Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO/PC)

• I may say though that one of the reasons the score of red dead redemption may not seem that good to you is that you're not immersed in the gameplay and story as you would be if you were playing . The score in RDR is masterful, in my opinion. First ride into Mexico may be one of the most memorable scored scenes in video gaming.

• @TokyoSlim Fair point. When he got to Mexico, I was REALLY anticipating the song. As I was hearing it, and watching Marston traverse the trails... I wasn't impressed. Because THAT moment is SO thought of, I went to YouTube to give the song a completely singular experience. Still didn't like it. Less even. Just not my type of song I guess.

• @TokyoSlim & @Brannox that arrival in Mexico is one of my favourite gaming memories. When I first played through RDR the weather system gave me a massive storm that really heightened the moment. So much so that instead of galloping down the trail I slowed my horse down to a nice gentle trot and took in the scenery and song.

• I was extremely underwhelmed why this "trailer" - Which should've been called a teaser trailer.

It felt like such a bad trailer that my hype for the game is pretty much gone for now. I know its going to look good.

• Well, I called it a teaser trailer.

• Global Moderator

Thought it was a pretty poor trailer for the way they were building up.

The whole thing just makes me think Rockstar absolutely bottled this. They started off with a blaze. Two images that built up crazy hype.

Then day 3 comes and things started to fall flat, calling it RDR2, releasing it a year away and day 4 we get a short teaser trailer with 60 seconds of it in 'cinematic mode' and the last 9 seconds of what appeared to be gameplay instantly looking worse.

I just don't understand why Rockstar announced this now. People say rockstar do what they want, but they really don't. They do the same thing everyone else does. Announce way too early and probably delay the game.

And this is all before I even talk about how concerned I am about RDR Online and this sony MP exclusive stuff. All pointing to a game not focusing on single player.

• @tokeeffe9 Why are you concerned with RDR online and Sony exclusive MP stuff?
    RDR online was great in the first game and PS3 had exclusive content too.

• A teaser trailer is just intended to give you a feel for the world and overall tone of the story, real gameplay and other details will be worked out with full length trailers. They've produced so many high quality games that I would have to institutionalize myself if I started doubting them. Patience, friends!

• @SabotageTheTruth
    I'm in very much the same boat as you. I wasn't really disappointed in anything besides the title of the game. I would have preferred something like Red Dead Revenge or something along those lines instead of Red Dead Redemption 2, but I get it, that 2 is probably going to help them sell more (but will it need that help really?). Otherwise I thought this teaser trailer was great, basically gave us an idea of how the game world is gonna look but no real details of what the game is going to be about. This seems like standard Rockstar to me, all the newer GTAs have that one trailer where it's basically exactly like this one, gives you an idea of the world you'll be playing in but not much else. Down the road I except we'll get a number of trailers focusing on gameplay/story/mechanics/etc. this was just to whet the appetite for this new game, letting everyone know, yes this is a thing and yes it looks beautiful, I wasn't excepting much more.

• Global Moderator

@El-Shmiablo Just because I prefer single player. GTA Online is huge now and I imagine that's what they'll keep chasing but I don't like GTA online at all.

• @tokeeffe9 I agree with everything you said. Note, this doesn't even touch my opinions on how disgusting it is they are intentionally delaying the PC release so they can double-dip gamers.

And I don't want to hear anyone say they "need more time" - GTA5 has made them at least $3 Billion, and regularly making hundreds of millions in pure profit from GTA Online Shark Cards. There is no way you can argue that they can't manage to release a game on PS4 and Xbox One at the same time.

The path that Red Dead Redemption 2 is on pretty much means that Rockstar is dead to me. At least, the Rockstar that created the Ballad of Gay Tony. Maybe the new rockstar can manage to make a decent online experience, but I simply don't care. There's plenty of cash grab multiplayer games.

• 2018 game.

• Revolver was better than Redemption. Yeah. I went there.

• This thread has taken a strange and unsettling turn.

• Call of Juarez is the best western ever released.

Okay, I'm just trying to pick a fight at this point, I'll see myself out.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

Call of Juarez is the best western ever released.

Okay, I'm just trying to pick a fight at this point, I'll see myself out.

Which one? Gunslinger and I might agree.

• @Sheria I was referring to the first one which I got for free, and still refused to play past 5 minutes.

In all seriousness, I enjoyed Gun a lot. I'd say I want a true sequel but... this town is only big enough for one quality western-themed game. Yeehaw!

@Sheria I was referring to the first one which I got for free, and still refused to play past 5 minutes.

In all seriousness, I enjoyed Gun a lot. I'd say I want a true sequel but... this town is only big enough for one quality western-themed game. Yeehaw!

Gun or Gunslinger? lol. Sorry this could go on for a long time.

• @Sheria Activision's Gun from 2005. Who is on first again?

@Sheria Activision's Gun from 2005. Who is on first again?

Revolver was about a year before GUN. Gunslinger was a lot later though.