Fiasconauts - Official Discussion Thread

• Global Moderator

yeah Ians dad was AMAZING! I really did get a little worried if it was gonna be "lets bring parent in for the sake of it". However, he really blew my socks off! So many great twists and so many laughes! 7.8!

• The only thing that concerned my about Ian's dad (from listening to it, not watching) was his volume levels were a bit on the low side in comparison to the rest.

Although, it's understandable considering the rest of the guys are a lot more comfortable with mics.

• Youtube Video

Oh this was good. Top tier Fiasco, baby. Especially the first half. Really nice scene endings and all, too. I could really see it all as a movie going on which was absolutely a blast. We had some Fargo and Justified there, some Better Call Saul vibes as well. Huber's such a good spice to this show every time. A true wild card on another level. :) But seriously everyone did super well, nice twists.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Agreed. I loved the episode. I think the fast cuts to different scenes in the past reminded me of the Guy Ritchie movie Snatch.

• @Olf_Himself Yes! Those were excellent! :D Just a few words in and then back, so that you could almost see the cut happening in that cool way.

• Huber was on fire this episode, could not stop laughing. Oh Kyle's 5 point plan was amazing as well.

• The first act was the best they've ever done, I think. Some really amazing stuff this week!

• That 5 point plan was great. And I thought Huber was gonna die, he was laughing so hard.

• Been away from the forums due to computer troubles! First post back has gotta be for this episode! It was excellent, funny, and well thought out. I love that we got the actual heist in the first act and then they had to come up with a plan for the fall out from it. Huber took a different approach to his character which was a nice change of pace. I love how everyone else just kept up the schtick of him being a blabber mouth about the plan. Made it even more ironic when he made himself a mole. Beautiful. The 5 point plan was amazing!

• I've been trying to find more Fiasco's online and just can't find anybody with enjoyable personalities. Ian really facilitates these very well by comparison. I watched one for a bit and the players were basically planning the goal of the scene and what they will do upon failure. Improv is the way to go. It's a goofy game with friends, I don't see the enjoyment in playing so goal focused.

I still wish more people did them than the Allies. So entertaining to listen to at work.

• Youtube Video

This one's tough. I don't want to be mean, so I just say that I clearly seem to like the more grounded ones better. Still, nice to have two special guest stars. Although Kyle was of course then missed.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah, I also feel this was one of the weaker ones. I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me like many of the others.
    Also I definitely could tell that Producer Kyle was missing. Lots of moments with no one talking during character creation, not telling the viewers what the categories are, forgetting to pick a die during scenes, etc.

• Does anyone know if there will be a new Fiasconauts on Friday? It's not on the schedule right now :(

• @jifw52 Best thing is to ask Ian on twitter. That said, it might just be a schedule issue on the site. There's no real reason to think we won't get a new Fiasconauts.

• Well, I doubt they could have filmed during E3 madness and Ian was on vacation immediately after, and still is until tomorrow, so it is possible there is a delay, but they're usually pretty good about scheduling stuff ahead of time when possible. Hopefully we will get our regularly scheduled programming!

• @jifw52 Ian said they're shooting one that will hopefully go up on Friday.

• @Olf_Himself Nice, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Fiasconauts.

• No need to fear. Ian is a professional.

Youtube Video

• This was funny, I liked it. All four had something good going on. Only Jones was kinda alone in this one, but it still worked ok. And after last month's show which I didn't really enjoy it's just clear again that Kyle is a key element in all of this. But nice twists from everyone!

• I'd expect nothing less from our crew of professionals.

That was great. I agree that it felt like Jones started getting sidelined a bit but the way they tied it in worked out perfectly story wise. He was the only character who didn't work at the studio, so it made sense that he wasn't prominent on that side of the story.