Final Fantasy XV Omen

• Banned

@Caleb_Aranda Kingsglaive DID look like this. The trailer was made by the same studio that did the movie.

• @El-Shmiablo The CGI was the same. The cinematography was not. It was an utter mess. The shots were constructed in such a way that there was simply too much going on in a single shot, making it almost impossible to follow what's happening in the scene. I assume that this was more tightly constructed because it was only a few minutes of a trailer rather than a feature-length film.

• @Art said in Final Fantasy XV Omen:

It makes the main theme song all the more relevant.

Erm, is the main theme of Final Fantasy XV literally a cover of "Stand by Me" by Florence and the Machine? Cuz that'd be hilarious.

• @Haru17 said in Final Fantasy XV Omen:

Erm, is the main theme of Final Fantasy XV literally a cover of "Stand by Me" by Florence and the Machine? Cuz that'd be hilarious.

I think it's one of the main themes.

I think the title song is Somnus, which is what's been on the title screens of Versus, Duscae, Platinum demo, and in Kingsglaive - but the actual game theme is Stand By Me, if that makes any sense... Its not super clear. :)

• @TokyoSlim said in Final Fantasy XV Omen:

the actual game theme is Stand By Me, if that makes any sense

Nope.

• @Haru17 Well, it's not that hard to figure out. :p

Are you on the title screen? Theme A
    Are you playing the game? Theme B

• @TokyoSlim You're taking this far too seriously for my jokes to land.

• @Haru17 No. I don't think you get it. There's TWO THEMES.

• Banned

You talkin shit about classic 1960s' soul music, bro?

• Banned

@Caleb_Aranda That is standard FF fare though.
    I still can't tell what is happening in most cutscenes in FFXIII.

• @Art Only when its covered by some white girl in the 2010s on the million-dollar behest of a Japanese board room ;)

• For a song that's been recorded over 400 times by various different artists for uses both commercial and artistic, it seems weird to nitpick Florence Welch and FFXV for it.

• @TokyoSlim I will accept that argument if you can answer me "Why?" beyond the generic "Because." and "He has friends."

Why? Why the Florence?

• @Haru17 You will accept the argument that it's weird to single out one person for criticism for covering a song 400 other people have already covered?

Because that's what I said.

Also, Florence Welch is a Grammy nominated singer who apparently wanted to get into video game music. She's got three songs on the XV soundtrack, not just Stand By Me.

If you've watched the Omen trailer, Kingslglaive, and Brotherhood, you know that Stand By Me is thematically relevent to the story. So, what's the issue?

You will accept the argument that it's weird to single out one person for criticism for covering a song 400 other people have already covered?

Because that's what I said.

Oh look, it's not:

Florence Welch and FFXV

With that out of the way, I feel like I'd criticize just about any western artist and the corresponding developer/publisher for joining the soundtrack of Final Fantasy, Zelda, or Halo (okay maybe not Halo at this point). The thematically relevance of "Stand by Me" is so utterly general that it applies literally every narrative with 1: A plot, and 2: Characters.

It's just kind of ridiculous is all. Don't be defensive over that.

• @Haru17 I'm a little defensive over you pointing out how being white and a woman doesn't qualify someone to cover a song so many other people have already covered. I was wondering what your motivations for that were. I pointed out that it's probably one of the most covered songs in modern music history, and that many other people, including white men, black men, women, animated meerkats, Lemmy, John Lennon, Muhammed Ali, and etc. have already done what you're critical of "a white girl" for doing.

And Stand By Me THE SONG is about leaning on other people to overcome your fears, but Stand By Me the MOVIE is specifically about four boys on a trip, learning about the harshness of adult responsibility, loss, friendship, and death from the perspective of people who are childish and immature in various ways. It's the MOVIE the song in FFXV is referencing very, VERY specifically.

@Haru17 I'm a little defensive over you pointing out how being white and a woman doesn't qualify someone to cover a song so many other people have already covered. I was wondering what your motivations for that were.

Oh, well there's a simple explanation for that: I'm racist against white people. And women. I'm racist against white women. /s

So, now that that's cleared up and we're done being offended by proxy, let's move onto the crux of the issue: Why is this in a Final Fantasy game!? It plays over the intro scene of Noctis and co. pushing a car, adding nothing to the scene.

Six degrees of Florence Fantasy — GO!

@TokyoSlim said in Final Fantasy XV Omen:

It's the MOVIE the song in FFXV is referencing very, VERY specifically.

Very specifically. (Covered by Florence and the Machine.)

i cant.

• Dude

@Haru17 said in Final Fantasy XV Omen:

@Art Only when its covered by some white girl

If you're not complaining about a white girl covering the song, you should learn to words better.

I also just specifically explained in detail why it's in THIS final fantasy game. So, now you have an answer.

• Banned

ITT nerds argue about songs in a silly anime game about magic rocks and robots.

• @TokyoSlim Since you asked the meaning of my sick rhymes, I used the phrase "some white girl" to exacerbate the randomness of this Japanese game series choosing a totally unrelated British popular artist to score their game in part. Did Paul McCartney have any buisness singing in the credits to Destiny? No, he was just a name to get all the normies buzzing. There are no Dog Days in FFXV after the Omen trailer.

Are we satisfied now? Just for the record, I wouldn't worry about so-called "reverse-racism."
    We have reached that mountaintop.