Selective Creation: The EZA Community 25 Favorite Games (NOT BEST)!

• This one is a little different. Partially inspired by the EZA Top 100 list, this list build is simply to show, not the best games, but your absolute favorites, regardless of niche or notoriety. Granted, I'm expecting a lot of the top games from the other list here, but one thing I noticed is that several people gave their most beloved games and expecting it to not place. Not here. As such, I'm slightly going to tweak the rules.

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games EVER. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until FIVE people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. I'm increasing the cap because I'm hoping to see more representation. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear.

This time, there will NOT be a franchise cap. That's right: As many games as possible for a franchise is viable (though, by pushing the vote cap from three to five, I don't see this as a problem).

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 games that should be played, no matter what?

Have fun!

• Yakuza 5

Because this game is amazing and you should all play it.

• Yakuza 5
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Of course I put my favorite game of all time here.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V

I'm tempted to just put Persona in there as I should, but I guess this is a good opportunity to give the spotlight to my favorite non-Persona JRPG. I know that fans of the franchise tend to like 2 more, but 5 is the only one I've played, and to me it's amazing.

Bold letters are'nt working for me for some reason :frowning2: .

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...

I couldn't really explain why it's my favorite game in detail, but it really is and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Because my top 3 have shown to be unpopular in these contests, I'm picking my number 4. It's got more replay value anyway.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle

I will never look at Pomeranians the same way again.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV

Because I forgot to put it on my top 30 list....

• @TokyoSlim AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• @parasitepaladin said in Selective Creation: The EZA Community 25 Favorite Games (NOT BEST)!:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm not sure what the context of this post is. Is that a good response or a bad one? lol

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV

Dragon quest 8

Almost 10 years later, without a doubt still my favourite game.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon quest 8
    Pokemon Gold/Silver

Super tough call, but I've put more hours into the gen 2 games than any other game ever. It makes me feel good. Hopefully some of my other faves will pop up, since my personal best (not favorite) game ever still isn't up here!

• @TokyoSlim Good response! Tokyo Jungle is a great, fun game. I call pomeranians murder beasts now.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokemon Gold/Silver
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

So far my GotY.

• Global Moderator

Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokemon Gold/Silver
    Final Fantasy IX

One of my favourite games of all times! Its a nice JRPG that I believe as me, many others love to play and experience

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokemon Gold/Silver
    Final Fantasy IX
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Because of "Kakolookiyam".

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokemon Gold/Silver
    Final Fantasy IX
    Journey

I return to this every so often and it's pure bliss every single time.

• @Oscillator Aww, why not have faith in your favorite game? The list is shaping up as a very diverse, niche one (for that was my goal), and I'm sad to see that you feel your favorite shouldn't be here. Oh well, either way, it's your decision.

@naltmank The whole point was to create a list of games that people love more than any other. Yes, that is the point of every list building thread, but THIS one I was hoping for people's favorites and favorites alone: Not what the most important games are or a groupthink what the best game is (We just had that :-P ). As long as you gave your favorite (again, as per the title NOT BEST), regardless of what others may think, you've met the criteria.

• @Brannox No worries, I feel good about saying Pokemon is my favorite game ever. I just felt the odd need to clarify the discrepancy between this list and the top 100 (plus the numerous other times I've spouted my love for Chrono Trigger). It was still a legitimately hard choice, though! Gold version is just my comfort food, which is why it only felt right to put it up here.

• Yakuza 5
    Suikoden V
    NiGHTS into Dreams...
    Tokyo Jungle
    Phantasy Star IV
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokemon Gold/Silver
    Final Fantasy IX
    Journey
    Super Mario Sunshine

I know it's common for people to eschew Sunshine in favor of the other 3D Marios, but it still stands tall as my favorite Mario game, 3D or otherwise. It just has such a vibrant world teeming with personality, filled with a myriad of secrets. The levels are large and open, similar to 64, and I prefer that to the more progressively linear stages we see lately. Mario had polished and precise movement, and FLUDD allowed some forgiveness that made 3D platforming feel perfect. And if you preferred the challenge of not having it, there were stages where it was removed, mixing in the more traditional formula. I'll never forget my time on Isle Delfino, and I return there whenever I can.