Mobile Suit Builders

• Took 2 months to finish this, cause I wanted to show it off on the Gundam stream, but here we have Omegamon (Omnimon) from Digimon.

alt text

[alt text](0_1517012515113_upload-2ccdc1af-cbe0-4bbf-b9e1-da6abb60ea04 image url)

• @Minamik
    I missed the stream ;3; (it's 3 AM where I live)
    How do you send the image to Kyle on the stream by the way?

• @WickedPony You just tweet it to @ easyallies, but I'm not sure unless it's done during the stream whether they'd show it or not.

• With a recently deposited tax return and nicer weather, hopefully, on the way, it's time to get back into model building season, my friends! I've got 2 kits on order that I'm pretty excited about. One of them is from Gundam, and the other is from a game series that never really took off in the west.

• The model is a few years off from the Bluebird Zenigata had in Castle of Cagliostro, but it's the closest I could find.

Lupin the III: Project 2. Coming soon. Zenigata custom ICPO Bluebird!

alt text

• Hey, kiddos! Amateur Gundam Building streams are back, and so are we. Here's what I've been working on. I dug some clay from our yard and made a cat figure, but then I decided to try and paint it to look like Kuro Nyanko-Sensei (from Natsume Yuujinchou). It was going well till I got to the face, lol. And my current gunpla project is the MW-01 Mobile Worker from Gundam the Origins. Loose parts so I can take it apart to paint when I'm ready.

alt text

• So, one of the problems I've been running across has been with using the Tamiya panel wash over gloss coated parts. I read the other day that enamel does best over acrylic, but it seems that there aren't very many options out there for an acrylic top coat that comes in a rattle can. Cue Google. A few days later, and now I have a bottle of Pledge floor polish and a can of Mod Podge Acrylic Sealer.

I've painted the shield from my ancient Wing Gundam in the same scheme as what I'm planning for my model, and gave it a coat of Mod Podge. Here's hoping it solves the problem.

• Pretty satisfied with how the panel wash worked with the mod podge spray. I think any smudging you might see is cause I didn't give it enough time to dry. Next test is water slide decals, sealed with pledge, and then covered with matte spray.alt text

• So...I think I just learned what has been really causing my smudging problems....apparently Mr. Color is lacquer based...and using it's associated thinner on an enamel line over an acrylic gloss...might not be the best idea...ahaha...fml

• A bit of advice to any would be painters. Ziplock bags labeled with lefts and rights will save you a lot of pain, lol.

• Halfway there! alt text

• Getting in some practice for this stuff
    alt text

With this.
    alt text

alt text