My top 5 games of all time.

1. Worms Armageddon (1999, PC)

This is one of the most open-ended strategy games ever made. A huge weapon set filled with little quirks that give you a move in almost any situation. A wide range of game customization options from stationary worms to donor cards to mine count to weapon power to sudden death speed. Over 4 billion possible generated maps plus a custom map importer. And the legendary Ninja Rope, possibly the most flexible and most skilled tool in all of gaming, which has given birth to numerous new gametypes. All of this plus wonderful art, atmosphere, humor, as well as cross-compatibility between the original CD-ROM and the Steam version truly make WA The Full Wormage.

1. Perfect Dark (2000, Nintendo 64)

The successor to GoldenEye 007, PD improves on it in almost every respect. Sharp visual effects that push the Nintendo 64 to its absolute limit. Over 30 weapons, all with dual functions. Co-op and Counter-Op in single player. And its greatest feature, the #1 most option-filled FPS multiplayer mode to date.

Slow motion. Night vision. Up to 8 simulants (bots) with adjustable difficulty and personalities. Interchangeable heads. Single-digit score and time sliders. Individually adjustable weapon slots. Highlightable players and pickups.

Unique weapons, a great art style, rippin' soundtrack, and cool cutscenes don't hurt either! ^_^

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000, Nintendo 64)

Though more compact and not as accessible as its beloved prequel Ocarina Of Time, MM has a unique style that shines at every turn. Requiring the extra RAM of the Expansion Pak, the graphics have gotten a noticeable boost, with better textures, more advanced lighting, and a killer motion blur effect.

Though limited to 4 dungeons, the sidequests are the core of this game. Every character runs on a schedule, and via a journal, you must keep track of their activities through a repeating three "day" cycle in order to collect all the masks, which give you access to new areas and special powerups.

But the dungeons are no slouch either, especially the dungeon-of-all-time, Stone Tower Temple. Beautiful to look at, and even better to play, the central mechanic involves flipping the entire dungeon upside-down to access new paths. This makes things tricky enough on a normal playthrough, but when you need to collect all of the hidden fairies to unlock a special superweapon, it'll give your synapses a swell workout!

Deep atmosphere, strong storytelling, and one of Koji Kondo's best soundtracks round out a true example of gaming as art. :sunglasses:

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006, Xbox 360)

Big. Open. Lush. Beautiful. A living world that you can truly lose yourself in. Along with deep systems and guilds, intense dungeons, a stunning soundtrack, and new discoveries always just over the next hill, Oblivion is an adventure seemingly without end.:shield:

1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (2000, Dreamcast)

In a word, solid. Perfect mechanics, smooth-as-silk controls, intricate maps, edgy atmosphere, and a soundtrack for the ages combine into what may be the best sports game of all time.

• Very good picks mate. Not often you see worms at the top of someone's list but I can't blame you. Worms was such a good idea, I remember playing the original round my friends. The ultimate party game. And then I got worms armageddan demo on pc and played that over and over haha same level, half the weapons, still loved it.

• admin

Ha, I wouldn't have picked any of those, but it's nice to see a unique list! I like more personal top 5s etc, as opposed to the standard Mario, Zelda, GTA etc.

• @UltimateBrent yes. Certain games can seem better just because of the mind state your in when you played it.

• FWIW, none of these games are obscure or poorly reviewed. They're all classics of gaming. Just because new games come out doesn't mean that the old ones lose what made them good.

• What a great list and you can tell that each game means something to you.

• Mine so far is -

Metal Gear Solid 3: snake eater
    Dark Souls 1 /Demons Souls
    Shadow of the colossus
    Resident Evil 4
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

This List is not permanent. My list changes depending on my mood. I don't usually like to make a list as there are so many games out there that I really enjoyed.

• The Last of Us
    Rogue Legacy
    Pikmin 3
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2

i don't think i'll ever overcome my hatred for N64. The only game i enjoy, now that vanilla super smash is so outdated, is Turok Dinosaur hunter games

• @Bumblebee_Ness said in My top 5 games of all time.:

i don't think i'll ever overcome my hatred for N64. The only game i enjoy, now that vanilla super smash is so outdated, is Turok Dinosaur hunter games

On the flip side, to this day I cannot stand the PlayStation 1.

Bland design
    Long loading times
    Blocky, warping textures
    Small, slippery controller
    Mostly dark, gritty mature games, sports games, overly simplistic platformers, weird JRPGs, and shovelware. Few eternally-loved exclusives outside of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.

And speaking of the controller, it's my all-time most hated controller. The sticks are loose and too close together, the buttons are too flat and the use of shapes is confusing, and the way the handles point down makes it awkward to hold.

The loose sticks and the handles have (finally) been improved on the PS4, but my other misgivings still stand. Mainly because of the controller, I have never owned (or even rented) a Sony console.

• The list doesn't have Half-Life 2? Wow! (joking) Love that you pick solid games that nobody would argue against, but isn't the "standard". You can tell its a list you made your own. If I were to make a list it would be the games that got me into gaming or that got me into a particular genre (aka CoD2: Big Red One > CoD4). Which I think is something you did on purpose or not.

• @frasafrase said in My top 5 games of all time.:

If I were to make a list it would be the games that got me into gaming or that got me into a particular genre (aka CoD2: Big Red One > CoD4). Which I think is something you did on purpose or not.

First game: Doom II (Windows 95 laptop)
    First Nintendo game: Star Fox 64 (Movie rental store kiosk)
    First online game: MechAssault (Bundled with Xbox Live starter kit)
    Most mindblowing leap in gaming: Nintendo 64/Perfect Dark to Xbox/Halo 1
    Favorite video game song: Ocarina Of Time - Lost Woods

• This is waaaaaay too tough for me. Narrowing it down to just 5?!

• 1:Katamari Damacy
    I had never encountered a game like this when it first came out. It's simple, yet can be super challenging. It's hilarious. It has one of my all time favorite OST's in a video game ever. I probably played this nonstop for 2 years.

2: Chrono Trigger
    This game introduced me to the 2D JRPG, and I played it late. The writing is top notch, the character arcs are some of the best in gaming, and again, one of my all time favorite OST's.

3: Star Wars Arcade
    Every time I saw this in an arcade as a child, it became the thing I wanted to play, right away. Does it hold up graphically to modern gaming? No, but I probably spent more time actively lusting after this game than any other in my childhood, so it'll always be a nostalgia pick to me.

4: Tie between Mass Effect and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    I really felt like this was a huge step forward in RPG design in my lifetime. The decisions and world building, the exploration and dialogue. This was Bioware at it's finest, IMO.

5 Goldeneye
    I've probably spent an eighth of my life playing co-op Goldeneye with my HS roomates.

• Ok here is my weird list XD

5.- Terraria
    4.-Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
    3.-Pokemon Silver
    2.-The legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask
    1.- Fallout NewVegas

• The only definite I have is my number 1, which is Mass Effect. I do cheat a little, because I do treat all three as one game. For me at least, I always play them back to back. But I have spent too many hours in that world and with those characters to say anything is better for me.

Otherwise, top 5 contenders would be
    Katamari Damacy. The most fun my fiance and I have had with a game.

Phantasy Star IV. My JRPG pick, I played this through three times, so it beats out Xenogears or FFVII.

Persona 4. Found this late, but adored it. It's such a unique game.

Shadow of the Colossus. It's just a beautiful game, and still pretty special.

• @TokyoSlim said in My top 5 games of all time.:

1:Katamari Damacy
    2: Chrono Trigger
    3: Star Wars Arcade
    4: Tie between Mass Effect and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    5 Goldeneye

Solid list.

• In no particular order (it changes all the time):

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (I will keep mentioning this game until the end of time): Jolly, anime RPG adventure

Grandia Same as above but with an awesome combat system

Ace Combat 0 and 5 These tie together so they're one game! Awesome music.

Mass Effect Series It's all one, long, big game!

Homeworld One of the most beautiful games ever made (graphics, story, music...)

Edit: Removed some embeds, got a little too long.

• @Oscillator Thanks, I've been working on it my whole life!

• @TokyoSlim said in My top 5 games of all time.:

@Oscillator Thanks, I've been working on it my whole life!

Isn't that redundant of an "all-time" list? xD

• @Oscillator Well, "all time" also includes future games. I will continue to work on my list until I hear about all the future games that come out.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.