The Official EZA Monster Hunter Community Thread!

• @KoalaShoots Haha. I am ok with hunting it I just have to prepare more. Last time I didn't have any mega potions.

• @Uahsoj 42-7994-4127-9907 pc:0111

• I couldn't rejoin the room??

• @KoalaShoots Thanks for hunting! I enjoy farming the gore much more than hyper deviljho.

• @Uahsoj sounds good. I'll be able to hunt again whenever.

• 44-8094-8607-0739 pc 2525

Online now!

• Easy Ally

I've been out of this thread for so long, but very happy to see people are still hunting together. Looking to get back into MH once the break starts.

• @BenMoore this thread have been so ridiculously slow when you are not streaming this game... lol

• Yeah, I'd like to help y'all hunt, but I've been playing Monster Hunter 4 (which Cross basically is) with forum folk since early 2015. Too occupied with work and Final Fantasy to help ATM.

• Global Moderator

@BenMoore new free DLC is out

• Would anybody like to hunt?

• I had played MH3U and MH4U back in the day, and got Generations around August, but I was never able to devote much time to it. Until now! While I catch up to everyone I'd love to hunt with people sometime!

3DS FC: 4425-1474-1599

• @Jamicov let's play!

• @BenMoore

Added.
    4038-5999-3254

• Youtube Video

Monster Hunter trailers never disappoint — this is Double Cross, by the way, the so-far Japan-only ultimate version of Generations. I don't expect this to convert any series outsiders, as it is a lot of reused content, but I think these attack and special animations blow anything in most action games out of the water. Just so satisfying.

Anyway, if you're having a hard time parsing it, the trailer shows the two new hunter styles; monsters returning from past games; new deviant forms of Malfestio, Shogun Ceanataur, and three out of the four Fated Four (the flagship / promotional monsters from Cross); Double Cross' new flagship duo — Barufaruku and the deviant Diablos; and finally a little tease at whatever the new online boss at the end of G rank is supposed to be. Looks wild.

And finally — since I'm necroing this thread pretty hard, let me just ask: @BenMoore, when are you streaming Generations again? We have yet to get you out of low rank, haha!

• @Haru17 Oh wow... I haven't looked at any of the double cross coverage, pretty much writing it off as something I would pass on if it came here. Seeing that footage though... It's amazing how hungry I am for more Monster Hunter considering all the time I've already poured into the series.

It's nice to see the return of so many veteran monsters as well. I was a big fan of Nerscylla armor/hammer. And Lao Shan Lung! At least the Switch will be a region-free system if/when they make the glorious transition back to consoles. I need to start campaigning for the return of water-combat...

• @Billy Monster Hunter 5 with both aerial and underwater combat on Switch? Oh man, I can't not be excited for that. It's weird with XX launching in March, but only for the 3DS in Japan. Maybe it'll come to the west on Switch, but who can say.

More than anything I would like for these new individual moves to be incorporated into each weapon's base move set, maybe with some combos to slot in and a choice between the guild style dodge, aerial style vault, and adept style evade rolls. I just want all of the new animations introduced by Generations to be part of a weapon's base move set, regardless of style, if that makes any sense.

• @Haru17 It'll be interesting to see how they handle movesets coming out of Generations and into future installments. I pretty much only played Guild style (I'm an old man stuck in his comfortable ways), but it seems they were largely successful in making a more diverse and dynamic play experience. Maybe customizable combos could change things up.

• @Billy I think all hunters are going to have some aerial capabilities more than 4, but not necessarily like Cross at the least. I hope they reinterpret the whole mounting system to something more Shadow of the Colossus-y. Or if not that methodical, just allow aerial attacks, vaults, and running across a monster's back and attacking for a short amount of time.

• I'm gonna mess around in Generations for a bit. Maybe I'll hop around to one of the other titles. Just want to freshen up on my Monster Hunter. I'm leaving our Discord channel open, so feel free to stop by and say "hi" or to play for a bit.

EZA Monster Hunters
    https://discord.gg/xTmKxRZ