. The amount of content in this game is staggering, and building up Mother Base and Fultoning soldiers was addicting. Plus a ton of cool Easter eggs to uncover. Just a joy to play.

• Guys, you are all madmen, you all must love the PSP :), this list is already over halfway after only 12 hours!! Thanks @Brannox for starting this TOP 25 PSP list!

A lot of my favorites are already on it, but strangely the greatest game on the PSP was not yet - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together :heart:!!

This is a timeless classic. It is one of the best tactical rpgs of all time and also a prime example how a remake should be made. The story is deep and engaging with twists and your decisions will lead to different routes/outcomes. The battle system is a masterpiece with tons of job classes, abilities and combinations. There are a lot of recruitable characters, some with unique skills and job classes.The value of this game is very high as you can get hundreds of hours of playtime.

If you have been waiting since Final Fantasy Tactics for the next best thing and have been disappointed by everything released since then (including Disgaea and Agarest, still very fun games), your wait is over.

Tactics Ogre for PSP picks up where FFT left off and is without a doubt the spiritual successor!!

1.Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    2.Jeanne d'Arc
    3.Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    4.Persona 3 P
    5.Wipeout Pure
    7.Half-Minute Hero
    8.Patapon
    10.Daxter
    14.Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    15.Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Love & Respect :purple_heart:

• @BlazingBahamut Yeah... PSP rules... I'm stoked to see my favorite two favorite PSP games on this list, but there are two other franchises I hope get nominated. I'm not going to do so unless the time elapses, but let's be honest, as you point out: Over half the list was compiled in half a day. I can only hope to see three of four games I would be happy to see, but I have no expectations they will be here.

• @BlazingBahamut I was gonna add Tactics Ogre next. Glad someone beat me to it