NX (NOW NINTENDO SWITCH) REVEALED TODAY

• @gerrhod
    Considering how last minute the announcement is, probably not

• We need a Red Dead Redemption remaster + Red Dead Redemption 2 NX announcement.

• @DMCMaster said in NX to be REVEALED TOMORROW:

@gerrhod
    Considering how last minute the announcement is, probably not

Hard to say, some of those guys like Brandon and Blood never sleep lol.

• @ZyloWolfBane
    True, They are "The Sleepless"

• @ZyloWolfBane It's fact checking season: 6:45 a.m.

• @Haru17 said in NX to be REVEALED TOMORROW:

@ZyloWolfBane It's fact checking season: 6:45 a.m.

Yeah I recall seeing Damiani saying on twitter that it was happening, just hadn't seen a time yet till now lol.

I figured if anyone would be doing it, it'd be him if even by himself.

• So, a 3-minute teaser reveal, that means they definitely won't show us everything.

What can we expect to actually see tonight?

• I'd say the name for sure, they can't keep calling it NX if that's the first official trailer.
    • They will show the console itself, as well as the controller, in its various shapes and forms.
    • Footage and brief explanation of the hybrid concept illustrated by Breath of the Wild gameplay.
    • Teaser montage of upcoming games, maybe even just a list of names/logos, that would be terrific. Imagine just a Mario hat, the Metroid logo...
    • Followed by the date of the full reveal.

The end. Everyone throws up.

• @Axel
    With that said I imagine a full reveal happening in January, possibly late December depending if Nintendo has enough to strike out with after PSX

• @Axel said in NX to be REVEALED TOMORROW:

So, a 3-minute teaser reveal, that means they definitely won't show us everything.

What can we expect to actually see tonight?

• I'd say the name for sure, they can't keep calling it NX if that's the first official trailer.
    • They will show the console itself, as well as the controller, in its various shapes and forms.
    • Footage and brief explanation of the hybrid concept illustrated by Breath of the Wild gameplay.
    • Teaser montage of upcoming games, maybe even just a list of names/logos, that would be terrific. Imagine just a Mario hat, the Metroid logo...
    • Followed by the date of the full reveal.

The end. Everyone throws up.

I'm not even expecting that much, I'm fully expecting a 3 minute montage of their launch window lineup. And that's it. Maybe an expected quarter for release, meaning no solid date, and definitely not even a solid indication it'll even be that quarter because that's usually more of a placeholder than anything else.

If this were a Nintendo Direct, I'd be a bit more excited. But this "Teaser" fills me with even more doubt than their silence was doing before.

• I just want to see the concept of the NX like the Wii Concept reveal trailer when they showed the Wii remote. I think they want to convey the concept of the system and the name.

• A man walks onto a stage in a tailored suit. He looks upset. The camera pans to the ground. A bloodied, white glove is seen. Zoom out to show Mario's corpse. The man in the suit begins sobbing uncontrollably. Uncomfortable zoom in on his right cheek, watching the tears drip down. Pan back down to the ground, his tears have formed the logo for Half Life 3. An air horn plays in the distance. No release date is shown.

• So how is Nintendo going to screw this thing's name up? Is it going to be the "Nintendo Go" or "NiMo" or something goofy? Surely they won't go for sedate and understated, will they?

• @TokyoSlim Oh no, I forgot the thing won't be called "NX" forever... A good name would make me so happy. At the very least, it won't be as unwieldy as "Wii U", right? Right?!

• @SabotageTheTruth said in NX to be REVEALED TOMORROW:

A man walks onto a stage in a tailored suit. He looks upset. The camera pans to the ground. A bloodied, white glove is seen. Zoom out to show Mario's corpse. The man in the suit begins sobbing uncontrollably. Uncomfortable zoom in on his right cheek, watching the tears drip down. Pan back down to the ground, his tears have formed the logo for Half Life 3. An air horn plays in the distance. No release date is shown.

That sounds like the worst cringe-y, upvoted /r/gaming fan art post.

I love it.

• @Billy
    Well I assume they are going to try and pick a name that doesn't cause as much confusion that the Wii U name did. And I get a feeling they pick a name that may have a nostalgic ring to it (Like NES, SNES)
    Then again they may still call it NX during this reveal, with a full direct reveal giving the official name

• It'l be called the WiiToo or WiiPro (Take that Sony!, HA!)

• I am not a nintendo fan, but this post on /r/NintendoNX made me cry.

I recommend reading the full post, but here it is, "For Iwata":

I just had to write this down when I came to this realization; this is your last goodbye. To your fans. To the industry. To the world. I've never been as hyped for any console as much as this, and while the wait was agonizing... I'll look at whatever Nintendo will show us; whatever that is, it's your last console. Your last creation. The thing you left behind while still in development, but entirely certain that your employees worked night and day to make it true to your beliefs:

Videogames are only meant to be one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone.

Tomorrow is finally the day. That's what I'm expecting to see on the screen tomorrow; there will be hundreds of reaction videos, thousands of posts, and millions of comments.

You made it happen. From the sophomore student who made games using a calculator and washing dishes to buy a new computer to the one who rose to be the incarnation of Nintendo's "happy-go-lucky" attitude.

This is for you, Iwata.

Whatever it is.

You made it happen. For us.

Thank you.

• If it uses the Wii brand they won't fuck it up with any "redemption," "revengance," or "resurrection" nonsense.

It'll be the Wii 3 and that'll be that. Much more likely they build off of the Gameboy or DS brands, though (as much as I'd love the Wii 3 or "Wiii"). Or make up something new that connotes portability.

• @Haru17 I wouldn't be crushed if it was. That's something that offers a new experience to my entertainment life, unlike a wannabe Xbox One/PS4.

• Banned

I hope they don't continue to use the Wii name. It's synonymous with disappointment. Better to start fresh.