Selective Creation: Does the Wii U Have 25 Good Games? You Decide!

• Now it's time to go back to consoles. To celebrate the announcement of Switch, I believe the death knell for the Wii U has long since rang. So, it is your task to pick the 25 games for the Wii U's magnum opus. Think of it like this: If you could pick Wii U games that deserve to be ported/re-released on Switch, but be better, what would they be?

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games the Wii U will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until three people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. If you're not a fan of the Wii U in general, then get to trolling if that makes you happy.

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 Wii U games the console should be remembered for?

Have fun!

• "You can only give one title per game"

I've never quite understood this sentence. Does it mean like "one title per turn", or what is going on?

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Oh, wait.....

• Guess I'll kick things off:

Donkey King Country: Tropical Freeze

I received OG Donkey Kong Country on my 4th birthday. First game I ever personally owned, and I completed it the same year after months and months of slow progress. It's what started my love of gaming. Tropical Freeze innovates on that wonderful formula in such a rich and vibrant way. Every level feels like love and passion were poured into them. It's charming, challenging, and a great entry for this list.

• @Sentinel-Beach "one title per post" makes the most sense in that context... @Brannox?

• @Sentinel-Beach @Billy. Hmmm, you've got a point. I can see the confusion now, where I didn't before. I will reword it. The context is you can only give one game until the 3 other players or 12 hour restraints go by. Thank you both for pointing this out! Really helps makes this easier and better!

• Donkey King Country: Tropical Freeze
    Bayonetta 2

I mean duh, it's the best game on this darn console, well at least it was my GotY 2014.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Come on.

• Low key one of my favorite consoles ever.

Donkey King Country: Tropical Freeze
    Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World

An unfairly maligned game for those who were hoping for something more like a Galaxy 3. Those that did play 3D world, though, were treated to a beautiful game with some incredible level design, mastery of its game mechanics, an incredible score, and some good, good, vibes.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

AKA the best game on eighth gen Nintendo without a green fairy boi in it. Other action games wish they could have a combat system this deep. The closest most will ever get is twitchy reaction ping pong. Truly, Monster Hunter is the thinking man's action RPG.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101

My #2 on Wii U, most hours I have spent on Wii U game, made a well liked pick ups and secrets guide on Miiverse when it wasn't even out in the US yet (it was 1st released in europe, for some reason, and I actually found a copy in a toy store 4 days before official release), criminaly underrated and underappreciated. My GotY 2013, a sequel, of course made by Platinum, would sell me any system, or Bayo 3 of course.

• I have never even SEEN a Wii U in real life, let alone played one.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3

It good. It very good. Look good too! Lush worlds.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker

Fun fact - Back in the GT days, Don Casanova played one of my Mario Maker levels and even left a drawing as a comment for it.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon

Legitimate 2015 GOTY contender, and even if it wasn't it was by far the best thing the Wii U has gotten in the last year and a half if you ask me.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

A really great adventure game, no wait I mean platformer. Or is it a puzzle game? Now I'm confused.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Mario Kart 8

I mean, is it better then other Mario karts? MAYBE not... but it's one of four Wii U games I own...

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Mario Kart 8
    Wind Waker HD

Toon Link doesn't look like a grapefruit on a stick anymore. Graphics all around nicer too, plus music higher fidelity.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Mario Kart 8
    Wind Waker HD
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I do not own this game but I want it badly. It's a game made by Atlus were you play as a japanese idol. It's a recipe for amazing.

Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Mario Kart 8
    Wind Waker HD
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    Bayonetta

The last game I will add to this list is of course the glorious port of the glorious masterpiece that is Bayonetta, my GotY 2009.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.