Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO/PC)

• @dmcmaster said in Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO):

I just got it digitally, although I can understand a bit with having to swap disc with children around, plus digital is one less thing to potentially lose sight of

Even if I have to switch discs once, it isn't that bad, granted I grew up with multi disc rpgs, it's usually a one time and you're done

• @acardattack
    I'm just saying after babysitting a family friends kid for a week, Digital is easier (especially if the kids are as ADD as the one I was watching) Play Sonic for 10 minutes before wanting to Switch to Mario, then to Smash Bros, then back to Sonic, ect.

• RDR2 has a companion app that lets you display the hud elements on your phone/tablet instead of the screen, so you can play totally hudless but still have access to that information on the app.
    MAN I wish more games would do that.

• @el-shmiablo said in Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO):

RDR2 has a companion app that lets you display the hud elements on your phone/tablet instead of the screen, so you can play totally hudless but still have access to that information on the app.
    MAN I wish more games would do that.

You want your phone alongside your game??

• ITS COMING

0_1540396975151_Screenshot (1).png

Gonna buy the disc version just because of the install size.

• @sheria If it enhances my gaming experience, yes.
    Instead of opening up a map in game, I can just pick up my phone and check it there.
    I'm mostly interested in this because it will allow me to play the game hudless, which I fiind much more immersive. Like when I played GoW I turned off almost every hud element that wasn't necessary. Think the only thing I left on were boss health bars.

• In the group stream Kyle said that Jones is reviewing the Nickelodeon racing game and they were playing on Huber PS4 so i guess Jones is playing RDR2.

• Well, cats out of the bag (that's the saying right?) about work conditions at Rockstar. To summarize: best place to work, also the worst, and also somewhere in between. Not A LOT has seemed to change since we read similar stuff about RDR in 2010.

Link: https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466

I was considering applying at Rockstar Toronto but I'm kinda glad because I'll take my flexible hours in animation than mandatory OT in gaming.

• @el-shmiablo
    If I remember right, GTA5 had something similar, along with Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros. I remember trying out both and they were finicky at best, sometimes being a bit behind what your actually doing.

• @dmcmaster iirc, GTA5 had some minigames that helped with the main game but nothing like what this app has.
    I used the AC Black Flag app and it actually worked pretty well and updated in real time.

• The reviews are pouring in with sensational scores. This game will consume your life. The amount of everything, it's just unbelievable.

Brandon's excellent and classy review:
    Youtube Video

• If this game doesnot release on PC next year or announced PC version withint 6 month. I will get PS4 solely for this.

this just looks so damn incredible.

• More Purrty RDR2 footage
    Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

There's no debating the world Rockstar can create but the lack of talk on the main campaign has me a little bit concerned as I feel like reviews for Red Dead Redemption were very similar and when it actually came down to the core story, it was pretty dull. Hopefully that's not the case here.

• Lets TBH, if it was not rockstar game. it would not be getting so many 10s.

GTA5 was incredibly overrated although i like wild west setting thats why im looking foward to play it.

• @tokeeffe9 Gaminformer's review definitely made it seem like the story was good. I wouldn't worry too much

• @b-cell This is a really dumb argument to make, and can be used for literally anything.

"If Doom wasn't an Id game it wouldn't be getting so much praise"

Rockstar just make exceptional games. You may not like them, but the quality of their product in undeniable. Stop trying to justify your irrational dislike just because it isn't coming to PC.

• @el-shmiablo
    Your talking to a guy who thinks Gordon Freeman has amazing character development based solely on his BACKSTORY

• @dmcmaster I just find it ironic when people complain games these days are just cinematic walking simulators and then turn around and say HL2 is one of the best games ever.

But yo. Back to RDR2.
    I really hope we get another Undead Nightmare. I know I know, zombie shit is played out, but UN was absolutely amazing and a prime example of how DLC can be just as good as the core experience.

• @el-shmiablo said in Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XBO):

@b-cell This is a really dumb argument to make, and can be used for literally anything.

"If Doom wasn't an Id game it wouldn't be getting so much praise"

Rockstar just make exceptional games. You may not like them, but the quality of their product in undeniable. Stop trying to justify your irrational dislike just because it isn't coming to PC.

The thing is, critics have to give rockstar games perfect 10 or many professional reviewers can lose thier jobs. rocktar pay to big companies for perfect 10. see GTA4 fisaco 10 years ago how critics and gamers had divided opinion

Rockstar make breathing alive world. but in gameplay department there games lack. GTA series is incredibly boring.

Im not hating on RDR2. i liked original and its far more interesting than GTA and best rockstar open world game.

although best Rockstar game is max payne 3. that game also have best gunplay in any third person. it show rockstar has talent but they choose to follow same open world formula.

its kinda strange a developer who are known for open world games. their best game is linear game by far.