Kill Your Babies! Messing with Metacritic!

• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Soul Calibur
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Perfect Dark
    Metroid Prime
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Uncharted 2: Honor Among Thieves
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box
    Batman: Arkham City

Because licensed games will forever give me a weird vibe. Like, this property didn't start as a video game, yet here it is, high on a list. Stay in your lane. Not like original game characters make their way into other forms of media other than horrible movies.

• @parasitepaladin Does that mean you're gonna kill Tony Hawk later since he's a real person?

Not trying to be snarky here, just curious.

Also... Booooooo..... why does someone always have to kill Arkham City. I never get to see it make it to the end in these games....

• There is an undeniably clear winner on this list. I'm real tempted to kill it, but I won't. (yet)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Soul Calibur
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Perfect Dark
    Metroid Prime
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box

Instead I'm killing Perfect Dark. I am killing it because in these threads, GoldenEye always gets killed off first because "blah blah blah Perfect Dark is better". In this thread, even if it's only for one post - GoldenEye wins. Slappers only, brah!

Soul Calibur
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box

You've got to be pretty sick in the head to make a game that glorifies killing prostitutes with a baseball bat.

Soul Calibur
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box

I'm in the camp that thinks the original Galaxy is better than the sequel, if only for the manner in which the levels are connected. Gotta have that context!

Soul Calibur
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box

I've never understood why some hold Super Mario Galaxy as a 10/10 game, or the best 3D Mario. It's a great game but I feel some elements are lacking. It's too easy and I feel like it's a linear game trying to disguise itself as something else, when there is a greater sense of exploration in 64 and Sunshine.

Having said that it does have some wonderful moments and Rosalina is the best character that Nintendo have created in a while, even if Miyamoto hates anything that vaguely resembles narrative and character depth.

Soul Calibur
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4
    The Orange Box

A compilation like this is cheating among the other contestants.

Soul Calibur
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Half-Life 2
    Bioshock
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4

Ah, there is only one game out of these that I would champion, and Bioshock just ain't it. Any chance I have to knock it out is just so cathartic.

• What if I want to kill all of them?

• @TokyoSlim I think (though I'm sure I'm wrong) your "clear winner" may have been massacred. Not sure though ;-)

@Haru17 Well, you could do your best to kill as many as possible, but there must always be a winner.

Soul Calibur
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    Half-Life 2
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4

One of the most overrated games I've ever played. It may have been good at the time, but other games have caught up in that time.

Soul Calibur
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4

Just because it feels good killing one of the most overrated games from THE most overrated developer ever.

Soul Calibur
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Metroid Prime
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4

Guys, I love these games, but come on. How are they still up here? Maybe we all just got distracted. I know I did. Pro Skater 2 is the best in the series, in my opinion, so I'll let someone else take care of that.

Soul Calibur
    Metroid Prime
    GoldenEye 007
    Resident Evil 4

Time hasn't been kind to this one. And all the others are better.

• Oh my I didn't even see Goldeneye in there, my rage at GTAV must have blinded me, good thing it was taken off before it was too late.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Soul Calibur
    Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4

Fighting games are not really my thing, but Soul CAlibur games are the ones that I've like the least

Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4

Could never really get into this, despite how much my friends loved it... Just never big on skateboard culture.

• @Brannox indeed it was. :)

• @Inustar I would have, but I got here rather late.

• @Musou-Tensei I believe we may be polar opposites. Happy to know your acquaintance ally! ;-)

Now we have our final two! Between our two finalists, which one should be the highest scored game on Metacritic?

Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4

As always, click the link, vote for your preferred winner, and post if you feel like it! After 24 hours, the poll will close (5 p.m. EST) Thanks for playing :-D

http://www.strawpoll.me/11567503

• Neither of the final two have I played...

But I voted for Metroid because if Nintendo isn't going to show it love, I will. Out of the two it's also the one I would be more likely to try.

Also Resident Evil 4 changed a horror series into an action series, which while a fine game (my BF constantly tells me it's great), it's sorta sad that a horror icon stopped really being about the horror. I am excited to see what 7 is Iike though.