Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO)

• Well, here it is

Looks nice. Doesn't seem to tell us much though.

• Banned

Rockstar should stray away from designing large cities more often.

• Also, this is a nice get for Sony:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

"...Now, following up Grand Theft Auto V — one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time — Rockstar is set to return with Red Dead Redemption 2, the latest entry in the Red Dead series of games. And there’s no better place to play it than PlayStation.
    Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
    We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.
    In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West."

• A year,sweet!

the title tho :/

• Banned

@Sleepychino69 Redemption 2: The Redemptioning

• @Art said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

@Sleepychino69 Redemption 2: The Redemptioning

much better
    alt text

• Cool first glimpse at the game, it looks gorgeous.

BUT I WANNA SEE MORE NOW!!!!!

• Not much to say at the moment.
    Game looks nice, the 7 people in the art are dudes, we will most likely be getting an online mode similar to the one we got in GTA5 in RDR2.

Should be good since it's Rockstar though.

• Banned

@suplextrain said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

the 7 people in the art are dudes

[patriarchy intensifies]

• @Sleepychino69 said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

A year,sweet!

the title tho :/

You have to consider at least two delays these days.

• too far away, very short trailer. Like what I saw though. :D

• @Art said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

[patriarchy intensifies]

I'm only saying this since in the stream people thought one of the horsemen looked like a woman, no point in getting people's hopes up.

Here'sa cleared image of the art if people want to take a closer look at what is potentially our 7 main characters.
    http://imgur.com/a/wH28g

• Kinda has that magnificent seven vibe going. Wonder if we'll be playing as each of them for different aspects of the game. I kinda imagine this is a prequel with the gang John Marston was in, kinda see them planning and pulling off big heist and stuff, not unlike GTA V. Looks great, love the lighting with the campfire at night in the woods. Rockstar is top notch so I have high hopes.

• Unpopular opinion: I was not wowed with the original Red Dead Redemption. There's something about this short trailer that has me extremely excited though. Tone? Music usage? I'm not entirely sure but it just works.

• @suplextrain said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

@Art said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

[patriarchy intensifies]

I'm only saying this since in the stream people thought one of the horsemen looked like a woman, no point in getting people's hopes up.

Here'sa cleared image of the art if people want to take a closer look at what is potentially our 7 main characters.
    http://imgur.com/a/wH28g

Is anyone really surprised that Rockstar are making another male focused game though? It's their thing to a certain extent.

• Yep. Looks like a western.

• @SabotageTheTruth Second unpopular opinion: Neither have I :-)

I've been watching Red Dead Revisited as a means to be exposed to RDR for the first time and I gotta say, with it nearly complete, it's not my thing. However, this trailer was really good. Next-gen hardware is in full effect and though it was only 1 minute, I really dug the vibe it was going for.

I am incredibly happy today happened. A lot of good vibes going on right now.

• @Brannox I can almost never get into a game by watching someone else play through it. Games are not movies and satisfying mechanics, immersion, and etc. are better experienced first hand.

Like if I'd never played tetris before, I'd think it was super boring and frustrating from watching Bosman play it because I have no agency, and therefore nothing invested in the outcome. Don't write of RDR just because watching Brandon enjoy it isn't making you want to enjoy it.

That's not to say, it's going to click with everyone, but I feel like watching a let's play is below the minimum amount of effort needed to know whether or not you like something.

I can't watch someone else eat and tell whether or not I'm gonna find the dish tasty. Sometimes you just gotta get your hands dirty.

• @TokyoSlim Quite true, however, please allow me to respond in the order of your points:

Games' interactivity is what makes them so phenomenal, and in my opinion, the best form of entertainment.

I think Tetris clicks better for me, even though I haven't played it in many years, because its MUCH simpler than a complex game like RDR. The thing about Bos v. Woz that gets me is when he goes into his bits. Its a fun time, don't get me wrong, but I feel if focused more on convos with chat OR talk about the music that gets submitted, he becomes more focused, the tetrises become more frequent and it provides a more enjoyable experience. I don't have to play the game to see that I like the game for what it is.

I do not write off RDR not because of Mr. Jones's enjoyment. It is that VERY enjoyment (plus I like to see things through) is why I keep going back to Red Dead Revisited. It's a jolly time. Granted, I can almost never watch streams live because of that irritating thing called life, but when I can grab the archive, it's a real positive to my week.

I DO write off Red Dead because from what I've seen, the story is one that hasn't gripped me. Some stranger missions have provided a few chuckles, but on the whole, as I'm typing this, the thoughts in my mind when I think "Red Dead" are: A LOT of horse riding, not much in the musical score (in terms of variation, which isn't a bad thing, but I like just a dash more variety. Understandable for the time period, but still), more horse riding, and characters, with the exception of Marston, Bonnie, and the sheriff, that are mostly forgettable.

I'm not into Westerns to begin with, but (as I often do and it typically ends up biting me) I was curious as to why so many people love it.

To give you an example, I was HIGH on E3 2015 hype. The year of dreams. Sony, just absolutely CRUSHING their conference with the announcements of a returning Last Guardian, the kickstarter of Shenmue III and my personal favorite, the promise of a FF VII: Remake (And of course Mr. Huber's reaction. Watching that is now a yearly E3 tradition for me :-P ) I was SO happy for us gamers. I thought: Hell, everyone's SUPER stoked on Last Guardian. Let me get Ico and SotC (Games I'm predicted in the top 10 over in the EZA community thread by the way). Bought 'em. Played 'em. Hate 'em. Now I know the Last Guardian will get some love, but I won't be pursuing it. Once again, I had been burned by trying games because other people were so high on them and I wasn't initially into them.

This is why watching a stream is better for me. I hope one of the Allies does a Half-life or Half-Life 2 stream, or even a full playthrough of Final Fantasy IX: Games held with such high praise, that I've never played, packaged in a format that is more consumable to me. Once again, YES, the essence of it is lost, for the most part, without having the experience yourself. It's just a, (for lack of a more proper term) safer bet for me.

As far as your food example, I'm not entirely in agreement on, but I do understand your point.

Thank you for providing me an opportunity for a great discussion! Love and Respect.

• I know I'm in a minority when I say I don't really like open world games. While I've enjoyed a couple of them, as somebody whose limit on gaming comes from time more than money, I find massive, mediocre games to be not worth playing compared to smaller, tighter games with a greater "quality density."

Despite not liking GTA or open world games in general, I LOVED Red Dead Redemption. Why? The novelty of that Western setting. The superb writing. The tragedy of the fall of the West. RDR was the perfect Western video game, and my main concern for RDR2 is that it cannot possibly be any better. It did everything the West could do. I mean sure RDR2 can be a better game, but can it have that same impact as RDR1? I hope Rockstar takes a different angle on the West, maybe by making your character an actual outlaw doing robberies and stuff.