Backlog

• @Billy Yeah I know what you mean. Its definitely at the top of my list though, but also since I've been moving around to different apartments and stuff I haven't even brought all my consoles/games over from my parent's house. It'll happen in time haha

• I just play what I fancy at any given time really. I don't tend to think of what I have left or how many.

I personally finish my games quickly, my end times always seem to be drastically under other what other people have. I wouldn't say I rush my games though. To me rushing would be a deliberate act where you are indeed trying to get through it as fast as possible. My speedruns aside, I don't do that, I just tend to get through them quickly in general.

I mostly avoid side stuff now though. There are a few exceptions but for the vast majority of games I find that I get both my money's worth and just as memorable an experience by completing the core story/campaign/missions alone. I've gone back and mopped up in a few games here and there, but never felt I missed anything worthwhile by not investing more time on my first time around. Moving on to a brand new game has always been the better choice.

• @Ringedwithtile yeah that's what i figured. I don't feel any enjoyment in just finishing them for the sake of crossing them off a list

• @GoTaco i have a note book on my phone of games i keep track of

• @The_Andredal I'm facing that exact problem myself. There are just way too many games I have to play. But instead of just trying to beat it as quickly as possible, I instead try to devote my procrastination time into it. So instead of watching youtube vids all day and just 9gag or whatever. Turns out I waste a lot of my time doing nothing. And when I get really into a game, that's all I want to end up doing anyways. Wake up, fire up the game. Keep playing until I realize I should probably sleep now I don't want to be passed out in class tomorrow.

I did feel rushed though recently, with Mafia 3 coming out. I wanted to experience 1 & 2 first. I was very impatient with Mafia 1. The game just did not age well at all, the driving was not that fun, and there were just too many parts of the game where it was drive here to here. And I was getting real tired of it and just wanted to teleport there or fast travel instead, but there wasn't an option to do that. It's just when there are really boring things you have to do repeatedly in games that I get impatient, like pleeease just get this over with. I don't want to do this anymore.

Hopefully you can time manage your gaming time more and enjoy more. Not sure if I helped at all. But take it easy and enjoy your games.

• I actually decided as a New Year's resolution to make absolutely no video game purchases for myself this year. So far I have gained through gifts or free games more games than I ever imagined possible. While I have missed out on several Triple-A releases in 2016, I do not feel I have missed out on enjoying gaming. I've focused on playing games I already have and love, and on playing my backlog. I've been able to go back and thoroughly enjoy playing games I own already such as Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3. I've also taken Ian Hinck's stance of playing a game only as long as I enjoy it. So while I enjoyed exploring Final Fantasy 13 I stopped playing it because I was done. Sure I'm looking forward to buying several new games on January 1st, but this year has been a wonderful year in gaming for me. And frankly my backlog is much shorter and much lower stress.

• Banned

I'm on the last or second to last level of Tomb Raider. I lack the motivation to finish.

• @Art Well... Hang it up and move on. This is what YouTube is for.

• @Musou-Tensei HUMONGOUS WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

• I've come to the realization that, as a full-time worker, dad, and husband, I'm not forcing anything. I'll play what I want to play when I get a chance to play. Making a backlog challenge only felt like a chore. I, however, am not stoping buying games when they are on sale! :)

• @guiltyofbeing i second everything you just said. I think I bought like 10 games when Best Buy had this preowned $5 game sale. Even though I spend most of my time playing Skate, every now and then I'll start and finish something.

Spec Ops: The Line was fairly short but was difficult to get through only because I could get to it like once a week.

• Backlog is for when the retirement hits.

• In my opinion a Backlog is dumb. ppl should get the idea that its a badge of honor out of their heads. Its not. Its pointless. There are plenty of games out there that will give you absolutely nothing for playing except a moment of entertainment that can be achieved by many games. Most games on a backlog will never impact your life in any meaningful way whether they are played or not. I think its best to live in the moment, play what appeals to you and if you ever have time revisit games that have made an impact in the industry if you feel so inclined. I think its best to focus on being more mindful of the games we do play. Like life we rush through things never fully taking it all in. Instead of making monumental lists and tasks of games to beat, take a moment and practice mindfulness when playing a game. Take it all in, absorb every moment of it, its environment, its characters its story and enjoy it. You'll save yourself stress and money by avoiding the backlog hype that steam and other devs thrive off. More people buy and not play games now then they ever have.

• @CGamor7
    "Take it all in, absorb every moment of it, its environment, its characters its story and enjoy it."
    Is the only part I agree with... also the reason why my backlog is so big XD

• My backlog is why i stopped being a completionist,i very rarely spend time collecting knick knacks for a platinum anymore but i won't stop playing a game like Overwatch even though i make no progress on my backlog doing so. I do however want to progress more than i have until now.

• @Stephleref said in Backlog:

My backlog is why i stopped being a completionist,i very rarely spend time collecting knick knacks for a platinum anymore but i won't stop playing a game like Overwatch even though i make no progress on my backlog doing so. I do however want to progress more than i have until now.

All I can see is