Selective Creation: Build Your PC! (Huh?)

• Through all of the lists I facilitate, there has been a platform that hasn't been touched. Unique from anything else, and one I'm unsure as to how many Allies will play, the cap will be increased by 5. What could I possibly be talking about?

The PC of course!

The PC is the only platform that has existed across multiple generations. As a result, in addition to exclusives, there are a plethora of other games that can be nominated. But what will they be?

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 30 games, but here's the catch: these 30 games will be the ONLY games the PC will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 30 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title per game, then you can give one for every three people that have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. If you're not a fan of PC gaming in general, then get to trolling if that makes you happy.

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 30 PC games every gamer should have?

Have fun!

• Heretic

Because while Doom is great, Heretic went more fantasy. I just enjoyed this games overall design over other early shooters.

• System Shock 2. Because, of course.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    DOOM

Because it's Doom, I don't think it's even possible to make a "most important PC games list" and ignore it, and frankly I always get really disappointed when someone knocks it out of any other list it's been in so far.

I was thiiiiiiiis close to trollingly suggesting Chex Quest instead though.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld

I think this might be the best RTS game on a platform flush with RTS games.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology

Why does nobody seem to remember this game? It was so rad! Choosing the different mythologies to follow was so fun!

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Probably the best BioWare RPG and one of the best RPGs i ever played!

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends

I have 1000+ hours in this game and I'm still a scrub. But I've played it a lot because I have enjoyed playing it.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

In my mind, it's still the best Command & Conquer. It broadened the vision of the first Red Alert by making things faster, more fluid, adding more combat and building options, and amped the crazy vibe up further, especially the campiness. The online and local play was fantastic, and the campaign was the most enjoyable of the lot with the likes of Udo Kier playing the unforgettable psychic Yuri. Plus, it was PC only!

• @DeweyDTruman Just as a reminder, DOOM has already won once. So it hasn't always been knocked out.

• I think I sit this one out, I would probably kill the majority of games for the same reason, never played it.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
    Worms Armageddon

My favorite game of all time, and the best turn-based game ever made. The Steam version is 100% cross-compatible with the original CD-ROM version, so nobody gets left behind.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Ultima V Warriors of Destiny

One of the best classic CRPGs and my favorite Ultima game.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon

Crysis

While it may not be the best game of all time or anything, it undeniably changed the PC gaming landscape and provided a graphical benchmark that it was difficult to beat for a looong time. "Can it play Crysis" was pretty much the catch phrase of an entire PC generation.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch

It's the game I keep coming back to play on the PC atm.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch
    Myst

The game that defined "atmosphere".

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch
    Myst
    Civilization V

We need some turn based strategy on this list and what would fit better than the amazing Civ V!

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch
    Myst
    Civilization V
    Victoria 2

I would like to make a mention of one of Paradox's Grand Strategy Games, and Vicky 2 is the one I've enjoyed the most, even if CK2 and EU4 are more refined games.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch
    Myst
    Civilization V
    Victoria 2
    Heroes of Might & Magic III

One of the best turn based strategy games outside of Civilization series. I highly recommend to pick it up from GOG and then add HD mod. Nearly infinite replayability. Also, there are two big custom mods for it, Wake of Gods and Horn of the Abyss, that both add even more to the base game, making it even better.
    PS. The HD-edition Ubisoft shat out is forgettable. Doesn't have the Add-ons, or the Random Maps.

• Heretic
    System Shock 2
    Doom
    Homeworld
    Age of Mythology
    League of Legends
    Worms Armageddon
    Crysis
    Overwatch
    Myst
    Civilization V
    Victoria 2
    Heroes of Might & Magic III

Half Life 2

Lets try this again. There's a reason people keep asking for HL3.