Selective Creation: The Xbox One Holiday Guide!

• Transitioning BACK to consoles, I think it's time to get a little more modern. As in present day. While technically we may have yet to see the best to come, inspired by some discussion in another thread, I would like to know: What are the native 25 Xbox One games people should buy for the upcoming holidays?

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games to ever exist for the Xbox One. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until three people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. Or if you can't stand Xbox, get to trolling if that makes you happy.

To try to have a little diversity, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap. So if two entries of a series get put on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 games that should be played, no matter what, on the Xbox One?

Have fun!

• Sunset Overdrive

Fun open world game that doesn't takes itself serious at all, it was my 1st XB1 game.

• ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I have the feeling this list won't fill up as fast as previous ones, lol. Tbh I couldn't list 25 games.

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest

Disclaimer: Never had an XBO, never wanted one. Haven't played this, hear good things. Will probably play this on PC eventually.

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Fable Legends
    Forza Horizon 3

I don't own an Xbox, but Forza Horizon 3 looks like a ton of fun. #xboxoneexclusive #alsoonwindows10

• @Musou-Tensei While preferable, all games don't have to be exclusive. If people want to be stringent on that, then yes, the list will probably go slower. However; I can easily list off more than 25 so it's all dependent upon who plays. I understand this community is probably not Xbox centric, but I want to be fair in having a list for fans of the company.

• I'd like to provide my suggestion in picture form.

alt text

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4

Campaign is ok, introducing new characters and bringing back beloved ones. Horde mode improved a lot though, can't stop playing it!

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4
    D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

S2 never ever ;_;

• @SabotageTheTruth In all honesty, it's cool to prefer one over the other, but I don't like the divisiveness it causes. Not saying you are (unless you intentionally want to go that route then why you gotta be like that :-P ), so please don't misinterpret. I just don't get why some people go out of their way for "console superiority" nonsense.

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4

Minecraft

Considering it's sold over 70 million copies over the course of it's life - it's probably safe to say that a lot of people think this is a worthy game. I played it on PC, of course, but it's also been one of the big hitters for Microsoft's consoles over the years.

• I don't have the console or intend to get one, but I'll help out with the list by spreading some Finnish love (and respect).

Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4
    Minecraft
    Quantum Break

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4
    Minecraft
    Quantum Break
    Rare Replay

The ultimate Rare collection, sure as some stinkers like Banjo: Cocks & Balls and PDZ but many great games, sadly GoldenEye is missing.

• Are we allowing collections?

• Just see it as one game: The Rise and Fall of Rare.

• Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4
    Minecraft
    Quantum Break
    Rare Replay
    Dirt Rally

Best rally game since RalliSport Challenge 2. Deep, but not inaccessable.

• @TokyoSlim I debated about it and I'm allowing it for the simple reason that Musou described earlier of not being able to think of games. Besides, if people just can't think of one, there's a thing called Google....

• @Brannox I think I worded it wrong? What I mean is that I couldn't make a top 25 list myself but i have a few games I'm gonna add.

• I will never own one, but all of you seem to have forgotten about multi-platform games, if you need to fill the list out.

Sunset Overdrive
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Gears of War 4
    Minecraft
    Quantum Break
    Rare Replay
    Dirt Rally
    Battlefield 1

Because pew pew pew in the past.