Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO/PC)

• @Sheria I've only played local multiplayer on Red Dead Revolver and didn't have a great time. Can't really speak much for the story since I never gave it a go but... apparently it was just released this month for PS4?

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

@Sheria I've only played local multiplayer on Red Dead Revolver and didn't have a great time. Can't really speak much for the story since I never gave it a go but... apparently it was just released this month for PS4?

Yeah, just the other day. I love the game personally, but it's quite a different game. Revolver is less grounded and more of an arcade experience;that's what makes it more of a "game"for a more open and emotional experience though, redemption has it beat. Don't expect the two to be anything alike.

• I don't see how everyone are so down on the trailer, considering it has 4.6 million views and 97% likes. Clearly they did something right.

@Stormcrownn said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

@tokeeffe9 I agree with everything you said. Note, this doesn't even touch my opinions on how disgusting it is they are intentionally delaying the PC release so they can double-dip gamers.

And I don't want to hear anyone say they "need more time" - GTA5 has made them at least $3 Billion, and regularly making hundreds of millions in pure profit from GTA Online Shark Cards. There is no way you can argue that they can't manage to release a game on PS4 and Xbox One at the same time.

The path that Red Dead Redemption 2 is on pretty much means that Rockstar is dead to me. At least, the Rockstar that created the Ballad of Gay Tony. Maybe the new rockstar can manage to make a decent online experience, but I simply don't care. There's plenty of cash grab multiplayer games.

Don't worry, I'm totally not going to say that. Instead I'm going to say this:

It's not coming to PC, at all, ever.

There's no reason to believe it will. Revolver didn't, Redemption didn't, just because GTA did that doesn't change anything. GTA isn't made by Rockstar San Diego, it's made by Rockstar North.

Also, GTA IV came out for PC, then Redemption came out after that, and skipped PC. Then GTA V came out for PC almost 2 years after the initial release. Rockstar hasn't "come around" to start caring about PC all of a sudden. If you're holding out for the PC release, I'm sorry to say you're in all likelihood setting yourself up for disappointment.

• @thenerdtheword said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

Is anyone really surprised that Rockstar are making another male focused game though? It's their thing to a certain extent.

I see no good reason at all why Rockstar would change the way they make games. I also don't see how their games are male focused. They always have a pretty colorful cast of male and female characters. Take the original RDR for example. Would you say that McFarlane or Marston's wife were bad portrayals of women? That they were sexistic portrayals or something?
    The gender of the protag(s) don't dictate who the target audience is.

@Stormcrownn said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

my opinions on how disgusting it is they are intentionally delaying the PC release so they can double-dip gamers.

Rockstar has been pretty console focused for some time now. Just because they throw the PC crowd a bone every now and then doesn't change this fact.
    I mean RDR still hasn't been released for PC and it probably never will.
    So I don't see how it comes as a surprise that they only announced the game to be coming out for PS4 and XB1.
    Adamantly sticking to PC only gaming in this day and age will result in a lot of dissapointment for you, just a fyi.

@SabotageTheTruth said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

Call of Juarez is the best western ever released.

I actually prefer the story in Gunslinger since I like spaghetti westerns. RDR was too much like GTA in style and tone in my opinion.
    The way the story was told (and how the game played out) was also pretty unique.
    They're pretty different from one another so it's not strange at all if you'd prefer CoJ over RDR. So long as we're not talking CoJ: The Cartel here.

• @suplextrain I mean, for every RDR there's about 200 PC-only games, so I'm good, thanks.

And my overall point is that they made plenty of money, it is their choice to simply not release it on PC right away. I just want to play their game with the maximum graphics. They are holding that hostage so that they can sell the game 3 times like GTA5. (Xbox 360, then Xbox One, then PC)

I don't think its relevant if its a "Surprise" or not. Last generation there was a decent reason for PC releases being delayed because the architecture was different. This is not the case for the new consoles. On top of that, plenty of other massively successful games like Witcher & Elder Scrolls release on all platforms. Rockstar simply doesn't get a free pass from the shitstorm of being a bunch of slimeball greedy suits.

• @Stormcrownn said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

@suplextrain I mean, for every RDR there's about 200 PC-only games, so I'm good, thanks.

Sure if we're talking smaller indie games and such. Because even when games are not console exclusive it's not uncommon for the PC port to be more of an afterthought, even for AAA games (Arkham Knight probably being the most well known recent example).
    I really don't feel like PC is the leading platform anymore. In fact I feel that PC exclusives like say Civ6 prove norm, that there's rarely a more worthwhile game (that I can't play on my laptop) released for PC. But if you feel that the opposite is true and much prefer playing on PC then good for you.

And my overall point is that they made plenty of money, it is their choice to simply not release it on PC right away. I just want to play their game with the maximum graphics. They are holding that hostage so that they can sell the game 3 times like GTA5. (Xbox 360, then Xbox One, then PC)

But they might not even release it for PC at all. Assuming that the release plan for RDR2 is going to be similar to GTA5's isn't a good idea if you ask me since this is Rockstar we're taking about and not Rockstar North even. You thinking that they're holding it hostage sounds like even more assumptions to me. I think they simply prefer to develop for console based on what they have said in the past and how they develop and release their games.
    I also don't care much about graphics at all so I can't relate.

I don't think its relevant if its a "Surprise" or not. Last generation there was a decent reason for PC releases being delayed because the architecture was different. This is not the case for the new consoles. On top of that, plenty of other massively successful games like Witcher & Elder Scrolls release on all platforms. Rockstar simply doesn't get a free pass from the shitstorm of being a bunch of slimeball greedy suits.

Of course it's relevant. This is Rockstar we're talking about. They have been console focused for most of their lifetime and are infamously known for not releasing several big console games on PC. I mean the RDR port begging went on for years with various smaller campaigns by PC players to try and push Rockstar into porting it over but it's been 6 years and so far nothing, In fact we're getting the sequel next year which is still console exclusive.
    What isn't relevant however is when you mention games like Witcher or Elder Scrolls. Not only are those games developed by completely different companies but they started out on PC and only later started to focus on console. They released for console for the obvious reason of more profits. In fact CD Project even said that Witcher 3 would not have been possible as a PC exclusive.
    Meanwhile Rockstar was and still is console focused from pretty much the get-go and they haven't been known to care much about PC players all that much. So not only are they completely different but for example the much praised CD Project Red come off more as the "slimeball greedy suits" here.

It also sounds like you have a lot of preconceived notions about many things and it feels like assume the worst from the start.

But hey if you detest Rockstar and don't have much interest in their products then by all means just play those other 200+ titles instead.

• Global Moderator

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018

Not a major surprise I suppose. Some nice screens in there though.

• Love how detailed the horseman and his horse are on that one shot.

I just laughed at the news because it was so inevitable. Sure, I'm bummed, too, but the whole project still seems somehow non-real to me, so another six months mean nothing at this point.

• This is the kind of delay I don't mind. We barely saw anything of this game so it wasn't real to me yet.

I do wish companies would get out of the habit of putting dates onto games so early on though.

• A little bummed about the delay, but I think if it means a better product its all the better for us, although I have a feeling it will get one last delay to may.

• I think this game is in trouble.

• @Haru17 said in Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO):

2018 game.

Mind you that was the day after it was announced, and not even really an educated guess.

Why even bother to announce it some random week in October, then continue with those super mild teasers once you heard that the NX announcement was happening? It's just so funny to me because the whole thing's so stupid. Just wait to announce a release window until you've nailed down all of the huge variables. It's just the silliest unforced error. And the game will probably be delayed from May to Holiday 2018 again even now.

• @Sheria said in Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO):

@SabotageTheTruth said in Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer:

Call of Juarez is the best western ever released.

Okay, I'm just trying to pick a fight at this point, I'll see myself out.

Which one? Gunslinger and I might agree.

And I was the one who reccomend you gunslinger anyways back in GT days. and i agree. gunslinger was Excellent game and probably best wild west game ever.

• It's either a release date for RDR2 or maybe even a remaster announcement for the first one, I reckon.

alt text

• @Sentinel-Beach it's for sure not a release date unless Ive fallen into a time portal and have awoken in september of 2018. Probably a trailer.

Now that I've reread your post I'm assuming you meant that they're announcing a release date on that date. That's probable along with a trailer.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    As much as I'd love to see a remaster of Red Dead Revolver I just dont see it happening....Unless your talking Redemption 1, in which case it could probably happen

• I will be waiting for PC version. hopefully they will announce PC version but knowing rockstar. it will take year.

• @CGamor7 :D Yeah, I didn't mean that we'd get to play it suddenly next week.

But a new trailer for sure is the safest bet. And the next spring still holds at the moment, right? Games get their release dates revealed six months before, many do, so why not now as well. Although my mind wants to say May '18 just because of RDR1.

• @Sentinel-Beach hahaha face palm moment... It will be may for sure. I feel it in the air.

Wasn't blown away by the 1st game and actually got bored In it. But it's rockstar so I'm excited just for that reason. I'm sure it will be a big improvement.

I bet it's gonna have Destiny style strikes and raids for online.