NX (NOW NINTENDO SWITCH) REVEALED TODAY

• @Musou-Tensei said in NX (NOW NINTENDO SWITCH) REVEALED TODAY:

Apparently the disgusting investors aren't happy.

Silly Nintendo forgot to mention microtransactions in the trailer, so obviously the investors don't understand the appeal ;)

• @matt I totally understand. My game library for it is small, but almost everything I own for it is a high quality title: FF VII: Crisis Core, both God of War's, Both Dissidia's, Resistance: Retribution, the first two Final Fantasies and of course, KH: Birth by Sleep. I do agree with it not meeting that promise of the same overall quality of at home gaming, but for me, it does a great job with the games I enjoy. But hey, at least there are games on almost every platform that are great!

• @Musou-Tensei most of them arent happy that they make video games

i always like investor meetings for shit like this

“I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as “what the future of video games should be,” while I, for one, was flabbergasted that Mr. Iwata continues to hold his position although he had said that he would resign if the company’s performance were bad.”

I hope that Nintendo’s shareholders’ meeting will become an opportunity where the shareholders discuss the company’s business operations from the viewpoints of capital gain and dividend”

• If the rumors of 3 hours max battery life are true, that's pretty disappointing. I have a battery grip on my Vita, but even without it, i think i was getting 4- 5 hours.

• @TokyoSlim i would take those rumors with huge grains of salt, that implies the rumors have actual knowledge of the final product with extended use

• Pretty happy with it overall. Only concerns are the detachable controller looks so uncomfortable and that battery rumour is extremely disappointing.

• @TokyoSlim 3 hours battery life sounds rather realistic to me. My 3DS doesn't last longer than that, nor do current tablets in my experience. At least not if they are used for high-end gaming.

• @Galaxy40k
    Speaking of WiiU ports what all do you think will be ported outside of Smash, MK8, an Splatoon, Which I think were the only rumored games so far

• An average 3 hours of playtime is what I'd consider the bare minimum for a mobile gaming device, and certainly not the standard. Note that I said average, and not maximum. 3 hours maximum does not sound great.

Hopefully, if this rumor/leak is accurate, it's just a dev kit issue and the final retail device has a better battery.

• I was showing my wife the announcement trailer. She looked at me and said, "yeah, but it's Nintendo, they'll find some way to screw it up."

I couldn't argue.

• This is the most hyped I've been for a gaming machine in a looooong time. This thing is perfect. I expect this will be a day one purchase for me.

-I love how seamless the transition from console to portable is
    -I love the new pro controller. Finally Nintendo went back to the superior asymmetrical analogue placement. Being symmetrical made no gosh darn sense.
    -I'm just dreaming of all the awesome experiences I'll be able to take everywhere with ease. Dragon Quest XI, The Legend of Zelda the Breath of the Wild, Super Mario....

• @Art said in NX (NOW NINTENDO SWITCH) REVEALED TODAY:

@Sheria said in NX REVEALED TODAY:

None of the situations in the video are realistic.

You mean you don't play basketball with your friends on your Switch after playing a game of basketball in real life with your friends?

Sorry, my bad. You're right. I'm a woman in her 30's and when my friends beckon me over to join their roof party, I'm going to take my current save state of Super Mario-Switch across to liven things up.

• framerate drops in the trailer, it'll be ironed out I guess but its disappointing to still see it, but what's bad is how the dock gives 0 performance boost. the third party support is nice but the problem is they already showed a list like that for the Wii U and they jumped ship. more news are coming out that says the 2 3rd party games revealed (Skyrim and NBA) won't even be coming, 3 hour battery life, and specs weaker than the 360.
    if it ain't $250, it ain't worth my money

• The weirdest thing about this is that Skyrim Special Edition still isn't confirmed for it. Bethesda technically doesn't have any announced games.

And sorry to burst bubbles, but Elder Scrolls VI ain't gonna be on Switch. Howard has been quoted as saying that game is years away, as well as "not possible with current technology." So not only will it probably fall after the Switch's timeframe, but it's probably trying to do high fidelity VR for a mass market, which won't work until at least PS5.

• Man, I'm just sitting here wondering/thinking about how they'll handle power management between three separate batteries in handheld mode. Are there going to be three different battery indicators on screen? What happens if your +controller runs out of juice and your -controller still has half a charge?

Is the only way to charge them by plugging them into the screen unit or dogface (if it's even got a battery pack), or do they have charging ports on each unit?

If your controllers run out of juice and you plug them back into the main unit to charge, could it drain you enough to effect whether or not the main unit stays powered on?

I have so many questions stemming from the weird form factor!

• @Haru17 said in NX (NOW NINTENDO SWITCH) REVEALED TODAY:

The weirdest thing about this is that Skyrim Special Edition still isn't confirmed for it. Bethesda technically doesn't have any announced games.

And sorry to burst bubbles, but Elder Scrolls VI ain't gonna be on Switch. Howard has been quoted as saying that game is years away, as well as "not possible with current technology." So not only will it probably fall after the Switch's timeframe, but it's probably trying to do high fidelity VR for a mass market, which won't work until at least PS5.

Howard is a joke.

• @Sheria Cool. He also runs a company, so when he says "We're. Not. Making. This. Right. Now." with two exclamation points, you might want to take his word for it.

• There is so much potential for this to be the perfect console for me. I'll be moving around for the foreseeable future, so I can't justify the purchase of a TV. I was getting super bummed about missing so much of this generation, but this console changes everything. A handheld that can play full console-release level games? Hell yeah! Not to mention the potential for virtual console (Gamecube games on the go!!), as well as dream-level Pokemon games, and this could become my favorite system ever.

• @Haru17 Cool. I still takes what he says with a pinch of salt.

• Sorry, he's not Molneaux. :/