Final Fantasy VII Remake: What do you want to see? (Spoilers)

• @Art said in Final Fantasy VII Remake: What do you want to see? (Spoilers):

Her and Zack are fucking each other hardcore in the afterlife. It's canon.

This made me realize I have essentially the same headcanon for another series and it made me really sad about my life.

• All I want is the gameplay that was promised to me in FF Versus 13 (Until it eventually became FF Type 1) to be here in FF7 Remake. I am not a big fan of FF storylines (sorry) besides 10 so the story and characters don't matter to me I just want insane fast paced and fun to play combat like Nomura was trying to do with Versus 13

• Each episode to have a decent end point
    Personally I think EP1 should end at the arrival to Nebilhime.
    Including certain events from Crisis Core as playable segment (Zach's last stand for example
    Possibly include other FF characters as part of a endgame sidequest (Thinking the easist way would be a Tales of style arena.
    New side stories for main cast on top of more fleshed out tales from the original version.
    Unlockable costumes (Will probably be DLC)
    The ability to play as everyone.
    An alternate ending, with insane instructions that requires you to do stuff where even a single mistake will require you to start the whole thing over again.
    Special combo skills between certain characters.

Just be good, different I don't mind, but being good is something everyone wants

• The name's Aeris, and you know it.

• Banned

Nope, it's Aero

• alt text

• Speaking as FF VII being my favorite game of all time, I was of the mindset way back when when the tech demo for the PS3 was shown (thus really igniting the fire for this project to happen): All I wanted was updated visuals and voice acting. That's it. Now, after many years, seeing others' thoughts and reading every single headline I can find about the game, I have the feeling of keeping an open mind. If they deliver on the promise that there will be more content than the original (which had a whole hell of a lot), I'm fine with slight alterations here or there. As I said in a Community Comments video: Please Square-Enix, PLEASE give this game the love and attention it deserves. All I'm hoping for is that they don't @#$% it up.

• Banned

I hope Toriyama's waifu shows up.

Lightning is perfect in every game.

• Global Moderator

I hope that it keeps close to the original which is a brilliant game. However in some ways it also needs to be updated to fit into these times. Since it will most likely be something for newcomers to pick up, I suggest that they update the combat system a bit more and make it "faster" (but not crap like 13). Also a remake of the material system would be nice, the old version is a bit too... much.

Keep the mini games (I spent hours on those!) but also don't be afraid to add in more! Other than that I would say to keep as much "in engine" as possible and don't be afraid to add more lore to each character and what they did before. I wouldn't mind adding a few hours to the gameplay :) Also... Trophies please xD

• @Art
    Like I said a battle coliseum, if there gonna throw here in, why not let us beat the crap out of her

• I want to see it all because I never played the origina.

• I'd say they're in a relatively tricky spot with this remake. If they change too much, what is the point of it even being FFVII related, why not another new Final Fantasy entirely? If they keep too much the same, why would I bother to play the new one? Fans are going to complain no matter what but what do I want?

• (Mostly) the same story beats. Yes, a remake means you get to change things around but I truly love the story this game tells. There's all sorts of stories that can be expanded on, lots of strange localization issues that should be removed, but cutting out large segments of what makes the game special, ie. Aerith's death and how that affects the entire rest of the game, seems wrong. If you have to do a bunch of insane tasks at the end of the game to get her back in a non-canonical way, I'm on board but failing to include arguably the most iconic scene in all of gaming makes little sense to me.
    • Combat needs to be different. It looks like it'll be semi-similar to FFXV, which I'm not a fan of, but I understand why they're going in this direction.
    • World map. It needs to be there.
    • Expansion of Golden Saucer. The minigames in the original are a fun distraction but I want more. Give me triple triad, give me chocobo racing, give me blitzball. I want it all.
    • Focus on NPC building. Yes, the intro to this game is special for a lot of reasons - the bombing run, Cloud crossdressing (I hope this makes it in too), and motorcycle shenanigans, but I just loved walking around and talking to the inhabitants of Midgar. Such a beautifully crafted city.

• ok this is what i want in the game im not picky i love the characters and story, there are tones of final fantasy that have way better gameplay then 7

_ fix the translation and streamline the story to make it easier to follow for newcomers.

• add plot points and references from other compilation entries.
    • flesh out the world and add more things to do (hunt quests and bounties are great starting points)
      -episode one should end with the battle with sephiroth/jenova and the junon ferry

• @FF7Cloud
    Maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy, but wasn't the ferry after Nebilhime?

• @DMCMaster nope it was before right after rufus's coronation

• @FF7Cloud
    Ah that would be a much better end to EP1, depending on how many episodes they intend the remake to be (I'm assuming 3)

• @TheOttomatic91 Ive always wondered what the difference between the combat systems were with versus and XV. Could you elaborate? I never really followed the development and changes of this game that closely.

• They don't have to kill Aeris... But they should. It's such an integral part of FF7 and that whole universe.

Honestly though I'm cool with pretty much whatever. I'm just really curious to see where they'll go with it. I'm not one of the many people who have strong opinions on how this game should be. I already played Final Fantasy 7. That game exists, you can go play it right now. Doing the exact same thing and just making it look prettier would be a waste of money.

Battlestar Galactica had an amazing re-imagining, that kept the general themes and plot points of the original, but still did its own thing and told its own story in its own unique way. I'm hoping this might be something similar to that.

• @CGamor7 Versus 13 original was more action oriented think KH combat but with more depth to it, or at least that's what Nomura promised. FF 15 kinda seems like an awkward half-way point of Versus 13 and Type 0 combat (at least to me) due to its more slower placed combat and more tactic like gameplay.

• Odd request, but I hope that they bleep out Cid's cursing. It's part of the charm of his character, and I feel like if they avoid the issue all together by making him use light swearing it won't have the same impact, and if they go for a "hard R" with the cursing it won't be as....well, charming. Oh, and he still better smoke, kids be damned