New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer

• @Nillend said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

Honestly I'm still not convinced. Probably won't be until it comes out, but I still really want it to be good.

Exactly, EA isn't above suspicion in their QA department these days. If it truly comes out as soon as they say, I'd be concerned about it's quality.....or lack of content.

But we'll see. It's just nothing I'm gonna rush out and pre-order this time, same with FFXV. I want to see how the initial impressions look this time around before I bite, so far it's been very.......No Man's Sky-ish in the sense of making people speculate all kinds of things without really confirming or denying anything yet.

Obviously the gameplay thing in december SHOULD reveal something I'd hope, since other than PSX when else are they going to show it off before it's expected launch? If they aim for spring it'll be out before E3.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

But we'll see. It's just nothing I'm gonna rush out and pre-order this time, same with FFXV. I want to see how the initial impressions look this time around before I bite, so far it's been very.......No Man's Sky-ish in the sense of making people speculate all kinds of things without really confirming or denying anything yet.

That's a pretty safe decision with any game nowadays. Doesn't really hurt any of us to wait until there's more info on a game before we buy it.

• Banned

Do you think this new entry is prime material for more Gamer Poop?

Youtube Video

• @Art said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

@Mechanoid said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

Very excited! Some extra details from neogaf http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309671 [contains SPOILERS... sorta. Don't go if you're gonna go full blackout]

Squadmates
    -Peebee (nickname): Asari squadmate shown in previous footage. Went off on her own after arriving on the Nexus and described as having a "bubbly personality". She's smart and not concerned with social norms and "niceties".

Liara fans, you guys ready for Sera 2.0?

I'm ready for bleach. I hope there are some good characters that at least come somewhat close to my waifu Tali and my bro Garrus, Team JTG forever.

• Global Moderator

If the game becomes anything close to ME2 or the ME3 DLCs I am happy. At the same time it feels a little like "Okey now the ME series have sold very well, lets get some cash!". To me for this game to feel "genuine" I would want to see a RPG game that still differs a lot from the original trilogy. Still lots of story and so on, but perhaps more about exploring and building relations than pewpew.

Nether the less I am hyped for this to 300% and I hope to get a cool adventure out of it! :D

• I'm interested in seeing what BioWare do with this fresh start approach and purposefully removing the characters and story away from original games in terms of time and space. (How very sci-fi!) I do worry that the big bad in this will be the typical "MWHAHAHA we are the bad guys behind the last bad guys you fought!" rather than an entirely new threat. It's gonna be interesting! Looking forward to seeing proper gameplay soon.

• @Lotias I completely agree with you about taking anything we can get, but I slightly differ about the launch window. If they had said a definitive date, I would be irritated, because I know that's most likely NOT the date they will keep. Being a window, they leave themselves wiggle room while simulataneously not having to lie to fans.

@ZyloWolfBane They already have confirmed the reveal to be at the Game Awards, which is on Thursday, December 1.

• It might be too much to ask for, but I would really be excited to discover an entire cast of new species (sentient or not) like how the Mass Effect 1 felt. I would hate find that Andromeda only inhabits one overarching min bad guy species (kind of like how the protheans were).

• @frasafrase If there aren't at LEAST 5 new species I'll be a little disappointed. This is a whole new galaxy it's unbelievable if it were all the same. I know we'll have a few returning, obviously, but man I want some new cool aliens. Not sure if tech wise it would be possible, but it'd be amazing if some of the new species were not even remotely human like and could be squad mates. It's my dream.

• I liked the trailer and I'm in the player base who gave up on Mass Effect 2 under half way through. My criticism of ME2 was that it was essentially a "gather the gang" plot (i.e. The Avengers, Fast Five, and a million other Hollywood films) with shooting and too much soap opera exposition in between.

This new game looks borderline epic. If the plot has some sort of edge to it outside of gather the gang and fight the bad guys, and they embrace a more action-adventure tone as opposed to a space opera one, then I may get back into the series.

• Banned

@GoTaco said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

My criticism of ME2 was that it was essentially a "gather the gang" plot

ME2 was basically your typical jrpg.

Which is hilarious because a Bioware dev said that jrpgs aren't rpgs.

• @Brannox said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

@Lotias I completely agree with you about taking anything we can get, but I slightly differ about the launch window. If they had said a definitive date, I would be irritated, because I know that's most likely NOT the date they will keep. Being a window, they leave themselves wiggle room while simulataneously not having to lie to fans.

@ZyloWolfBane They already have confirmed the reveal to be at the Game Awards, which is on Thursday, December 1.

I know, that's what I said. But whether it actually reveals anything useful has yet to be seen, that was my point.

• @Art Bioware devs say the darndest things.

• @ZyloWolfBane Oh, ok. Sorry for the confusion. I think it will have some stuff, but it won't be a blowout of sorts.

• @Brannox said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

@ZyloWolfBane Oh, ok. Sorry for the confusion. I think it will have some stuff, but it won't be a blowout of sorts.

That's about what I expect as well, my wife is hoping they'll explain whether we can make a character of a different race than humans or not. And...well I'd like to be a Turian myself lol.

• @ZyloWolfBane Turians are my favorite species. Krogan a very close second. :thumbsup:

• Mass Effect 3 ending really pissed me off.

That being said, the premise of Andromeda and us being the ones invading the galaxy is a really promising story.

• @Art said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

@GoTaco said in New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" Trailer:

My criticism of ME2 was that it was essentially a "gather the gang" plot

ME2 was basically your typical jrpg.

Which is hilarious because a Bioware dev said that jrpgs aren't rpgs.

Really? It's funny how so many talented people say inflammatory things in the media. Not to say they aren't entitled to their opinion, but obviously people are gonna feel some type of way when a major developer says "JRPGs aren't RPGs".

What do you mean about ME2 being a typical JRPG plot? I think it's more Hollywood than anything.

• @GoTaco I wish that would be the worst thing they said.

• @Musou-Tensei

I have no idea about this. Wanna share?