Planet Earth II!

• With narration delivered by Sir David Attenborough and music composed by Hans Zimmer.
    I am filled to the brim with inner joy. I want a 4K HDR TV for this more than any game.

I don't know who I should thank, but from the bottom of my soul, thank you!

If anyone hasn't seen the first documentary series, I believe it's on Netflix. Go watch it, it's beautiful and cozy.

• I was thinking about posting something about this last night :D
    Some of those shots are insanely good, and I have no idea how they got them. That low angle shot walking with the elephants is just God-tier. I do also wonder if one day we'll be able to watch documentaries like these in VR. That would take everything to a whole new level!

• Awesome! And David Attenborough is narrating! I'll definitely check it out!

• @naltmank VR tours maybe, but shots like this is directed and taken by super talented people. VR can't take that into account. Also, seeing a crew lying around would be kinda weird ;)

• @Fridge-man Oh yeah for sure, not like this. There's a crazy amount of artistry involved in programs like these. I meant more like, chilling in the Savannah and stuff next to a watering hole. Maybe Morgan Freeman whispers sweet nothings about the wild into your ear as you lie there. That kind of stuff.

• @naltmank Now that I would pay for!

• Global Moderator

I LOVED Planet earth, so I just can't wait to watch this! Sir David Attenborough are THE man when it comes to narration. At the same time things like this makes me sad.. the nature are AMAZING, yet us as humanity have managed to FUBAR it within the short time we have existed.

• The original Planet Earth was one of the things that got me to make the jump to a HDTV. This will probably get me to buy a 4K set sooner rather than later.

• It's amazing that I've seen plenty of these sorts of documentaries a and such, and yet this trailer is impressed the hell out of me.

• @Nillend I think it's because even though there are tons of nature documentaries, Planet Earth has always been at the forefront of pushing the medium beyond education to the layman. They truly want to make people understand and believe in the majesty of nature, and why it's worth saving. The original had some shots that had never been seen before (or really thought possible) in a nature documentary, and it looks like they've done it again with this one. They actually got in some trouble with the scientific community a while back because they faked some shots, but that's because they were servicing the story and the tone. I think if the product gets more people involved, and potentially more funding towards these causes, then they can do whatever they want.

• Looks like I need to go back an watch the original again! I don't think I've seen it since it originally aired

• That trailer got me all teary-eyed. This planet is wonderful.

• I had legitimately confused the title of this with the title of the movie trailer below, so I was super confused to see everyone praising it. Now I just see that I'm a doofus. Ah well, it gives me reason to actually check out the first movie and see what I've been missing.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.