Skyrim SE Looks to Rekindle the Hype

• Zeitgeist.

The PS Access videos have taken my hype and emboldened it, turning it into a furious pyre of the soul. Special Edition's super high fi textures, shadows, and draw distances make me excited to jump back in. Especially now that PS4, as opposed to 360, supports wireless headphones. Complete. Immersive... Experience.

Rap at me about your hype level. Anyone else complete OG Skyrim like me?

• Ok, I'm not going to rap at you because I'm white and no one wants to see that. ;)

But seriously, I do not have the time for the 300 more hours that I'm going to sink into Skyrim this fall and winter. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've done with this.

• Rap? Ok ill try
    Goin down to Whiterun, to see the knights run..... That's all i got

• @DMCMaster It's a figure of speech, but I love you for trying :)

Anyway, one of the neatest things I have seen is how, if you stare at an object closely for a while, the background and objects off in the distance will go hazy and unfocused. It's an interesting effect and I'll have to see if I keep it enabled or not.

Also, I think it's just really great to have the higher resolution to see butterflies and birds and such.

• @DMCMaster said in Skyrim SE Looks to Rekindle the Hype:

Rap? Ok ill try
    Goin down to Whiterun, to see the knights run..... That's all i got

Chillin wid my white hun
    Lydia that's right mon

She carryin my big gun
    cause i gots the loots n
    DRAGOOOOONNNNNSSSS!!

• @Av8orGamer I told you no one wanted to see this...

• I already beat Skyrim on my ps3,
    If I really thought I cared about it being remastered HD,
    I'd have played it with mods on my PC.

Now I'm chillin here waiting on Final Fantasy
    I want more Skyrim like I want an arrow in my knee.

• Already put my few hundred hours in on 360, PS3, AND PC.

And while I'll get the upgraded version for free on PC, still not gonna play it again any time soon. What I find laughable though is they think the console version is still worth $59

• Well, I have the original with all the DLC's.

So I guess I'll upgrade when the time comes. Until then it'll just sit in my Steam library.

Loli Stealth Archer ho!

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Skyrim SE Looks to Rekindle the Hype:

And while I'll get the upgraded version for free on PC, still not gonna play it again any time soon. What I find laughable though is they think the console version is still worth $59

I think it's not that they think it's worth 59, but that people will pay 59 for it because it's Skyrim. I mean even Nintendo considers Skyrim to still be such a big deal that they featured it during their Switch reveal.

• I think Skyrim, especially with all of the DLC, is such a great value proposition that they'll never overprice it. It's not like you can't find Skyrim for cheap if you want the old version.

• @TokyoSlim This is epic! And pretty much reflects my feelings as well

• @suplextrain Skyrim is more of Nintendo's "example" for third parties people care about that will be on board with the Switch. Also, adding the ability to play a game on the go is much more valuable than making a still less HD version of an old game for console that people on PC have been playing for years and years in glorious full HD with mods. Basically, what @TokyoSlim said.

Also, Skyrim on the go will probably suck, because it's not a great game to be played in short bursts. I guarantee you'll see people bragging on social media about playing Skyrim in the woods or on a mountain regardless. Might be good for stuff like airplanes, trains, cars, etc. though.

• @Mbun said in Skyrim SE Looks to Rekindle the Hype:

@suplextrain Skyrim is more of Nintendo's "example" for third parties people care about that will be on board with the Switch. Also, adding the ability to play a game on the go is much more valuable than making a still less HD version of an old game for console that people on PC have been playing for years and years in glorious full HD with mods. Basically, what @TokyoSlim said.

Also, Skyrim on the go will probably suck, because it's not a great game to be played in short bursts. I guarantee you'll see people bragging on social media about playing Skyrim in the woods or on a mountain regardless. Might be good for stuff like airplanes, trains, cars, etc. though.

My point is that they don't regard this version of Skyrim as a dated game that they remastered and that should be priced less because of it. They priced it at 59 because they know people will buy it at that price.

• I'll put a pot on your head and steal all your stuff,
    I wanna pick this game up, my first playthrough wasn't enough,
    Don't know what kind of character I'll make, intelligent or buff,
    Might ramp up that difficulty, I like my games tough.

Skyrim Skyrim, can't you see,
    Sometimes your graphics just hypnotize me,
    And I just love your glitchy ways,
    I'll listen to anything Paarthurnax says.

• I really like this version of Skyrim. Any other game — no, literally every other game — messes up the whole "colorful sky mood lighting" thing. World of Warcraft and No Man's Sky do this to the most egregious extent, but there are other offenders. Skyrim subverts this by having actual depth to the clouds, fog, and sky. That and having the colors blend in a naturalistic way.

Plus the lighting and effect updates are just cool. Spells look so nice now.

• I won't play this until it gets something like SkyUI,
    Since the standard UI is made consoles in mind.
    PC is my platform of choice for Elder Scrolls,
    and this holds true for most other games.

(I Apologize, I'm not good at rapping or rhymes for that matter... But Yeah, I love Skyrim, but I won't touch SE until proper UI mod, such as SkyUI, comes for it)

• I am going to buy it on my xbox as soon as I get some free time! Skyrim was one of my favorite games from last generation, and even though I spent over 100 hours in it I barely did anything. Can't wait to actually accomplish something this time around. Or maybe I'll just run around like an idiot and do nothing again. Who knows?

• @TheOhrenberger The best way to play Skyrim is by running around doing jack shit.

God knows the main story isn't worth going through.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.