Mobile Suit Builders

• Finished this a while ago but waiting for less-humid weather so I can top coat it :)
    One complaint I have for IBO kits is that they're not very solid kit to handle. The legs on 1/100 kits are all very wobbly.
    0_1511984675201_barbatos lupus.jpg

This kit is for memory of my dad. He bought an SD toy for me as a child but we lost it during the moving.
    0_1511985332192_dad gundam.jpg

The anime might not up to everyone's taste but I really dig suit design of Recon G :)
    Will order more kits from this series.
    0_1511985416857_grimoire.jpg

• @WickedPony Have you built the Gusion? I don't know about the 1/100 kit, but the HG is a brick house, lol.

• @Minamik Ah yes, I build an HG Gusion. The kit is super loose now but it was my fault.
    I tried top coat it while the air is humid so the coat become foggy(I tried sanding the foggy part off but the damage has been done). Panicked, I tried hot air dryer but blowing hot air super close to the model was not a good idea lol. Plastic warped happened ;3; Still love him though.
    0_1512314331252_gusion final.jpg

• @WickedPony Still looks good in the picture at least, haha. I feel like if I ever buy one of those action bases, I'd want to take the picture, and then try to edit it out with something like photoshop, because the poses are cool, but the bar sticking out of the butt, not so much, haha.

• @Minamik Ah I think using black or white background will help making action base a little less distracting :) I saw those Youtube review using black/white cloth and if you want to edit the base out it would be more easier too.

Oh btw, I maybe a bit too hasty to say that all 1/100 IBO kits has loose legs/ankle. 1/100 Grimgerde is a very solid kit. Which really doesn't make sense since it use the same inner frame as 1/100 Barbtos Lupus and 1/100 Vidar, both of which has a wobbly legs. I dunno maybe it's because both of them has more leg armor than Grimgerde.

Speaking of posing, I might share a few tips on how to pose gunpla. I think good pose can make your kit looks 20% cooler ;)

• Finally done with this sucker.
    I choose this version over raiser version because I want that huge ass buster sword-shield
    But ended up regret it cause he can't hold it for shit lol(he can in a way but look really awkward in shield mode)
    I dropped the buster sword-shield while posting and the handle just broke off ;3;
    Still need to order LED units to light this bad boy up :)

0_1512577976923_OO 7swords 1.jpg
    0_1512577988125_OO 7swords 2.jpg
    0_1512578013091_OO 7swords 3.jpg

• OK I'm such a dummie. 1/100 Grimgerde didn't use the same frame as 1/100 Barbatos and Vidar.
    Grimgerde use Valkyrie frame as oppose to Gundam frame like Barbatos or Vidar.

• Applying my painting screw up lessons heavily during my current build, because I'll be devastated if I screw this one up.

• Now with LED unit installed XD
    Yep wrong light color LOL
    0_1513442230614_OO 7swords 4.jpg

• @WickedPony It's not wrong! It's custom! ;)

• It's almost time Christmas! :D
    What would you ask Bandai Santa for present :)
    Mine would be

1. MG Sazabi Ver Ka
      alt text
    2. PG GP01 Full Bernern
      alt text

• @WickedPony Since you took mine, I guess I'll say MG Kampfer or ZZ Ver Ka, lol.

• Bought myself this kit for Christmas :)
    Hope you all have a great holidays :)

0_1514330840450_turn x 1.jpg

• Of course the Landman Rodi is part of an expensive P-Bandai set... alt text

• @Minamik I think there's an upcoming kit that bundle Landman Rodi with Geirail Schraf..fi...can?
    alt text
    hmmm... can you make a pre-order Pbandai kits from your local store? from what I understand, this is how you get Pbandai kits without having to pay extra(but yeah the kit you shown was past the pre-order period now)

• @WickedPony They came out with a parts set which includes the legs/feet you can just put on the Man Rodi to turn it into the Landman Rodi. I'd rather do that and paint it, then buy some expsensive kit with stuff I don't want, lol.

Besides, I have a list a mile long of stuff I want to build.

• SHINING FINGER! XD
    All panel lined and decals up :)
    alt text

0_1515009116652_turn a vs x.jpg

0_1515009449301_turn x 3.jpg

• I find most suit design in SEED boring but Providence is one mean-looking mobile suit

alt text

alt text

• @WickedPony Yeah, that's a pretty cool backpack there! I wish I had more to show, but lately its been so cold, I can't really do any painting on anything. I've got a ton of ideas though, haha.

• Took 2 months to finish this, cause I wanted to show it off on the Gundam stream, but here we have Omegamon (Omnimon) from Digimon.

alt text

[alt text](0_1517012515113_upload-2ccdc1af-cbe0-4bbf-b9e1-da6abb60ea04 image url)