Selective Creation: Make the Top 30 Shooters of All Time List!

• After tinkering with these lists I believe its time to throw a curveball (Albeit a very slight one). Now I would like to know: What are THE 30 shooters every gamer should play? Now I'm being intentionally vague by saying shooter, so here is what I mean: It can be an FPS, or a TPS, so long as the primary core mechanic is identified as such (None of this parallel "What constitues a Puzzle Game?" argument here :joy: ) Because I'm including two separate genres, I'm bumping up the cap by 5.

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 30 games, but here's the catch: these 30 games will be the ONLY games the shooter genre will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 30 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title per game, then you can give one for every three people that have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. If you hate shooters in general, then get to trolling if that makes you happy.

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added (Looking at you CoD and Battlefield).

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 30 shooters games that should exist?

Have fun!

• Quite the curveball! I look forward to the return of consoles, in the meantime......

House of the Dead

EDIT: Forgot to include my reason. Because it is fun as hell! The sequels never quite got the charm of the first entry. One of my favorite arcade games!~

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch

It hasn't even been out for a year, but its won my heart, in so many different ways. It has the smallest semblance of a story, yet somehow I care about the characters. It has a minimal amount of game types, yet I'm well over the 100 hour mark and it doesn't feel stale. Blizzard constructed my favorite multiplayer game ever released and I can't help but praise them for it.

• @Brannox Sorry I forgot to include this in my post. Do shoot'em ups / shmups like Gadius and R-Type count?

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark

Goldeneye on steroids.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2

Probably close to, if not the pinnacle of modern single player campaign shooters.

• @parasitepaladin Hmmmm. I will say no, only because I think they could be a list of their own. What I'm referring to is a single or multiplayer FPS or TPS on console or PC. No arcade style stuff. But thanks for your question!

• @Brannox Okay, cool! Thank you. No arcade style games? Do light gun games count? Which is what House of the Dead is.

• House of the Dead was also on the Sega Saturn.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein

• @parasitepaladin Yes, HotD counts. It is an FPS after all and as TokyoSlim pointed out, it was ported to the Saturn.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Star Wars: Republic Commando

Such an incredible title, and such a crime that we are left without a sequel! This game made amazing use of Star Wars settings and tech, showcasing great enemy and mission design. However, it's Delta Squad that makes this gem truly shine. The squad banter felt witty and authentic, but never forced. Ordering the squad to different positions and roles was incredibly simple, and each of your squadmates felt deadly. So many games with AI allies leave you with bumbling oafs who don't actually harm the enemies all that much (Slippy...), but each commando felt like an integral part of your team who truly had your back throughout this wonderful game.

P.S. : the theme song was sung in Mandalorian

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Killer 7

Suda51 is my waifu. Such a crazy and charming game. AND DAT MUSIC. Everything about this game is feels weird and funky and hard to explain. Fun though!

• Would Mass Effect apply?

• @parasitepaladin I love Killer 7, it's great and weird... but I definitely wouldn't consider it a shooter.

• @Musou-Tensei Yes, I will count it. Especially as the series got longer, the less of an RPG it became. Mass Effect is a TPSRPG.

• Just a suggestion (as I'm obviously not the one running this whole killfest), but we need some sort of method for defining what a shooter is. There's going to be a decent amount of genre blending so my suggestion is - check the game out on Wikipedia. The very first line describing the game will list it as a first person shooter, a third person shooter, or something entirely different, disqualifying it from being nominated.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Killer 7
    Halo 3

One of my favourite games of all time and my absolute favourite in the Halo series. Gameplay is fun, story is amazing, I could go on but I won't.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Killer 7
    Halo 3
    Bioshock

Easily my favorite FPS, there's no way it could be left out of the list.

• House of the Dead
    Overwatch
    Perfect Dark
    Half Life 2
    Killer 7
    Halo 3
    Bioshock
    Deus-Ex

Generation defining FPS RPG. Has to be on the list.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.