Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO/PC)

• Great game, incredible open world that resulted into a lot of hilarity and unexpected crazy things happening. Disappointing combat/shooting. The controls felt so off that I started to just use the auto aim which made shooting super simple and boring unfortunately. Press L2, rise the aim a little, head shot, repeat.

The story and especially the story telling was top notch. Lost some steam as it went along but I won't go into it here as it's somewhat spoilery stuff.

Strong nine for me and the online stuff might raise even that.

• Ok something odd I think I've noticed in the Epilogue

Spoiler Is it me or is John's face all wrong, I swear he looks completely different from RDR1, and how he looks in earlier scenes in the game

• And done, well almost, 77%, not sure if or when I will get around to finishing the compendium, but the Epilogue is complete and damn is it good.
    I hope we see more Epilogues like this out of Rockstar for whatevers next.
    Now hopefully we get some single player DLC and not just a flood of multiplayer stuff, like spinners for horses.

Also I'm curious as to where they can take Redemption next taking back to the golden days of the wild west could be interesting, or maybe do another Revolver that doesn't take itself at seriously as Redemption.

• I bought today The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition. What a beautiful book. So. Much. Info. This is honestly perfect now in the post-game world for collecting all the stuff, seeing info about animal whereabouts, and to just realize that there is a ton of secrets still just waiting to be discovered. Unique individuals and secret places etc. I'm not gonna look all those up, at least immediately, as this just encourages me to explore the world even further.

• Only 6 hours in, and i have been spending 200$+ on nothing but weapon parts. Now my six shooter's made out of blackened steel with gold art nouveau engravings, and i have a shiny silver double barrel shotgun too. Hoping for more cool guns and customization down the road, i can see myself sticking to the Schofield when i get it (just like in RDR1) but i'm betting there's some revolvers that only obtainable after a side mission or something, that would be too good of an extra content to pass up.

• Global Moderator

I imagine I'm near the end of chapter 5 now. My opinions haven't changed much from earlier posts but as I said I'm very much enjoying the story. I came to post just to say that some of the tracks used in chapter 5 are pretty wild. They feel a bit out of place but I'm kinda okay with it.

I've basically decided to just stick with the main story now as I've found a lot of the stranger quests to be pretty disappointing and I'm glad that there have been a few standout main missions now.

Edit: oh, actually a mission into chapter 6, did not realise that.

• @tokeeffe9
    There's a handful of really good ones in chapter 6, I dont want to spoil them, but it's the one set of stranger missions that almost feels like a cut main story mission that they didn't know where to place it with all the other story missions.

Also I need the RDR2 OST badly

• Finished chapter 6, i love the characters developments through the story, after i finish the epilogue and maybe %100 the game i really want to play RDR1.( i played it but never finished it)

• I really want to blast through this game just because i dont have much time to play games recently, but i just can't. This is easily the most invested i have ever been in a Rockstar game. The amount of detail in everything just makes world feel so alive. There's so much interaction too. Being able to greet random people while visiting the towns is one of the highlights of this game for me, honestly. The time period also makes exploring the world so relaxing, there's so little distractions here, most of the time it's just you and your horse galloping through a nature-dominated landscape. It eases me to the game's slower pace pretty quickly. I can't see myself beating this game anytime soon, and i think that might a good thing this time around.

• @tokyoslim

They say the game camera adds about 20 lbs

• @tokyoslim Bass are notably airy fish

• I'm really not sure what happened there. Best guess is that it's a bugged model. You could see the fish swimming around from the shore. Looked like a friggin shark or something.

I knew it wasn't a Legendary, because I'd just finished catching the Legendary Perch at that spot. Took me about 15 to 20 min to get it to bite. Caught six other largemouth bass before this one hit the lure. Kinda disappointed that this didn't trigger the achievement for a 19+ lb fish

Put it on the back of my horse, sold it for $2.

• @tokyoslim Just did a quick length-weight conversion on that species. Assuming it's about 4 ft (larger than the maximum recorded size) that fish should be close to 120 lb.

• @naltmank I think 4 feet is conservative. Definitely waaay bigger than this little fella.

Youtube Video

• @tokyoslim Yeah it's probably closer to 6 ft in hindsight, but idk how tall Arthur is. Figure Arthur is 6 ft-ish and that fish is a little shorter than his wingspan. I chopped a foot off on each side but it's probably more like 4 in. In my defense, error bars on visual estimates for fish size go way up once you pass 40 cm, so I'm not alone in just failing with fish that big!

• 2_1542231124762_Bootlegger.jpg 1_1542231124762_bootlegger 2.jpg 0_1542231124759_Arthur Morgan.jpg

• @tokyoslim I've been playing RDR2 for so long that I can not understand Arthur not looking like my Arthur. Just not right. Though impressive.

• @inustar This is the OG trilby that I've been rocking since the beginning of the game, but I've recently taken to wearing a tricorn that I found while exploring a shipwreck. It's ridiculous.

• Went and posed for a professional portrait today.
    0_1542256818235_Arthur.jpg