Battlefield 1 Comparison

• Youtube Video

How do you feel about this?

As a primary console user myself, I have to say that i'm a little disappointed. I have seen the potential of the PS4 and what not, but while I can not deny that the consoles might be rather outdated by todays standard of PC's, I can't believe they are incapable of pulling off what the PC does with Battlefield 1 ~ even the likes of U4 tells me this.

Battlefield 4 was the first game to impress me on PS4 and that was that it upped on the 10+ year old tech to deliver the same experience as PC ~ PS4 is just not that old and I'm sorry but I have to agree here that they optimised this particular game for PC first and did not put the effort in to makthe console version on par

• Those games are primarily made with PC in mind in the first place, least when it comes to battlefield. CoD/Halo/Gears are the console focused variety, that's just how it's always been.

Graphics aside there's the obvious benefits to playing them on PC like mouse/keyboard controls, dedicated servers, private servers, etc.

For me I'd be more concerned with it's performance than how it looks, I thought it looked pretty good on PS4 personally. It's just not the type of battlefield I'm interested in playing this time around, BF4 was just a better game.

• It' a gorgeous game regardless the platform. Aside from the post procesing on the water pools and the foliage, its almost the same, at least for me.
    Regardless, I'm excited to see what developers can do with Scorpio, I hope it is much more than adding 4k textures.

• @LordBaztion I've said the same for just about every game that I've seen. This though, is the once situation where I HAVE TO SAY, PC wins. No question.

I don't believe though that the consoles are incapable., Uncharted 4 is spectacular. I just think that Battlefield has put PC first here.

• Banned

Feels good, not alot of developers these days caters to the PC platform.

Also did BF4 look the same on PS4 as it does on PC? I somehow doubt that, I played the XB1 and it looked AWFUL.

• @BabyfartsMcgeezaks said in Battlefield 1 Comparison:

Feels good, not alot of developers these days caters to the PC platform.

Also did BF4 look the same on PS4 as it does on PC? I somehow doubt that, I played the XB1 and it looked AWFUL.

I agree with your first comment. It is about time, it just feels odd now when considerating the times. Battlefield 4 though took full advantage of the new hardware, as did the original Tomb Raider. It finally showed people the difference between PC and 10 year old hardware.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 or XBOX1 is far from awful. It's still some of the best visual on the system actually.

• @Sheria I supose consoles may be capable of outputing a more similar visual fidelity to PC but I guess DICE's the main focus was keeping a solid framerate performance and that made them compromise other aspects. Uncharted is an unfair comparison, the game runs at 30fps and with less physics calculations.

• Banned

@Sheria Looked awful to me coming from playing it on PC for about 100 hours, the XB1 version is a blurry jaggy mess. I mean, it's 720p on the XB1 for crying out loud. 900p is pretty laughable as well, but that's just my opinion.

• @LordBaztion said in Battlefield 1 Comparison:

@Sheria I supose consoles may be capable of outputing a more similar visual fidelity to PC but I guess DICE's the main focus was keeping a solid framerate performance and that made them compromise other aspects. Uncharted is an unfair comparison, the game runs at 30fps and with less physics calculations.

I wouldn't know sadly, I need videos to show the difference. I do know though that certain PC developers have had a tendency to give PC development the second look.

The PS3 was indeed old tech, very old tech. PS4 however has a lot of potential. Elitist may see otherwise, but time will tell. I've seen better from the PS4 than that BF1 comparison has done.

• @LordBaztion said in Battlefield 1 Comparison:

. Uncharted is an unfair comparison, the game runs at 30fps and with less physics calculations.

Pfft. Really?

• @Sheria DICE is one of those develoeprs who prioritize PC and they work under the pressure of getting the game on all platforms, so yes they may have underproduced the console version but we can know for sure. The solid 60fps performance with such a good looking game on consoles is already a remarkable achievement.

Why makes you think Uncharted 4 is a good comparison, both games (even in campaign) have different priorities. I haven't played Uncharted 4 but I did another graphics intensive consoles games (Gears 4, Quantum Break and Rise of the tomb Raider).

• @Sheria said in Battlefield 1 Comparison:

@LordBaztion said in Battlefield 1 Comparison:

. Uncharted is an unfair comparison, the game runs at 30fps and with less physics calculations.

Pfft. Really?

He's wrong about his assumptions but it IS an unfair comparison. Uncharted is developed in-house by dev teams who work for sony, of course the game will look/run great on their system because the game was designed to.

EA is a PC focused company, always has been. They strike deals here and there to make games with a specific console in mind sometimes, but it's not all that common. PC is always their main priority.

• Nope, I thought so and agree about EA with this game. I just honestly feel that they could have done better if they wanted to (with watching the comparison)

The current PS4 and Xboxone is certainly no top end PC, but they ain't no slackers either.

• I knew I should have bought it for PC.. all my irl friends are getting it for PS4

• After gears of war 4, another great port for PC. Makes me really happy after all optimised versions of games earlier this year. And the game DOES look beautiful.

• To me performance is always the most important, especially when it comes to MP. This is because once you get into it you don't really focus on things like the graphics. However if the FPS constantly dips, there's screen tearing and so on then that isn't exactly something you can phase out and quickly becomes pretty annoying, especially if it causes you to screw up in-game.

So long as the FPS is solid that's all that matters i.m.o.

• PC version obviously looks better.

Many reviewers praise single player campaign. so i guess i will definetely getting it.

• @Black-Cell If you know anything about WWI (or war in general) you will die laughing at the BF1 campaign. Campaign should've been gritty depiction of one of the most brutal wars but it's just another ridiculous super solider fantasy. Huge disappointment.

• Banned

@TheHorsecockexpress I didn't die laughing, but then again I didn't expect a realistic depiction of WW1 for obvious reasons. One being that it's a Battlefield game and another that DICE said several times that it's not a very realistic depiction of WW1.

So yeah, if you're going in expecting some kind of WW1 simulator, you're gonna have a bad time.

• I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the campaign. Obviously I wish they hadn't made so many compromises with authenticity (silencers, really?) but I get the feeling that the developers really had an interest in trying to tell the story and I appreciate that.

But on the other hand I totally agree with @TheHorsecockexpress.. I don't know how they found that much optimism in what was arguably the worst war in history.