Mobile Suit Builders

• Youtube Video

This stream is extremely relaxed, I'm loving it.

Admittedly, I've never watched Gundam or anything similar and my "model-building" expertise has mostly been in Legos and those metallic sets, but I think I'm going to jump in sometime this year. I may not understand the source material, but a cool giant robot is still a cool giant robot.

• @SabotageTheTruth I recommend just browsing on Hobby Link Japan to see if anything catches your eye. Don't have to know what it is to know that you like the design.

• This really takes me back. I used to have a bunch of Mobile Suit toys when I was a kid, and would spend so much time constructing them. I think the biggest one I had was a spiky, dark one that looked like a Sea Urchin. I don't remember its name though.

One I know for sure I had was the JDG-00X Devil Gundam from G Gundam, but that one was already built when I got it. Unfortunately I no longer have any of my old stuff. The care I put into them was so little that I would to take them into the bathtub, and pieces would constantly fall off lol.

Anyway, good times. Love the builds you guys have.

• Hey Allies! Great to see that we have model kits/gunpla allies here too!

I've actually been building mostly gunpla since I was little. I kinda took a hiatus and stopped building in my teens but really came back to building with the release of Gundam Unicorn(my absolute fave).

So here are some of my builds.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Finally got around to adding decals to this puppy!

alt text

• Surprisingly few panel lines on this kit, I guess. Oh well! Here's the finished Real Grade RX-78-2 Gundam . At least until spring when it gets warm enough for a top coat.

alt text

• I'm waiting for my stand to arrive (for some reason, that was the slowest thing to ship) and then I'll upload some pictures of my first finished Gundam!

If you want to know if I enjoyed the process, just know that I finished ordering 3 more right now.

• This time it's not a mobile suit! :o

It's Danbo, from the manga Yotsuba&! Some finishing touches still need done, but overall super simple compared to Gundams.

alt text

• Getting prepped for tomorrow!

alt text

And noticed how damn huge this thing's feet are. Holy moley! And it's only a High Grade!

alt text

• Got myself some Iron Blooded Orphan kits for myself and Sent a Norse inspired one for Huber and the rest. I dont think any of them has tried a real grade so I sent one of those as well!

Painting/Weathering isn't my forte but After awhile Weathering is much easier then Painting in my eyes.

• @GhostoftheMachine Before watching some weathering videos on Youtube, I thought it'd be super hard, but honestly, it can be as easy or as hard as you want.

All I did was bought a silver paint pen and brush. I put a bit of the paint in a bottle cap, and dip the brush in. Wipe almost all the paint off the brush onto some paper towel, and then just lightly brush little bits here and there so it looks like the paint is chipped

• My last 3 projects.
    alt text

• @Minamik This is why I always encourage people to weather their kits if they like that look. Drybrushing is as easy as you describe and weather pastels are even easier (but they can be messy, so use them outside). Weathering also has the added bonus of helping you hide any nub marks or other mistakes you made during the building process.

• I've got a bunch of kits that I've finished building but haven't weathered yet, but here's my two most recent builds:

Helmwige Reincar

Kimaris Trooper

• It's arrived just in time for Friday!
    alt text

• Now I'm just one suit shy of a baker's EZA!

And this thing is nigh impossible to pose!

alt text
    alt text

• I'm very thankful to Bosman and company for bringing this hobby to my attention.

I have since built 2 High Grade Gundam models during some chill hangouts with my brother at my apartment. Good times!
    alt text

alt text

• never a fan of the gundam show but after a trip to Japan and bought some Frame Arms Girl kit, I found myself really enjoying building these model kits.
    so I bought HG Gusion and Man Rodi from local store for my first ever gundam kit and have so much fun building them
    My next kit was MG Tallgeese. I really like it's simple yet striking design of the suit
    My next gundam kit was RG Sinanju. I bought it without second thought because it's a very beautiful kit and later find out it was one of the most troublesome kit lol. but I still love it all the same just have to be very patience while handling it. Im so proud able to pose it the way I want since most would give up just to make it standing lol. He's my most fav kit for sure despite all it's problem
    0_1497144172472_pla1.jpg
    0_1497144240718_tallgeese7.jpg
    0_1497144267391_sinan pose3.jpg
    0_1497144277713_sinan pose1.jpg

• When's the next episode of Amateur Gundam Construction?

• @WickedPony Good to see another Gusion, lol.