Mobile Suit Builders

• Applying my painting screw up lessons heavily during my current build, because I'll be devastated if I screw this one up.

• Now with LED unit installed XD
    Yep wrong light color LOL
    0_1513442230614_OO 7swords 4.jpg

• @WickedPony It's not wrong! It's custom! ;)

• It's almost time Christmas! :D
    What would you ask Bandai Santa for present :)
    Mine would be

1. MG Sazabi Ver Ka
      alt text
    2. PG GP01 Full Bernern
      alt text

• @WickedPony Since you took mine, I guess I'll say MG Kampfer or ZZ Ver Ka, lol.

• Bought myself this kit for Christmas :)
    Hope you all have a great holidays :)

0_1514330840450_turn x 1.jpg

• Of course the Landman Rodi is part of an expensive P-Bandai set... alt text

• @Minamik I think there's an upcoming kit that bundle Landman Rodi with Geirail Schraf..fi...can?
    alt text
    hmmm... can you make a pre-order Pbandai kits from your local store? from what I understand, this is how you get Pbandai kits without having to pay extra(but yeah the kit you shown was past the pre-order period now)

• @WickedPony They came out with a parts set which includes the legs/feet you can just put on the Man Rodi to turn it into the Landman Rodi. I'd rather do that and paint it, then buy some expsensive kit with stuff I don't want, lol.

Besides, I have a list a mile long of stuff I want to build.

• SHINING FINGER! XD
    All panel lined and decals up :)
    alt text

0_1515009116652_turn a vs x.jpg

0_1515009449301_turn x 3.jpg

• I find most suit design in SEED boring but Providence is one mean-looking mobile suit

alt text

alt text

• @WickedPony Yeah, that's a pretty cool backpack there! I wish I had more to show, but lately its been so cold, I can't really do any painting on anything. I've got a ton of ideas though, haha.

• Took 2 months to finish this, cause I wanted to show it off on the Gundam stream, but here we have Omegamon (Omnimon) from Digimon.

alt text

[alt text](0_1517012515113_upload-2ccdc1af-cbe0-4bbf-b9e1-da6abb60ea04 image url)

• @Minamik
    I missed the stream ;3; (it's 3 AM where I live)
    How do you send the image to Kyle on the stream by the way?

• @WickedPony You just tweet it to @ easyallies, but I'm not sure unless it's done during the stream whether they'd show it or not.

• With a recently deposited tax return and nicer weather, hopefully, on the way, it's time to get back into model building season, my friends! I've got 2 kits on order that I'm pretty excited about. One of them is from Gundam, and the other is from a game series that never really took off in the west.

• The model is a few years off from the Bluebird Zenigata had in Castle of Cagliostro, but it's the closest I could find.

Lupin the III: Project 2. Coming soon. Zenigata custom ICPO Bluebird!

alt text

• Hey, kiddos! Amateur Gundam Building streams are back, and so are we. Here's what I've been working on. I dug some clay from our yard and made a cat figure, but then I decided to try and paint it to look like Kuro Nyanko-Sensei (from Natsume Yuujinchou). It was going well till I got to the face, lol. And my current gunpla project is the MW-01 Mobile Worker from Gundam the Origins. Loose parts so I can take it apart to paint when I'm ready.

alt text

• So, one of the problems I've been running across has been with using the Tamiya panel wash over gloss coated parts. I read the other day that enamel does best over acrylic, but it seems that there aren't very many options out there for an acrylic top coat that comes in a rattle can. Cue Google. A few days later, and now I have a bottle of Pledge floor polish and a can of Mod Podge Acrylic Sealer.

I've painted the shield from my ancient Wing Gundam in the same scheme as what I'm planning for my model, and gave it a coat of Mod Podge. Here's hoping it solves the problem.

• Pretty satisfied with how the panel wash worked with the mod podge spray. I think any smudging you might see is cause I didn't give it enough time to dry. Next test is water slide decals, sealed with pledge, and then covered with matte spray.alt text