Fiasconauts - Official Discussion Thread

• Huber was on fire this episode, could not stop laughing. Oh Kyle's 5 point plan was amazing as well.

• The first act was the best they've ever done, I think. Some really amazing stuff this week!

• That 5 point plan was great. And I thought Huber was gonna die, he was laughing so hard.

• Been away from the forums due to computer troubles! First post back has gotta be for this episode! It was excellent, funny, and well thought out. I love that we got the actual heist in the first act and then they had to come up with a plan for the fall out from it. Huber took a different approach to his character which was a nice change of pace. I love how everyone else just kept up the schtick of him being a blabber mouth about the plan. Made it even more ironic when he made himself a mole. Beautiful. The 5 point plan was amazing!

• I've been trying to find more Fiasco's online and just can't find anybody with enjoyable personalities. Ian really facilitates these very well by comparison. I watched one for a bit and the players were basically planning the goal of the scene and what they will do upon failure. Improv is the way to go. It's a goofy game with friends, I don't see the enjoyment in playing so goal focused.

I still wish more people did them than the Allies. So entertaining to listen to at work.

• Youtube Video

This one's tough. I don't want to be mean, so I just say that I clearly seem to like the more grounded ones better. Still, nice to have two special guest stars. Although Kyle was of course then missed.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yeah, I also feel this was one of the weaker ones. I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me like many of the others.
    Also I definitely could tell that Producer Kyle was missing. Lots of moments with no one talking during character creation, not telling the viewers what the categories are, forgetting to pick a die during scenes, etc.

• Does anyone know if there will be a new Fiasconauts on Friday? It's not on the schedule right now :(

• Global Moderator

@jifw52 Best thing is to ask Ian on twitter. That said, it might just be a schedule issue on the site. There's no real reason to think we won't get a new Fiasconauts.

• Well, I doubt they could have filmed during E3 madness and Ian was on vacation immediately after, and still is until tomorrow, so it is possible there is a delay, but they're usually pretty good about scheduling stuff ahead of time when possible. Hopefully we will get our regularly scheduled programming!

• @jifw52 Ian said they're shooting one that will hopefully go up on Friday.

• @Olf_Himself Nice, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Fiasconauts.

• Global Moderator

No need to fear. Ian is a professional.

Youtube Video

• This was funny, I liked it. All four had something good going on. Only Jones was kinda alone in this one, but it still worked ok. And after last month's show which I didn't really enjoy it's just clear again that Kyle is a key element in all of this. But nice twists from everyone!

• I'd expect nothing less from our crew of professionals.

That was great. I agree that it felt like Jones started getting sidelined a bit but the way they tied it in worked out perfectly story wise. He was the only character who didn't work at the studio, so it made sense that he wasn't prominent on that side of the story.

• That thumbnail, by the way. Is that really Huber or was Ben booked first for this? That's somehow a weird shot on that smallest picture.

• Have to say, "The Scoop!" has to be my new favourite episode.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, as I don't believe I am eligible for an e-mail question that would be asked during the Twitch streams and such, but has there been any discussion at EZA about making Fiasconauts a stretch goal moreso than it already is? For example, if you reach 48K, there will be a Fiasconauts movie bi-annually or even quarterly? I realize it would cost some more time and money and would ultimately be very low production, but I would gladly up my pledge if we had a movie production type of episode every couple of months. Just a thought, keep up the great work!

• @Bookmaster84
    An actual movie would be hard to do since Fiasco is so dependent on improvisation.

• @Olf_Himself True, but remember how great it was when they re-enacted scenes from Fiasconauts during the anniversary event? They could play a game, work out the general zany script through improv, then put some production behind it and flesh things out a little more. Think Be Kind, Rewind, just not parodies of famous movies.

• @SabotageTheTruth
    It would be pretty cool if they made a Regina's Wedding remake as a movie.