FUN Game Monday!

• Awesome timing, Kyle's entering Mad Monster Mansion tonight, October 31st! :sunglasses:

• Good stuff.

• The schedule says Tekken 3 for this week! Oh baby! <3

• How is everyone feeling about Psychonauts? I'm excited to see Kyle play some of the later parts, although I'm kinda worried about the version he's playing.

• @michemagius said in FUN Game Monday!:

How is everyone feeling about Psychonauts? I'm excited to see Kyle play some of the later parts, although I'm kinda worried about the version he's playing.

Personally I never beat Psychonauts and watching Kyle play it I remember why. Visually it's downright ugly, the game thinks it's funnier than it really is and the gameplay isn't really much more than just competent.
    I'll probably just pass on this Fun game monday until the next game.

• I'm down to watch since I don't remember outright hating the game when I played it back when it first hit steam (not that I ever finished it, it's one of those six bazillion games that's just forever backlogged halfway through for me) but I've got a lot of personal biases against Double Fine these days so I can't pretend that won't influence my opinion on it when I watch those streams. I definitely agree for example that it seems like it's trying too hard to be clever and humorous at times.

• Kinda bummed Breath of Fire 3 or 4 didn't even get in the vote. I know Kyle had expressed some serious interest in the series and mentioned they would be good follow-ups to Mega Man Legends but... I do understand not wanting to add a JRPG quadruple the length of normal playthroughs into the mix.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in FUN Game Monday!:

Kinda bummed Breath of Fire 3 or 4 didn't even get in the vote. I know Kyle had expressed some serious interest in the series and mentioned they would be good follow-ups to Mega Man Legends but... I do understand not wanting to add a JRPG quadruple the length of normal playthroughs into the mix.

I'm unsure if he would like BoF4. I went back to it recently and I forgot how many bad mandatory minigames that game throws at you (some of which you can get stuck on for 15 or more minutes). But BoF3 is only avaliable on PSP/Vita on the PS Store. Maybe something like Wild Arms 1-3, Tomba!, Suikoden and so on would be better.

Well that or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon .

• @suplextrain He had mentioned it due to there being a little bit of overlap between the two teams while playing Mega Man Legends, but it's been decades since I've touched either, so yeah, it's probably not the best series to dive into with this format. I'd imagine it would have to be a completely new series for JRPGs to fit in properly. I've just been personally curious to see how well 3 holds up and was hoping Kyle would do the work for me.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in FUN Game Monday!:

I've just been personally curious to see how well 3 holds up and was hoping Kyle would do the work for me.

3 holds up pretty well. There's nothing really dated about it apart from the walking controls and camera rotation. The game itself is still pretty unique and fun.

• I'd love to see him play BoF3, I think there's a lot of things he'd really dig in it. It's not on PSN but he can just slap in a disc right? Of course what I'd really love to see hime play is Grandia but I dunno how much anyone else would support that

He'd lose his mind over being able to poke so many things and knock them over in the houses in Grandia

• What's the deal with all the Wozniak comments in the Psychonauts Part 5 video? Kyle beat him off-screen? Or was that just some bit he did while playing the game?

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Yes he did. He even shows you the score.

• @Olf_Himself Really? Wow. That's amazing! Was this at the beginning of the stream or when? It's over two hours, and I unfortunately don't have enough interest in Psychonauts to watch it all.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in FUN Game Monday!:

@Olf_Himself Really? Wow. That's amazing! Was this at the beginning of the stream or when? It's over two hours, and I unfortunately don't have enough interest in Psychonauts to watch it all.

I second that, timestamp please.

• The first 3 min of the stream

• @TokyoSlim I can't even make fun of his pathetic fantasy football score now, he finally beat Woz!

Yeah, I'm still going to make fun of his fantasy performance.

• @Sentinel-Beach @Oscillator
    It's the first thing he does.

• Yep, gotcha. I just skipped the beginning yesterday, thought there'd be only fan art, and then browsed through the stream to see where he is and when would we see a new game possibly.

But yeah. What a conclusion to BvW. This was almost... sad in a way? It's a thing that just happened. I'm having a weird feeling right now. The King of Kong documentary, anyone? Brilliantly similar.

• @Sentinel-Beach It makes a lot of sense though. Those Boz vs. Woz streams became a lot of Bosman doing bits and laughing hysterically, plus reading chat. There was just too much stimulation to every fully relax and get that high score. Can confirm, watching football while playing games is grand, it's where I do most of my Pokemon playing these days.