Scary games for Halloween 2016

• Hello allies! I'm planning on picking up a game, turning of the lights and playing a scary game for Halloween. I've never dealt into the "horror" "mystery games" other than playing the classic resident evils... so I'm looking forward on getting any recommendations from the allies who are into games like this or would like to just suggest one. The shorter the game is, the better, but don't let that hold you down on recommendations.
    BTW I play mostly on my PC, or xbox one.
    Thanks!

• Outlast is pretty great. Couple hours for a playthrough.

• Dead Space is one of my favorite games of all time. Dead Space 2 is also freakin' amazeballs.

Shame they never made a third game.

• I'm really picky with horror in general. Personally, I hate "jump scare" and "gore" horror, but I love tension horror. Aside from classic RE, the only horror game that I personally can recommend is Alien: Isolation (although the game is a roughly 20 hour investment). It has flaws for days, but what the game does well (the tension) it does so damn well.

• Kholat. A beautiful little treasure that is based on real-life event, but still requires you to have an open mind.if you're looking for the vibes, it's there.

• I'll always recommend Silent Hill 2 & 3 (avoid the remasters if you can) for its psychological impact and they really don't focus on jump scares quite as much as a lot of the modern contemporaries.

I haven't played Amensia: The Dark Descent or Layers of Fear, but I've heard good things about both, so they may be worth checking out.

Finally... SOMA. It's not exactly horror but it builds a great amount of tension and atmosphere while mixing in a stellar sci-fi story.

• @SabotageTheTruth I would second the SOMA recommendation as well. While it isn't really horror (when it tries to be a horror game it falls flat), but the storyline is definitely worth playing for if you're into "hard" sci-fi

• I have the perfect answer: Neverending Nightmares. The game is about a oppressive and psychological mood. The game is two hours long, cost 15 dollars and is available on GOG and Steam.
    Others allies already gave the other correct answers :)

• I've never played a horror game before so I might try one of these out for Halloween this year.

• I've been dying to play the first one on this list.

• Girlfriend and I are replaying Until Dawn for Halloween. Love that game. I can only imagine how frustrated David Cage is that two brothers did with their first game what he's been trying to do over four.

• Ill definitely be playing some of your recommendations, thank you! :D

If I had a PS4 that's the one I would be playing, I'm really looking forward on getting it when I do get the PS4.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.