Visiting Los Angles for the first time - tips?
Marc Pm last edited by Marc Pm
Anyone here from LA? I'll be in the city from Monday to Sunday, and although I'm visiting for work I would love to visit the city too.
I'll definitely go to Fat Burger, any other recommendation?
(I know most of Allies are from outside of LA, but just in case)
TheHashtag0nist last edited by
download Lyft on your phone. Not Uber
ZyloWolfBane last edited by
Food places to check out:
- PF Changs - Burbank Town Center, 201 E Magnolia Blvd, Burbank
- Rally's (It's a chain, they're practically everywhere in LA)
- In And Out (My personal fav is at THIS address)- 5864 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood
- Tito's Tacos (Be prepared to wait)- 11222 Washington Pl, Culver City
- Pink's Hot Dogs- 709 N La Brea Ave
Cool places to shop:
- Game Dude- 12104 Sherman Way, North Hollywood
- Fry's Electronics- (Not too far from Game Dude actually, just up the road a bit) 2311 N Hollywood Way, Burbank
- Glendale Galleria (It's a mall) 100 W Broadway, Glendale
I haven't lived in Los Angeles in almost 20 years so this is just based on places I've been going to recently whenever I visit every month or two.
TokyoSlim last edited by TokyoSlim
If you're a fan of art, go to The Getty Museum and The Getty Villa. Admission is free, parking is like $15.
Also, Griffith Observatory is cool. I like to pack a little picnic lunch and go up there.
And I always check to see what's happening at The New Beverly Theater, they generally have double features of kung fu movies, pulp classics, exploitation, Film Noir, horror, or etc. Quentin Tarantino owns the place, so occasionally they have special guests to present or talk about stuff.